Rising Sun

Colonel Voss

Rising Sun

Post by Colonel Voss » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:19 am

So I have also been busy looking at the rising sun and the new atlantik wall. While Atlantik Wall is a remake (well done too BTW), Rising Sun is new and really adds something new to early war.

The Japanese doctrines overall are very different and really make them play very uniquely. It may come down to having to destroy every last model on the board. Overall, I like the direction and I hope they will do a china supplement which would make me think of doing Japan.

The Soviet army really got some interesting new rules. Rifle Battalions (not other units) that can come back on on a 4+ roll. Their tank forces are interesting too really making Barbarossa look all that much more interesting. You won't be seeing the massive hordes of tanks as the point cost seems to suite the 9-10 range best. The heavy T-35 is interesting as it won't win many battles for you, but boy will it have your opponent gnashing their teeth in its refusal to die or cease firing. Artillery is a huge variety not seen in mid or late war from the 1903 guns to modern heavy guns. It makes you feel like you can take some artillery and not have to worry if you don't hit so badly.

Finland also has a variety of stuff not usually seen. Again, it looks interesting a very different from the mid and late war army. It even introduces a special character who racked up 505 sniping kills plus 200 more submachine gun kills. Talk about an impressive sniper.
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

Return to “Flames of War”