Apoc 2, Marines and Nids - Rumours

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Apoc 2, Marines and Nids - Rumours

Post by Primarch » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:25 pm

Apocalypse 2 is right around the corner. The order date is up on the GW website:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/b ... id=9600060

Marines are the next in line for a Codex, with a White Scars supplement coming out alongside it. Further supplements are planned with Ultramarines being mentioned.

Nids are supposedly in the running after Marines. Someone has suggested that they may have a new monstrous creature of their own. The suggestion is that the new Nid beasty will be to the Tyrannofex (current biggest bug) what the Wraithknight is to the Wraithlord. I'm going to need a pick up truck to carry my armies around at this rate. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Primarch_Vanguard
Veteran

Re: Apoc 2, Marines and Nids - Rumours

Post by Primarch_Vanguard » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:10 pm

Well that makes me a happy camper. About the marines codex that is. And has GW given any thought to the game board dimensions being enlarged to accommodate the new game size that is taking shape. Or is their plan simpy to morph the normal game and apoc into one. anyway, any ETA on the next codex? They seem to come out pretty fast.
The one, the only.

Putting foot to butt all over the universe.

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:46 pm

Primarch wrote:Nids are supposedly in the running after Marines. Someone has suggested that they may have a new monstrous creature of their own. The suggestion is that the new Nid beasty will be to the Tyrannofex (current biggest bug) what the Wraithknight is to the Wraithlord. I'm going to need a pick up truck to carry my armies around at this rate. :D
That's good, because since 6th edition I just haven't felt any love for them. I know that they can still be competitive with 3 Tervigons or whatever, but units that I like, such as Genestealers, just tend to get shot up a lot. As for the new giant model, I am running out of room, so I guess I will have to do without!

Eigen
Rookie

Post by Eigen » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:29 am

Looking forward to seeing what comes out with Apocalypse. The first release was pretty good for the box sets. Sadly, these one-click collections and price-hikes scare me! Can't wait to find out what's available. I heard there's not many new models, and instead a lot of terrain coming...but that was just rumors taken second-hand from the various boards.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:28 am

Some images that were floating around the interweb.

What a bland set of poses for what are bound to be hideously expensive finecast models. :cry:
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:37 am

Primarch wrote: What a bland set of poses for what are bound to be hideously expensive finecast models. :cry:

Yep. More of the same. Yawn.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:18 pm

Hnnf? Wassat? Oh. More marines. Wake me up again when something interesting comes along. HnyumfnymfzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz.......

*edit* actually, on second look the lord executioner made me smile a bit. It's so ridiculously over-blinged 41st millennium it just about qualifies as a parody of itself.

Right! I want a dour space marine. No! Dourer! NO! Even more dour. Right. Now give him an axe. Nonono, don't be stupid. A BIG axe. Ok. Now a jump pack. Hmmm. Still needs something more. Aha! Add an iron halo. Oh! And li'l wings on his jump pack. Whaddya mean they won't fit?!?! Cram em in there! What, you think I pay you to make design decisions? Hell no! We give the customer what they want around these parts, and what they want is geeeeeaaaaiiyant robots and space marines covered in grimdark bling. Right, now cover every available surface in scrolls, skulls, laurels and miscellaneous dangly bits and let's call it a day.

Brilliant. Now, where did I put that sketch I made of a 2 foot high space marine Dino-robo walker suit?

2nd edit: and why in the name of all that's holy do two of those models have huge great vox casters? They're space marines for the love of god! The whole bejeezin' army wears helmets with inbuilt microphones and speakers! Is the vox caster there so they can be heard over the noise of the baneblade's cannon? Cos if it is, I reckon there'd be a very large number of deaf Masters of the Shouty Voice out there, ruptured eardrums being the barrier to effective hearing that they are...
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch_Vanguard
Veteran

Post by Primarch_Vanguard » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm

I posted the same on Facebook. Very nice models with horrible poses. I like the executioner model but I'll pass for the high price they are sure to cost.
The one, the only.

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:05 pm

Not keen on the Executioner, but I quite like the Masters of Relics and Marches. They look like they'll fit in stood next to the previous four Masters of the Chapter. The Master of Rites reminds me of the town crier from HBO's Rome, and the poses just make them look like veterans. They don't need to be leaping around like hyperactive puppies - that's for neophytes and lowly Guardsmen. These guys are commanders who have seen it all over a couple of hundred years, and so they're overlooking the battle, with a mixture of ennui and disdain.

Primarch_Vanguard
Veteran

Post by Primarch_Vanguard » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:26 pm

New necron heavy support coming out.

The one, the only.

Return to “Rumours”