This is how rumours start...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

This is how rumours start...

Post by Primarch » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:14 pm

Due to my secret inside sources (or just something in an email I read), it looks like the Albion Triumphant Part 1 - The Peninsular Campaign expansion for Black Powder will be released sometime soon. The book should cover proper lists for British, Mid-Late War French in the near future. Consider me as giddy as a school girl who just found out that a book of Napoleonic army lists and background is being released. :lol:
Similarly, the Roman Army starter box will be coming out in a month or so having been sold out from the last run. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Re: This is how rumours start...

Post by Mike the Pike » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:08 pm

Ummm, couldn't you just google (try: Nafziger Collection) the various battles involved instead. Orders of Battles and Unit Strengths are pretty well documented.

IMHO Besides the eye candy, I'm not sure what use a source book would actually be. It's not like FOW where different units had different weapons and different times and places.

Just sayin'...
Morituri nolumus mori!

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: This is how rumours start...

Post by Primarch » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:12 pm

Mike the Pike wrote:Ummm, couldn't you just google (try: Nafziger Collection) the various battles involved instead. Orders of Battles and Unit Strengths are pretty well documented.

IMHO Besides the eye candy, I'm not sure what use a source book would actually be. It's not like FOW where different units had different weapons and different times and places.

Just sayin'...
I prefer www.britishbattles.com, though sadly neither that site nor Nafziger Collection give any suggestions for rules for Black Powder. :lol: Whilst I could get OoBs from all over the internet, buying the book saves me the hassle of doing research that someone else has already done and printing it out on A4 copier paper instead of a nicely bound book.

Anyway, eye candy is more than enough reason for me to buy the book. :lol:

BTW you could just do your own research and make your own lists for FoW, it's not like the guys at BF will have done anything that you, google and a large amount of free time couldn't do by yourself. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Black Powder and Hail Caesar”