Some flavor of Eldar coming next Sat.

Dekana
Veteran

Re: Some flavor of Eldar coming next Sat.

Post by Dekana » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:57 pm

And here's the latest rumors from BoLS, supposedly from someone who has the codex in hand already.
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/04/ ... lwave.html
Ok. Let’s go.
All Distortion weapons are Strenght D. All of them. But the scythes apply a -1 when rolling on the D table, and the strenght is considered to be 4 when calculating the instant death.
Step by step.
Banshees add +3″ when running or assaulting. They igoner the I penalti when assualting through cover.
There are no “chapter tactics”.

Yes they have:
Primaris: Guide (no changes)
1: Executioner: Focussed witch fire. 24″. Target receives 3 hits, always wounds on 2+. If target diez, another model receives 2 hits. If target dies another gone receives 1 hit.
2: Fatality: You re-roll to wound or to penetrate when firing at target unit. 24″
3: Will of Asuryan: 12″ bubble of Fear and Adamantium will
4: Fortune: As always
5: Mind fight: Mainly the same.
6: Ancestral Storm: Warp charges 3 (5″ blast), Warp charge 4 (Apoc blast), 24″, Haywire, wounds 2+
Names may be different in the English version. (I own the Spanish one).

Wraithknight is LoW (295 points), Jump gargantuan creature
Wraithguard/blades are not tropos anymore if taking a Spiritseer (Only Elites)
Crimson hunter basically the same, but 140 points only.

No changes on Battle focus of the bladestorm rule. No hints on the Iyanden codex

(Wraithknight) Sword + Shield: Free (Sword is Strenght D)
Solar cannon + Shield: Free
(The Wraithknight’s Heavy Wraithcannons) Is the equipment by default.

(Jetbikes) 17/model, every model can purchase one scatter laser or shuriken cannon for +10 points

(Wraithknight Suncannon) Sun (Sorry for the “solar”) remains the same.

(Wave) Serpents are 110 points, and shield is now: S6, Assault 2D6, Ignores cover, One use only.

Shining spears have 4+ cover save if they moved the previous turn. 25/model. Lance is: 6″, F6, Assault 1, Lance. In combat: +3F when charging. Both are AP3.

Wraithblades: Same but 30/model and have Rage.

Hemlock: Same cost, has Lvl 2, can choose Daemonology (Sacred), Telepathy and Battle Runes. D-Scythes are a special D weapon as mentioned above,.

Scorpions: 17/model, Infiltration, Stealth, and Shrouded until they fire or fight in combat
Warp Spiders: 19/model Monofilament rule has changed.They roll to wound against I, although the T is still used to calculate ID.
Hawks: 16/model, they move 18″, and when moving over a Flyer the can do a special attack. Hits on 4+, S4, AP4 Haywire

(Wraithguard) Cost is the same.
(Regards to Autarchs and Swooping Hawk “no scatter”) Basically the same.
(Squadrons of Falcons/Fire Prisms/Night Spinners) YEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Up to three!!!!!!!! And they have special rules if done so:
Falcon: if Deep Strike, first Falcon does not scatter. Others are place at 4″.
Fire Prism: For each additional Fire Prism firing +1S / -1AP
Night Spinners: +1S for each Night spinner
(Serpent Shield) Nop, only 24″ (range)
(Eldar Warhost Detachment) The main bonus of the Warhost is that they always run 6″.
(Serpent Shield Defence) When working as a shield, it works as before.
Falcon can DS only if taken in a unit of 3.

Guardians: Same
Dire avengers: They overwatch with BS2
Avatar is LoW, but mainly the same
I cannot see any psyker being able to get malefic daemonology

Formation rules:
Guardian battlehost: Vypers, Warwalkers and Vaul’s support batteries get preferred enemy if they have a unit of Guardias at 12″. Guardians can purchase a Platform for free.
Windrider host: Once per game all formation gets Shred when firing shuriken weapons
Guardian Stormhost: Vypers, Warwalkers and Vaul’s support batteries get preferred enemy if they have a unit of Guardias at 12″. Storm guardians can purchase 2 special weapons for free.
Seer council: They harness Warp charges with 3+.
Aspect Host: They re-roll LD tests and get +1 to WS or BS.
Dire Avenger Shrine: Once per game, Shuriken weapons are Assault 3. +1 to BS
Crimson Death: Preferred enemy (Flying things), 4+ cover save, and if Jink, may re-roll the cover save.
Wraithhost: Get battle trance, if targe is at 18″ or less from spiritser, reroll to hit

(Warp Spider guns) Why is that? You still have S6. Target needs to have I6 to wound him on 4+.
(Dire Avengers Troops) Yes, they are.

