Naughty people leaking IG stuff.

Miguelsan
Champion

Re: Naughty people leaking IG stuff.

Post by Miguelsan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:09 pm

Heard it on the grapewine just now. Vendettas go up to 170pts and are limited to 6 carrying capacity.
The most fun (and annoying to opponents) unit in the Elite section is gone :x Ratlings are still there, Ogrynns get a new box, psykers keep psyking... but Marbo is gone :evil: hate you GW.

M.

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:25 pm

Disappointing. I feel a bit of a fool, I bought a Valkyrie when I was in the UK last summer, which I intended to use as a vendetta. And also a Marbo model. I daresay he will find new life as a Lone Vigilante in Dredd!
Why get rid of Marbo? I'm not the biggest expert on 40k fluff, but he seemed pretty iconic. :(
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

Miguelsan
Champion

Post by Miguelsan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:22 pm

Not a fool for buying one, the Valk/Vendetta are still there but at 130pts IIRC in squadrons of 3 they were a non-option for Fast Attack.

M.

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:34 pm

I suppose the new point cost for Vendettas is fair thinking about it, the carrying capacity is a shame though. I suppose only small stormtrooper units will be worth putting in them.
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:48 am

Miguelsan wrote:Heard it on the grapewine just now. Vendettas go up to 170pts and are limited to 6 carrying capacity.
The most fun (and annoying to opponents) unit in the Elite section is gone :x Ratlings are still there, Ogrynns get a new box, psykers keep psyking... but Marbo is gone :evil: hate you GW.

M.
What! No Marbo! Man I have a lovingly converted "Squat" Marbo. Well, you tall skinny aliens and things can breath a little easier now that the Galaxy's baddest and silliest demo charge delivery boy has been forced into early retirement.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Miguelsan
Champion

Post by Miguelsan » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:45 am

Well, well, well... 4Chan filtered the new IG codex. An Italian user has been translating stuff and there is much teeth gnashing and tears but Knight Commander Pask has become the new IG charater, if I got it right he got BS 4, Prefered Enemy, Rending, Rerolls to hit, rerolls to penetrate AP, moved to HQ, can be used in a squadron, gets new orders for tanks... all that on a char that doesn't even need a figure, all you need is to paint your command tank with something funny or add an extra antenna and say Pask is inside! I aprove this, time to go and buy some more Italian tanks for my IG :lol:

BTW IG Chimaeras clock at 65pts while Inquisition Chimaeras (technically an add on for this dex with the current build your own codex policy) are still 55pts. GW do you bother reading your own rules?

M.

PS: Someone has a Rhino handy to tell me the measurements? Apparently the Apocotruck is a little bit smaller than a Rhino. My conversion idea from the Tamiya Quad Tractor might be a go.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:41 am

A Rhino is 13x8x5 cm. (LxWxH).

Pask was pretty good in the last edition when mounted in a Vanquisher or a Punisher, I imagine the same will be true this time around. That does seem like a lot of rules though.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Miguelsan
Champion

Post by Miguelsan » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:44 am

More stuff leaked from the Italian and Spanish versions. Dakka Dakka is a pressure cooker almost ready to blow. Wear a flame suit if you go there :mrgreen:
  • LR drop in points, cheapest will be 120pts, average 150. Add Pask and watch people cry.
    Arty is gone except for the new tank and the Basi. Now people are complaining that they won't be able to use their griffons et al because they are limited to FW IA books (same rules, same points but hey it's FW you can't use it apparently)
    Armoured sentinels at 40pts with better stats than a Demon Prince WS3 BS3 S5 T12 W10 I10 A3 Ld2 Sv1 Kid you not I have evidence http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-H-TXSWkk6mg/U ... 8592_n.jpg
    Special Chars outside HQ slot are mostly gone. Some might return in dataslate from? Creed still in.
    Valks at 125pts, Dttas at 170.
    Veterans lose the 3rd special weapon, go to 60pts and now doctrines are about half price, good if you like grenadiers or forward scouts type vets, bad if you were into the 3 special weapons in a chimaera crowd.
    A mistake that rules lawyers will love. HWT have a base cost of 45pts, the intern forgot to put price on the extras. So by torturing RAW a bit 3 lascans have the same price than 3 mortars 8-)
M.

PD: Actually I'm kidding on the Sentinel. The intern (must be the intern, I swear it must be the guy that took 2 years of Spanish classes back at school) used the regular unit header instead of the vehicle one.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:32 am

Sadly I don't have any Sentinel Blindodas so I won't be able to make use of those rules. Ah well. Cheaper LRs are always welcome and I didn't have any artillery beyond Basilisks anyway. Vendettas were pretty good in the previous book, so I can understand them getting more expensive.

On the whole, I don't think any of the changes will really effect how the army plays, blobs are still available and the core of the force remains the same. Of course, the Vets in Chimeras have dropped in power a bit, but I can live with that. The points drop on the armoured sentinel is great news as I assembled a pair of them recently.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Rumours”