More rumour milling

Primarch
Evil Overlord

More rumour milling

Post by Primarch » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:02 pm

The latest batch from Warseer.
This was the first post:
Deep in the void, the cosmic groundhog opened a great eye and peered lazily around.

Across the multiverse a great battle raged, the agile warriors of the snake locking weapons with the mighty silver astartes.

On yet another world, great titans of man trudged across decimated cities of bone. Barbed insects darted around them, more an annoyance than a threat. But in the distance, Shadows hinted at something bigger coming.

Deep within Mars forges, a low rumble began to grow.

As it's gaze met it's warp shadow, it's great eyes slowly closed once more. Perhaps it would yet awaken...
And it sparked a 10 page debate about the meaning until the original author gave this additional information:
Appreciate the debate over my veracity. The reality is I am aware that my rumoring has been hit or miss, just the nature of where in the cycle I hear things and from who. What I will say is that with regard to models, I have a much better track record, with regard to rules, not so great...I hear things way to early to be useful. So I will be trying to avoid that going forward.

I've given you all a day for this.

The groundhog opening and closing it's eyes is merely a reference to the american event and is a nod to the necron delay...however, my sources say there is still a possibility of making 2011. All the void, cosmic, warp, etc. Stuff is to maintain the literary flow of the post.

The silver astartes is the upcoming GK release, but also wave 2 of GK models is likely now going to be 2011 not 2012.

Agile warriors of the snake is a saim hann reference, there are new craft world eldar models being finalized. I can't yet reveal those specifics.

An apocalypse model is being moved forward, this is a xenos release, and if everything goes to plan will be released in late november. With a reveal sometime in august or september. Shadow of something bigger...

Titans of man, is not literal Titans, but large men...astartes and imperium warriors, which are part of the ia11 release. FW should have a reveal for you of additional ia11 models either this week or next week in the newsletter.

The mars reference is two fold, the void dragon is stirring...necrons are coming soon...and there are also some new imperial toys in process. But I can't reveal those just yet either. Maybe in march...

I think that covers it. You might not like it, you might want to stick sharp pointy sticks in my eyes, and I will freely admit I am not a English professor, but it's what I'm willing to give you for now...

cheers.
As usual, all these things are subject to change and the person these rumours came from has been wrong (and right) in the past.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: More rumour milling

Post by Primarch » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:26 pm

This comes from StickMonkey on warseer. He works for GW somewhere down the line and has a Non-Disclosure Agreement with them. He can talk about the things he knows until the NDA goes into effect and then he's forced to keep it quiet. He has been wrong before about what he has seen, but the following is fact not rumour.
I'm posting this in news and rumors only as it's relevant to upcoming releases. I received word yesterday my "blackout" clause of my NDA for 3 upcoming codex armies would go in to effect April 1. (ha, that's what I thought too.)

Those three armies are Tau, Necron, and SoB.

Now the earliest they've ever enacted this on me before has been 6 months out. And the shortest duration has been 2 months out. I have no info telling me A. What order any of these codexes will be released. B. That they will be consistent with that duration. Just thought it may serve as additional evidence for what's on the horizon.
Good news for any Tau, Necron and SoB players. Get saving.

Oh, and Matt Ward has mentioned he's writing the new SoB codex in this month's White Dwarf apparantly. (Still waiting for my copy to be delivered to confirm).
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Rumours”