Mission 2 - Duel

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Mission 2 - Duel

Post by Primarch » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:54 am

@Koji - Range and terrain, hopefully.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:19 am

Primarch wrote:@Koji - Range and terrain, hopefully.
Well, it looks like we are all in the same boat, we just have different paddles and obstacles in our way :) Though I would say that if two space marine HQs were fighting, their respective armies would probably let them duke it out, for honour's sake.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:37 am

I think we can all agree that the Duel is the most contentious, potentially cheesemongering, and experimental scenario of the set. Luck of the draw might match you up with opponents you have no chance of beating or who have no chance of beating you. You can win or lose big on the first turn.
I think we all should take the Duel Pledge. "I (insert avatar here) do solemly swear to use any and all nasty, sneaky, underhanded and unexpected tricks and tactics to mercilessly snuff out the enemy commander as quickly and unfairly as possible.
I furthermore pledge to suck it up and take it like a man if my tricks and tactics don't work and I get tabled turn 2.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:42 am

"I Kojibear - Chapter Master of the Desert Scorpions - do solemly swear to use any and all nasty, sneaky, underhanded and unexpected tricks and tactics to mercilessly snuff out the enemy commander as quickly and unfairly as possible.
I furthermore pledge to suck it up and take it like a man if my tricks and tactics don't work and I get tabled turn 2." :D

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:04 am

I, Danguinius of the Blood Angels, swear to fight with honor and courage on the field of battle. I will meet my enemies face to face and slay them in the name of the Emperor of Mankind. I will show them that humanity will be the guiding light of the universe and that the Emperor will be that light!

[ACTIVATES COM BEAD IN EAR] Devastator teams alpha and sigma, you are clear to light them up from your hiding posistions.

Danguinius
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:16 am

. "I (Admiral Badruck *crosses fingers be hind his back*) do solemly swear to use any and all nasty, sneaky, underhanded and unexpected tricks and tactics to mercilessly snuff out the enemy commander as quickly and unfairly as possible.
I furthermore pledge to suck it up and take it like an ORK if my tricks and tactics don't work and I get tabled turn 2.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:25 am

I-in-Japan, Archon of the Cabal of the Gimpy Knee, do solemly swear to use any and all nasty, sneaky, underhanded and...

...hang on a sec. um - dark eldar player here. I have to make this pledge? I thought it went without saying. It's practically the Page 5 of Dark Eldar... :roll:

oh aye, and

I furthermore pledge to suck it up and take it like a man if my tricks and tactics don't work and I get tabled turn 2.

not that that's likely to happen, given the primitive nature of the opposition. :lol: :lol: :lol:
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Miguelsan
Champion

Post by Miguelsan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:52 pm

Silly question but one previous post threw me off track. 1 mandatory HQ +1 extra HQ per player, add all the same side HQs for who goes 1st?

M.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:11 pm

Miguelsan wrote:Silly question but one previous post threw me off track. 1 mandatory HQ +1 extra HQ per player, add all the same side HQs for who goes 1st?

M.
1 Mandatory HQ per player. Total points of both choices decides 1st turn.
Yep. :D Thats it exactly.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:05 am

Primarch wrote:
Miguelsan wrote:Silly question but one previous post threw me off track. 1 mandatory HQ +1 extra HQ per player, add all the same side HQs for who goes 1st?

M.
1 Mandatory HQ per player. Total points of both choices decides 1st turn.
Yep. :D Thats it exactly.
Sorry, but... So can u have a max of 2 HQ per player but their combined total counts towards who goes first?

Return to “Tournament Rules and Missions”