40K - End Times???

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: 40K - End Times???

Post by Primarch » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:29 am

Wait, what? You can get pixies to put stones in your shoes while you sleep? And here's me doing it by hand like a chump. I'll have to add some of those to ny GW order when those Stealer Cultists are released. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:05 am

me_in_japan wrote:Now this, thiiiiis is a rumour, my friends.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/02/ ... -cult.html

Genestealer cults! Genestealer cults!! I squee with excitement!

Won't buy any, mind, cos I need a new army like I need a gang of invisible pixies putting small stones in my shoes every night, but still, squeee!

If they bring back genestealer cults, there is still hope that the squats might make a return.

If they did that, and they did it well, the spevna stance would go flying out the window in all likelyhood.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:51 pm

I read a comment somewhere which said incredulously 'what's wrong with GW, it's like they're finally giving people what they want'. How could they not be aware of the demand for stuff which presses nostalgia buttons like genestealer cults? There are biggish gaps in my knowledge of 40k for sure, but even I know that people have wanted to have that kind of stuff forever. I find it a tad bizarre that it took so long to think of putting putting such no brainer choices out.
@Spev, I would love to see squats too. There is no one that wouldn't love to see them, is there?
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:46 pm

To be fair, the prospect of a harlequin army, or even a solitaire was a damn unlikely prospect a month or so back. Mayhap the times they are a-changin?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:22 am

Lovejoy wrote:I read a comment somewhere which said incredulously 'what's wrong with GW, it's like they're finally giving people what they want'. How could they not be aware of the demand for stuff which presses nostalgia buttons like genestealer cults? There are biggish gaps in my knowledge of 40k for sure, but even I know that people have wanted to have that kind of stuff forever. I find it a tad bizarre that it took so long to think of putting putting such no brainer choices out.
@Spev, I would love to see squats too. There is no one that wouldn't love to see them, is there?
You forgot the first rule of mass media, Elliot! GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT!

Maybe "End of Times" means, "We are not getting any new customers and can only make money off the nostalgia of our current ones before they die of old age." I won't buy anything new, but I could paint up a good 30+ Stealers and my bitz box is brimming with Cult-compatible odds and ends. And some sort of Ad-Mech toys would just fit in nicely with the Squats. Hey, what's this rock doing in my shoe?

@Spev- Never. They will never bring back the Squats. No hope. :cry: And from what I've seen of the recent crop of FB Dwarves, I doubt they'd be all that good even if they did.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:47 am

Adeptus Mechanicus Codex & models (full release)
Genestealer Cult Codex & models (Harelquin sized release)
Deathwatch Codex & models (Harelquin sized release)
Horus Heresy Standalone box game, on sale for a few months, then models become part of 30k range – Mark 4 + Cataphract armors featured, as well as Contemptor
Assassins Standalone box game, on sale for a few months, then models become part of the 40k range.

Also of note: Greater Daemons all complete
Dark Angels later in the year
Tzeentch later in the year
If even a half of this is true, I am going to be sooo broke this year.
However, I have to admit to feeling positive about GW and 40K for the first time in a long time. Mind you, I haven't seen the prices yet. :lol:
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:05 am

Just when I giv up on 40k for good they go an make cool stuff. :mrgreen:
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:25 pm

Admiral-Badruck wrote:Just when I giv up on 40k for good they go an make cool stuff. :mrgreen:
Yep, GW are a cunning bunch of grots alright. :D

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:00 am

Primarch wrote:Genestealer Cult Codex & models (Harelquin sized release)
Having felt pretty 'meh' about 40K for a while now, Genestealer cults is the *only* thing that'd get my interest going....
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:07 am

YellowStreak wrote:
Primarch wrote:Genestealer Cult Codex & models (Harelquin sized release)
Having felt pretty 'meh' about 40K for a while now, Genestealer cults is the *only* thing that'd get my interest going....
That and plastic Sisters?
If you play one of those Unbound lists, you can mix Bugs and Guard right? Or do they have to still abide by that "Come the Apoc" rule?
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Return to “Rumours”