Before leaving I will post the list of special ítems:
– A pistol S4, AP3, Rending
– A sword +2S, AP- Rending and if fighting in a challenge, wounds on 2+ and Instant Death
– One sniper rifle, AP2, 120″
– One ítem that if bearer does not cast any phychic power, or shots during the shooting phase, he can run 48″ and may reroll cover saves.
– One sword +1S, AP3, Soulblaze (affects wounded unit and all enemy units at 6″)
– One ítem that when bearer diez, 5″ template is placed and all models suffer one S4, AP5 hit. If at least, one wound is infflicted, bearer comes back to life, with 1W. One use only
– One ítem that makes psyhic powers required 1 WC less. No inv saves if done so.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Miguelsan
Champion

Post by Miguelsan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:07 am

Wraithcannons were always S10, Prim got confused and posted the stats of the scythes that use template for improved cheese.

I'm not happy at all with the new D weapons if what Dekana posted is true.

M.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:43 am

I have always found Eldar to be one of, if not the toughest army to play against. They move very quickly, bring an incredible level of firepower and their assault units tend to hit like a sledgehammer, albeit a glass one. With rerolls for whatever they like, good armour and plenty of options for psykers, even being T3 isn't always the handicap it is for Dark Eldar or Guard.
Looking over that list below, it looks like most of the changes go in the 'buffs' column, with very few in the 'nerfs' column, the only really significant ones are the LoW change for the WK and the changes to Serpent Shield and Laser Lock for the Wave Serpent.
I feel that Eldar just got significantly better, across the board, even without the D upgrade on certain units. I'm not about to ragequit just yet, as some of the best people I know play Eldar, but I guess I'm going to find those games a lot more difficult.

...at least Banshees look like they may be useful again.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:37 am

The nerd rage across the internets is particularly strong this morning. There are even calls to ban Eldar from all tournaments! This, a week before the codex is available. :lol:

That said, Prim has the right of it when he says there seem to be a lot more 'buffs' than 'nerfs'. However, all the new shineys come at a price. Yeah, scatter lasers for every bike. But they do cost 10 pts a piece extra. And bikes are still susceptible to all the same weapons/tactics as before. Wraithguard now have D weapons across the board. And so they should, they're bloody expensive. With only an 18 inch area of effect, unless you buy them an expensive transport, they are still pretty hard to use effectively. Not to mention, there doesn't seem to be an option to field them as troops anymore.

IMHO I think the changes make the Eldar fit the fluff better. They should be a small elite force with the most devastating weapons technology around, should they not?

P.S. I have around 30 Wraithguard in all their various guises and tons of spare scatter lasers lying around. I think I might just have change my list for Naghammer. Who needs friends anyway? :twisted:
Morituri nolumus mori!

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:42 am

Please note that my 'best people' comment does not necessarily apply to all of the local Eldar players. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Miguelsan
Champion

Post by Miguelsan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:09 am

The Serpent is 5pts cheaper ;)

M.

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:27 am

The D-weapons are strong, no doubt! Lots of people will obviously be attracted to them, especially very competitive people or people who have Iyanden armies naturally, since the D-weapons are mostly used by the wraith constructs.

The scatter lasers on jet bikes will be used responsibly by some and not by others, but as Mike says they can still be hurt and killed by the same weaponry. A pity they didn't increase the cost of the jetbikes a little, or give them the same armour save as the harlequin bikes, a 4+.

But there were some good changes I think. The fact that the Aspect Warriors - looking at you Banshees!:) - were addressed to have more impact in games, is great!

The Wraithknight moving to Lord of War and becoming a gargantuan creature...hmm...well I guess so, but they needed to make it a lot more points. But they want to sell models, so the more people can fit into a list, the more people will buy - well not ALL people of course :) I think one of those monsters is plenty outside of Apoc games.

