Cutlass by Gav Thorpe

Spevna

Re: Cutlass by Gav Thorpe

Post by Spevna » Tue May 31, 2011 10:35 pm

Primarch wrote:
Admiral-Badruck wrote:all of the models look great but is there any way to just use converted models that one already has..I do not see myself getting too many games of this in... it looks great though I hope I can find time to play it... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
@Badruck: Sure, so long as they look piratical and are carrying pirate like weapons (muskets and wheel-lock pistols rather than sluggas and shootas :D ).

@All:
The Races/Factions in Cutlass are:
Pirates, Privateers, Navy, Elves, Dwarves, Orcs (and gobbos), Undead.

GW's Mordheim humans come with some piratey looking stuff on the sprue, as does the very similar Empire Militia box.

If people want to convert their own pirate crew thats fine (the Privateers above are still up for grabs BTW), but please dont just use proxies. You can play with a handful of Space Marines if you want, but you can find your own terrain and your own table to play on. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Pirate minis for pirate games!!!!!!

Tircorns or bust!!
http://www.frothersunite.com/files/wk/s ... irates.htm

The above link is a list of pirate miniature makers.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

ennui
Veteran

Post by ennui » Tue May 31, 2011 11:02 pm

Primarch wrote:
If people want to convert their own pirate crew thats fine (the Privateers above are still up for grabs BTW), but please dont just use proxies. You can play with a handful of Space Marines if you want, but you can find your own terrain and your own table to play on. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Then it looks like I'm out. Have fun guys!

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue May 31, 2011 11:06 pm

ennui wrote:
Primarch wrote:
Then it looks like I'm out. Have fun guys!
Because you wanted to use Space Marines?
Wait... do you even HAVE Space Marines????

Lets amend that too:
Please dont use inappropriate proxies. Your models dont necessarily have to have an eyepatch and a hook for a hand, but stuff like power armour, riding on a dragon and missile launchers are definite no-no's.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Seb
Champion

Post by Seb » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:46 am

@Prim
Maybe that was directed at me? Well I wouldnt use Space Marines as Pirates, at least not before giving them bionic legs. :D

@ All
I just ordered a model for Strange Aeons at Full Metal Planet. And I discovered that in their sales section they now have the Black Scorpion models for this game at a discounted price. You can even get a cannon for your crew, rarrgh!

They seem to have 4 crews available, only the crews without the captain available at discounted price. Also there is only one of each so limited amounts.

http://fullmetalplanet.biz/shop/sale/sale.html
(Click on the Sales logo and then go to the 3rd page, products listed under Black Scorpion)

The crews are all 1,570 Yen and the cannon is 1,800 this is a 30% discount from the original price, but the good thing is that they do COD so if you dont have a credit card this is an easy way of getting yourself some piratey models.

Cheers
Last edited by Seb on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:56 am

Seb wrote:@Prim maybe that was directed at me? Well I wouldnt use Space Marines as Pirates, at least not before giving them bionic legs. :D

@ All, I just ordered a model for Strange Aeons at Full Metal Planet. And I discovered that in their sales section they now have the Black Scorpion models for this game at a discounted price. You can even get a cannon for your crew, rarrgh!
They seem to have 4 crews available, only the crews without the captain and a cannon available at discounted price.
The crews are all 1,570 Yen and the cannon is 1,800 but the good thing is that they do COD so if you dont have a credit card this is an easy way of getting yourself some models.
@Seb - no, it wasn't aimed at you particularly.

FMP have had those models in the sales section for ages and whilst they ARE discounted, they are discounted from an even higher price.
FMP are selling 4 models for 1570 yen. I'm selling 9 for 2500 yen. 4 models would be 1050 yen.
Likewise, the cannon from FMP is 1800, but if I get some it should be closer to around 1200 yen. I dont charge a COD fee either and you also wont need a credit card. :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously, I am getting the models from the manufacturer with free postage and passing them on at cost. Whilst Taka@FMP is a great guy to deal with, he is running a shop and trying to turn a profit out of it. And I'm sure the exchange rates have changed a lot since he got those models in stock.

Starting crews cannot get cannons either.
:D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Seb
Champion

Post by Seb » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:02 am

Ah, ok it might be a worse deal then.
I guess the only advantage would be that if you wanted some piratey lasses that already have been taken, you can get some there even if its just 4 models.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:11 am

Seb wrote:Ah, ok it might be a worse deal then.
I guess the only advantage would be that if you wanted some piratey lasses that already have been taken, you can get some there even if its just 4 models.
It is a worse deal then. Higher price + postage costs + COD fee. Though the shipping will be faster.
If anyone wants any other figures ordering, I will order them from the UK. People can check out the range here for fantasy pirates and here for human pirates.

When I sent my money home I got an exchange rate of just under 140yen to the pound, so multiply the cost of the models by 140 and you'll get a rough idea of the cost.
I will probably place an order AFTER the June Joshin game.

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:17 pm

Love him or hate him (non-CSM players or CSM players),
Yes, I fall into the latter category. I hate him with righteous fury leaving us a depleted and boring codex in a new era of increased variation in 40k.

Now that I see fairly good looking Dwarf pirates, I may play this game. I could add them to my Warhammer troop as a rank of seafarin' stunties.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:28 pm

Let me know when they make a cannibal native islander faction and I'm in!
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:37 am

Konrad wrote:Let me know when they make a cannibal native islander faction and I'm in!
Actually I posted this just the other day in the Historical Games section:

They should do you for cannibals. You'd have to borrow the rules from a different faction, but its do-able.
job wrote:
Love him or hate him (non-CSM players or CSM players),
Yes, I fall into the latter category. I hate him with righteous fury leaving us a depleted and boring codex in a new era of increased variation in 40k.
Alessio Cavatore (his boss at the time) has gone on record to state that Gav was just following his instructions. (Those being "Simple, simple, simple") It's not all his fault :lol: :lol: :lol:
job wrote:Now that I see fairly good looking Dwarf pirates, I may play this game. I could add them to my Warhammer troop as a rank of seafarin' stunties.
All of the dwarf models I had have been spoken for already, but if you're interested you could use your GW models for the June game and if you like them I will order some more from Black Scorpion for you.

Return to “Cutlass”