Hordes Starter Box

Discussion for anything related to Hordes, Warmachine or any Privateer Press games.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Hordes Starter Box

Post by Primarch » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:27 pm

For those of you who like big gribbly beasts and werewolves over great big stomping robots (strange folk that you are), PP has finally announced a 2 player starter set for Hordes.
Details can be found here, but essentially you get the Circle and Legion starter sets, 5 Skinwalkers for Circle and 5 Blighted Ogrun for Legion, along with a mini sized rulebook. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Danguinius
Veteran

Re: Hordes Starter Box

Post by Danguinius » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:35 pm

People have been waiting for this. The price is fantastically good; two armies for the cost of a Land Raider. It`s an amazing deal - just like the WarMachine box. I don`t play Circle or Legion, but I`m still getting this. The mini-rulebook (which is also full color) is invaluable. I`m sure the local Circle player will take the Circle models off my hands - especially the Skin Wolves (which are infinitely cheaper here than in metal form). As for the Legion stuff, I may paint it up as a second army to teach noobs with.

Danguinius
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

jus

Post by jus » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:17 am

Wait wait wait, did they say plastic?

DONT TEMPT ME FRODO!

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:56 am

If it`s like the WarMachine box set, then all of the contents are plastic (including heavy infantry). I must also fight the urge...it would be cool to make an all blighted ogrun army: blighted ogrun, war spears, chieftan, Thagrosh1 or 2 and some big beasts like Carnivean and Scythean....rounded off by Shredders.

Danguinius
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:50 pm

Great stuff. Portable rulebooks are always a plus. I used to get the big 40K but starting 5th edition, compact is way better for transport.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:53 pm

Dungeon Lord wrote:Great stuff. Portable rulebooks are always a plus. I used to get the big 40K but starting 5th edition, compact is way better for transport.
I haven't touched my Warmachine Rulebook since I got the pocket sized version from the starter box. My 5th ed. 40K rulebook is currently supporting a pile of boxes I belive. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:08 am

I practically stole my WarMachine mini-rulebook; right when the WM box set came out, the Warstore was selling them for like $10 and I snatched that up fast as lightning. :D

Even though I don`t play Legion or Circle, I`ll but the Hordes box set just for the mini-rulebook (and sell/trade the minis) because I know I won`t find a good deal this time (like I did with the WM mini-rulebook).

Danguinius

Return to “Hordes/Warmachine - ホードとウォーマシーン”