40K - End Times???

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: 40K - End Times???

Post by Primarch » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:51 am

Konrad wrote:
YellowStreak wrote:
Primarch wrote:Genestealer Cult Codex & models (Harelquin sized release)
Having felt pretty 'meh' about 40K for a while now, Genestealer cults is the *only* thing that'd get my interest going....
That and plastic Sisters?
If you play one of those Unbound lists, you can mix Bugs and Guard right? Or do they have to still abide by that "Come the Apoc" rule?
They still use that rule, though it no longer stops you from using them together.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:27 am

Konrad wrote:
YellowStreak wrote:
Having felt pretty 'meh' about 40K for a while now, Genestealer cults is the *only* thing that'd get my interest going....
That and plastic Sisters?
If you play one of those Unbound lists, you can mix Bugs and Guard right? Or do they have to still abide by that "Come the Apoc" rule?
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/03/ ... ritas.html

Well....yes... :D ...although the plastic sisters rumours have been around for years and years....
If GW is all about strengthening their more unique IP though, SoB and GS Cults fit the bill...
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:23 am

YellowStreak wrote:
Ever since the middle of 6th Ed, I felt the same way. The steady price increases, bland codices, the massive glut of new rules and datasheets and then the sudden edition change all left me feeling pretty sour about the game as a whole.
The new rumours about returning genestealer cults and new ad-mech forces have certainly helped turn things around for me. (Shame that it all got started off with pointy eared space clowns and not a decent army, but I'll take what I can get). GW has been offering some discounted bundles online (not that I have bought any) and appear to be giving fans what they want for a change rather than just more of the same. I don't think that they aren't money grubbing corporate douchebags, but they are doing a good job of getting me interested in their products again. Whether or not they can keep that interest is another matter of course.
At the last Joshin I played some fun games of 40K with Jus and Underdweller and then I played against Pikey the following weekend. It's not the game you play which is important, it's having good friends to play it with.
So, if you want to try getting back into it sometime, let me know and the sons of Corax will be happy to take the field against your Soroitas. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:07 am

Primarch wrote:
YellowStreak wrote:
Ever since the middle of 6th Ed, I felt the same way. The steady price increases, bland codices, the massive glut of new rules and datasheets and then the sudden edition change all left me feeling pretty sour about the game as a whole.
The new rumours about returning genestealer cults and new ad-mech forces have certainly helped turn things around for me. (Shame that it all got started off with pointy eared space clowns and not a decent army, but I'll take what I can get). GW has been offering some discounted bundles online (not that I have bought any) and appear to be giving fans what they want for a change rather than just more of the same. I don't think that they aren't money grubbing corporate douchebags, but they are doing a good job of getting me interested in their products again. Whether or not they can keep that interest is another matter of course.
At the last Joshin I played some fun games of 40K with Jus and Underdweller and then I played against Pikey the following weekend. It's not the game you play which is important, it's having good friends to play it with.
So, if you want to try getting back into it sometime, let me know and the sons of Corax will be happy to take the field against your Soroitas. :D
Thanks Prim, I'll have to visit you new gaming room, otherwise you're always welcome to come by my place!
You also pretty much summed up much of my feelings about 40k of late in a far more eloquent fashion (than simply 'meh' at any rate!)
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:28 pm

I'm actually keen for a game this weekend if anyone is hosting.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:50 pm

Primarch wrote: At the last Joshin I played some fun games of 40K with Jus and Underdweller and then I played against Pikey the following weekend. It's not the game you play which is important, it's having good friends to play it with.
Quoted for truth!

The system you've set up for NagHam, coupled with playing against a decent bunch of people, is exactly the right thing to inject some life into 40K.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

jus

Post by jus » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:51 am

Agree with spevna, I played non competitive games with prim and pike, lost both but they were such a blast to play.

So I've been hearing a lot about these genestealer cults. They were a bit before my time, so I don't really understand the draw or what makes them do cool. Apart from the info on the wikia what is it about genestealer cults that would make people want to get em? Tyranid with militarum allies?

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:19 am

jus wrote:Agree with spevna, I played non competitive games with prim and pike, lost both but they were such a blast to play.

So I've been hearing a lot about these genestealer cults. They were a bit before my time, so I don't really understand the draw or what makes them do cool. Apart from the info on the wikia what is it about genestealer cults that would make people want to get em? Tyranid with militarum allies?
Not quite.
Back in the day when Stealer Cults were around, the Nids weren't even a playable faction. It's all a part of the Genestealer lore, they are infiltration organisms. Stealers land on a planet and infect the locals. The locals give birth to hybrids who then infect more people. As each generation of hybrids is born they look more and more like the host species, but with a connection to the Brood Lord (or Patriarch as they were known in the olden days). The hybrids would seek out positions of power in the government and military. When their numbers were large enough they would rise up in rebellion. Either they would take the planet or at the very least destabilize it. The oncoming Nid fleets would then show up and devour everyone with ease.
So part of the appeal is that they were an integral part of the background for Nids that has sadly been overlooked. Part of it is getting to play as an army of guard/stealer crossbreeds. And probably a big part of it is that it seems like a big direction change for GW to de-squat an army.

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:04 am

jus wrote:Agree with spevna, I played non competitive games with prim and pike, lost both but they were such a blast to play.

This picture sums it all up for me mate.

A chaos worshipping genestealer cult.

You've got your Magus, purestrain genestealers, genestealer hybrids, a few beastmen, and traitor imperial guards.

Lovely stuff.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:06 am

Nice stuff there :mrgreen:
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Return to “Rumours”