Mission 1 - Retrieve the Data

Danguinius
Veteran

Re: Mission 1 - Retrieve the Data

Post by Danguinius » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:24 am

So, the "marking" of each objective is tallied at the end of each player`s turn? If that`s the case, then ignore my post above. I was under the impression that the 1st player could mark even all 6 objectives on the top of turn five, then have the second player simply move in and mark 4-6 objectives on the bottom of turn five for the easy win.

Danguinius
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 am

Danguinius wrote:So, the "marking" of each objective is tallied at the end of each player`s turn? If that`s the case, then ignore my post above. I was under the impression that the 1st player could mark even all 6 objectives on the top of turn five, then have the second player simply move in and mark 4-6 objectives on the bottom of turn five for the easy win.

Danguinius
Once an objective is marked, it cant be unmarked. So if you tag all 6 and then your opponent gets all 6 at the end of turn 5 (or earlier) the game will be a draw.
Note that you need to be in base to base contact with the objective and you cant be sitting in a rhino to do it.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:36 am

Now I get it. Thanks for that clarification, Prim. It looks like mobility will be the key in this mission...so I`ll be bringing my Tau!

Danguinius
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:48 am

Danguinius wrote:Now I get it. Thanks for that clarification, Prim. It looks like mobility will be the key in this mission...so I`ll be bringing my Tau!

Danguinius
Ok, just dont forget that whilst you can change lists out for missions, you cant switch armies. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:12 am

a question: can objectives be contested?

eg lone guardsman b2b with objective, locked in combat with 6 genestealers (let's imagine he's a lucky guardsman)

does he get the point for holding the objective?

Essentially, do we need to annhilate a unit in a single turn to avoid it scoring? Cos thats gonna make them terminators damn hard to shift. (ok, i dunno if there are any scoring termi units. probly, somewhere, knowing those sneaky marines...)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:21 am

me_in_japan wrote:a question: can objectives be contested?
No, because you aren't holding them. Try not to think of it in terms of a regular game and more like a game of baseball. The goal is to hit all the objectives (bases) and move on.

You move a scoring unit up to the objective in your turn. If you end the turn with a scoring unit in B2B with the objective, then you mark or tag the objective in some way. Your unit is then free to move away if you wish. You cannot have that objective taken from you. However, the enemy can move up later and also tag the objective. There is no holding and no contesting. You have 5 turns to move scoring units into B2B with all 6 objectives and so does your opponent. If you can keep them away from some objectives whilst you tag more of them then you will win. The only way to keep a unit from tagging an objective is to wipe it out before it reaches the objective or block it in some way.

And Yes, Deathwing Terminators can be scoring, as can Wolf Guard Terminators. The first requires a special character of 130 points, the second a character of 275 points, so dont expect many scoring Wolf Guard. Grey Knight Terminators are also troops.

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:25 pm

Terminators do not move that fast.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:49 pm

You move a scoring unit up to the objective in your turn. If you end the turn with a scoring unit in B2B with the objective, then you mark or tag the objective in some way.
Your (player) turn or game turn?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:00 pm

me_in_japan wrote:
You move a scoring unit up to the objective in your turn. If you end the turn with a scoring unit in B2B with the objective, then you mark or tag the objective in some way.
Your (player) turn or game turn?
Player turn

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:04 am

Prim,

It might be a silly question, but better to address it now than when it actually happens. What if Team A paints four objectives and Team B paints all six objectives, but is wiped out completely. Such a scenario could happen. Does Team B win? They accomplsihed the mission.

Danguinius

Return to “Tournament Rules and Missions”