The battle for the hills of Carthage

ashmie
Wargod

The battle for the hills of Carthage

Post by ashmie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:29 pm

The Battle for the Hills of Carthage 1/72 scale (20mm?)
Brighton Dice Saloon

Carthage was the centre or capital city of the ancient Carthaginian civilization, on the eastern side of the Lake of Tunis in what is now the Tunis Governorate in Tunisia.

The city developed from a Phoenician colony into the capital of an empire dominating the Mediterranean during the first millennium BC.[1] The apocryphal queen Dido is regarded as the founder of the city, though her historicity has been questioned. According to accounts by Timaeus of Tauromenium, she purchased from a local tribe the amount of land that could be covered by an oxhide. Cutting the skin into strips, she laid out her claim and founded an empire that would become, through the Punic Wars, the only existential threat to the Roman Empire until the coming of the Vandals several centuries later.[2]

The ancient city was destroyed by the Roman Republic in the Third Punic War in 146 BC then re-developed as Roman Carthage, which became the major city of the Roman Empire in the province of Africa. The Roman city was again occupied by the Muslim conquest of the Maghreb, in 698. The site remained uninhabited, the regional power shifting to the Medina of Tunis in the medieval period, until the early 20th century, when it began to develop into a coastal suburb of Tunis, incorporated as Carthage municipality in 1919.

6 victory points to 0. I was thrashed by Carthage. I played Gauls.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: The battle for the hills of Carthage

Post by Primarch » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:02 pm

Those Carthaginians don't mess about, do they. ;)
Better call in Asterix and Obelix for your rematch, they'll set things right. :D

Nice looking bunch of minis on the table. Are those the 1/72 figures you were talking about before?
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:23 am

noice! As you know, historicals isnt my thing, but a table full of minis all ranked up is a fine looking thing, no doubt. Glad to see you're managing to get in some gaming, Ash-san :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:11 pm

Looks like a great deal of fun. I like your mate's boxes o minis and the Gloy dice. All the trappings of a chill time.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:24 pm

Thanks guys, yeah it was good fun. I never get tired of Hail Caesar and Black Powder rules. They are so easy and flexible. Yes Prim they are indeed 1/72 scale which is about 20mm I think.
I've got some Persians somewhere and my buddy is going to buy some Elephants for his Cathaginians next month :lol:
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Return to “Black Powder and Hail Caesar”