Anyway, it is what it is, and people will continue to fear Eldar for fear of the what the army is capable of if:

A - People bring a 'spam strong unit' list
B - People bring a good well rounded list and all the dice gods are in their favour on the day, and all the blade storm and battle focus rolls are 6+.

Personally, A has never been a problem around here, only B - and I think B is something we can all live with, no?

Miguelsan
Champion

Post by Miguelsan » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:50 am

My beef with the knight being a LoW is what's the point?

I mean if you use CAD only armies you can only have one and then it's limited to just one, blah, blah, blah... but then CAD armies can also use special formations and in the Eldar upcoming one; guess what? by paying the "Vyper tax" you can have up to 12!!!!!!11111oneoneone :shock: Wraithknights (yeah I know, not enough points but that's another issue) plus it gets to shoot and run in the same turn to boot.

Does anybody in GW playtest this?

M.

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:29 pm

I really hate eldar. :geek:
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:50 pm

@Koji - I'm sorry, but I disagree. You don't need to spam any particular unit in the codex to have an obscene amount of high strength, rending shots or to be able to deal with any other unit on the table with ease. Eldar were always the toughest opponents I faced locally. This new book just made them significantly better.
Admiral-Badruck wrote:I really hate eldar. :geek:
I'm really starting to agree with you.
Phoenix Lords:

Asurmen (220)
4++ (3++ if fighting in a challenge). Gets 1D3 Warlord traits. Sword is +1S, AP2, Mastercrafterd. For each wound take a Ld test. If failed model dies.

Jain Zar (200)
When fighting in a challange, Jain Zar chooses a weapon of is opponent. He may not use this weapon. If done so, Jain Zar has -1A. Enemy models at +6″ get -5 to WS (Mínimum 1). Her sword is AP2, Shred.

Karandras (200)
When arriving from reserves can choose any border. His mandiblaster ignores ALL saves.

Fuegan (220)
He gets +1S and +1A for each lost wound.

Baharroth (170)
When DS all units at 6″ are treated as hit by a weapon with the Blind SR.

Maugan Ra (195)
Can fire his Maugetar twice per turn (That means 8 S6 Rending shots). Maugetar has an alternative profile: Assault 1, S1, Poison 2+. If one model dies, put 5″ marker. All models under the template get a S5 AP4 hit.

On top of that, they have as well the rules listed for their Aspects.

Also I will add that illic night spears weapon has lost distort but always has precision shot and can give that to ranger units he joins.

Dire Avengers: Overwatch at BS2 OR get counter attack and stubborn
Exarch: 4++

Howling banshees: +3″ when running or assaulting. Ignore I penalties when assaulting through difficult terrain. Fear. No Overwatch allowed when Banshees assault
Exarch: Units in CC with the Banshees have -2L

Striking Scorpions: Stealth. Shrouded until the fire or assault.
Exarch: During a challenge compare I values. Exarch gets +1A for each point his I is better tan his oponent.

Fire Dragons: +1 on the vehicle damage chart.
Exarch: Once per turn, may reroll one to hit, to wound or to penetrare roll

Swooping Hawks: If the move over a flier, every modl gets one special attack that hits on 4+, S4, AP4, Haywire. They move 18″
Exarch: His unit does not scatter if DS

Warp Spiders: They may jump during the opponent’s shooting phase. If after the jum, the spiders are out of LoS or reach, firing unit cannot choose another target.
Exarch: His unit reroll all LD tests

Shining Spears: 4+ cover sabe
Exarch: Reroll to wound vs MC and rerolls to penétrate

Dark Reapers: Reroll to hit if target is: Flier, has turboboosted previous turn or moved flat out
Exarch: His weapon fires one more shot tan normally. For example: Heavy 2 becomes Heavy 3
I'm wondering what kind of world the rules writers live in where the idea that 'Fire dragons have a hard time killing tanks' pops into their heads.
Also Warp Spiders....WTF

Looking over the last few books, it appears that GW have changed their design philosophy again. Nids, Grey Knights, Dark Eldar, Necrons. These books all suffered from a toning down of their more interesting characters and wargear. Eldar, long considered the book most in need of toning down instead get largely positive changes to a large number of units. Great timing. :lol:

Return to “Rumours”