Mission 2 - Duel

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Mission 2 - Duel

Post by Primarch » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:24 am

Danguinius wrote:Prim,

Can I get aclarification on this phrase from the set-up instructions:
They then deploy the rest of their army within 6" of their table edge.

Does this mean both armies have to set up everything (besides their WQs) in their deployment zone? They cannot elect to keep things in reserve? Or, only things that must begin the game in reserve begin in reserve?

Danguinius
Normal deployment rules, just a narrower area. So you can start with everything EXCEPT your HQ reserved.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:10 am

ye gads! Thank the lor' I was re-reading the rules. I have A QUESTION...
The HQ can only be purchased from one unit entry and may only consist of a single model except where it may buy extra models as wargear
just a frickinfrackinminute here folks - Dark Eldar really, really need haemunculi. Which come in groups of 3. You saying I cant take haemos? One haemo is not very useful. Theyre there to give multiple units pain tokens, which the units need to be not completely useless. the entire army mechanic revolves around this. Im not suggesting 3 haemos shouldbe set up at the start - only the most expensive one would, but damn dudes, if this rule stays the dark eldar are bollixed from the get go.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:12 am

@M_i_J

You don't half over-react sometimes you know. :D
Disney wrote:Dumbo! C'mon, fly! Open them ears! The magic feather was just a gag! You can fly! Honest, you can!
Having just lost a game to MtP a couple of weeks ago in which he used no Haemonculi, it is entirely possible for Dark Eldar to get by without them. Yes, they are useful to have in your army, but they are by no means essential. I understand why you would like to have the option to take multiples of them, the extra pain tokens at the start of the game are pretty useful. However, in the interest of preventing any "Well you cut DE a break, so why cant I take a bodyguard for my Tau commander/extra advisors for my IG/A fully tooled up squad in Vect's Dias?" style complaints, I am going to say, No, you cannot take multiple Haemonculi. You may of course take 1 as it is still an HQ choice, but no extras. Sorry, but it prevents a lot of headaches at my end and for your opponents who dont have that option.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:09 am

Prim has a fair point.

Last I checked, DE have some pretty awesome HQs. True they don't add pain tokens to benefit the army. You may have to put ur thinking cap on MIJ and find another way to kill everyone.

Imperial guard on the other hand may not have a huge choice though. I reckon they are in a worse situation. SPLAT!! So at least u ain't them.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:56 pm

it is entirely possible for Dark Eldar to get by without them.
well, I'll be done seen 'bout ev'than, when I see an elephant flyhaiiiiiiiiiii (whachu say boy?) I say when I see an elephant flyaiaiaiiiiiiiiiiii
You don't half over-react sometimes you know. :D
guilty as charged :D
You may have to put ur thinking cap on MIJ
but I lost my thinking cap! I want my no-brainer auto-win uber unit! bwaaaaaah! no fair!

ps :D :D :D

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:08 pm

me_in_japan wrote:
You may have to put ur thinking cap on MIJ
but I lost my thinking cap! I want my no-brainer auto-win uber unit! bwaaaaaah! no fair!

ps :D :D :D
Get in line dude. I have been wanting Prim to give me 250 extra points, but some how I don't think he'll go for it :lol:

I also doubt u ever stop thinking. I am sure ur noggin is ticking even when u are asleep.

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Tue May 01, 2012 4:53 am

Is it just me or are Dark Eldar Archons far too cheap. They are basically guaranteed first turn. Not wanting to to give tactics away, but in reckon Team D.E.A.D have a distinct advantage in this one.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue May 01, 2012 5:02 am

Dungeon Lord wrote:Is it just me or are Dark Eldar Archons far too cheap. They are basically guaranteed first turn. Not wanting to to give tactics away, but in reckon Team D.E.A.D have a distinct advantage in this one.
Same as an Ork Warboss.
IG can have a 50 point HQ and orks can take Big Meks for 35 points.

But yeah, Archons are pretty cheap. :D Luckily they are also pretty squishy too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Tue May 01, 2012 5:16 am

IG don't count. They are big girl blouses. But I guess u have a point with warbosses.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue May 01, 2012 6:13 am

I already did the maths on this one. There are about 3 factions who don't get cheaper HQ than dark eldar. (counting "space marines" as one faction.) So, in fact, dark eldar are at a disadvantage in this mission, as our HQ units are both squishy and comparatively expensive. :D

Return to “Tournament Rules and Missions”