Post by Primarch » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:32 am

Some info on forthcoming 40K supplements from BoLS
Eldar
Iyanden (Shipped June 13)
Biel-Tan (Q1 2014)
-Look for Plastic Aspects with this

Tau
Farsight Enclave (Shipped July 13)
Available first as Digital Edition for Android, Kindle, and iBooks. Not in print for three months. DOWNLOAD NOW
This expansion for Codex: Tau Empire, available for iPad, explores the breakaway Farsight Enclave in greater detail than ever. It contains new background, a timeline of events, rules for using your Tau Empire collection and a glorious gallery of Citadel miniatures painted in the colours of the Farsight Enclave by the 'Eavy Metal team and the Design Studio army painters. This is the perfect compaion for your Tau Empire codex on the iPad.

Tau Mercenaries (Q1 2014)
-Look for plastic Vespids and new Kroot HQ.

Chaos Space Marines
Black Legion (2013)
Quote Originally Posted by Best_Pone@Warseer
So, I've heard from a little birdy that Black Legion will be getting the next supplement. No idea if that will be August or not though, seeing as August is a WFB month.
-August 2013 digital, Physical book later.
Definitive Background for the Black Legion
Detailed Timeline of major historical battles and events
Additional rules (to lead your forces in a Black Crusade)
Miniatures Gallery
Reference for special rules and Wargear

Space Marines
White Scars (2013, part of SM codex initial launch)
Ultramarines (???)
Imperial Fists (???)
Raven Guard (???)

Imperial Guard
Catachans (???)

RULES COMPLEXITY
There are reports that Supplemental codices will become more divergent from their source codex over time and the simpler ones such as Iyanden with its 2 page of rules were released first to "test the waters". Later supplemental codices could contain many more rules varying from book to book.
Honestly, a full codex sized book for 2 pages of rules just isn't worth it IMHO. I already have background in the core codex and the dozens of BL books sitting on my shelf. The whole internet is a miniatures gallery, so really the only thing I want from any GW books is rules. If the books DO have a bit of actual content beyond some quick fanfiction and yet another set of photos of the 'Eavy Metal teams stock armies, I may be tempted by Raven Guard and Catachans as I have large collections of both.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: 40K Supplements

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:02 pm

Plastic aspects is quite exciting, although I struggle to see how they would manage their standard dual kit approach with them. Pooooossibly fire dragons and dire avengers, although as they already have plastic DA that would seem a little wasteful.

I foresee new plastic jetbikes soon, for no other reason than I am currently expending no small amount of effort to kitbash my own :) GW watch me. Their whole release schedule and miniature design aesthetic is designed to make me mad. Just ask the pixies. They'll tell you. Just see if they don't...
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:49 pm

I feel a supplement is welcome. Certainly faction specific CSM and Eldar have been complaining for awhile while Tau allied factions have been something always interesting many players. (In many ways it kind of is the "new race" people have always wanted.) But I'm getting the feeling it is all over-priced and chalked full of cheap fluff. (Actually, I've felt the recent codex fluff is really shoddy. Maybe I am growing up, but I always felt more excited to opening an older codex and reading from them than these recent hardbacks.)

If we are only getting a thin sheet of supplementary rules, it begs the question, why did they need a supplementary codex? Why not just bind them in the same book?
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:23 pm

Back when I were a lad all of this stuff would've just been in White Dwarf, but then this is the company that charges you £1.50 for the privilege of downloading a desktop wallpaper...
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:56 pm

me_in_japan wrote:Back when I were a lad all of this stuff would've just been in White Dwarf, but then this is the company that charges you £1.50 for the privilege of downloading a desktop wallpaper...
You're kidding right? No, I guess not.
It's not like GW's artwork is hard to find on the internet though.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:51 am

ah, I don miss the days when WD had content. The Chapter Approved stuff was awesome. I really wish it would return. :(
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:43 am

job wrote:ah, I don miss the days when WD had content. The Chapter Approved stuff was awesome. I really wish it would return. :(
Even after the 'doof became nothing more than a catalog, GW put out a magazine called The Citadel Journal. It was nothing but optional rules, scenarios and goodies for everything from Epic to Necromunda. Now it seems like the new plan is to put 1\6th of what they'd put in a 5 dollar magazine in a 70 dollar hardbound tome.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:51 am

Konrad wrote: Even after the 'doof became nothing more than a catalog, GW put out a magazine called The Citadel Journal. It was nothing but optional rules, scenarios and goodies for everything from Epic to Necromunda. Now it seems like the new plan is to put 1\6th of what they'd put in a 5 dollar magazine in a 70 dollar hardbound tome.

Don't for get the Necromunda gang war magazine mate.
Attachments
m9O7iSX6lTutF8j6AHMi3BQ.jpg
m9O7iSX6lTutF8j6AHMi3BQ.jpg (15.68 KiB) Viewed 4206 times
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Return to “Rumours”