Campaign war stories (renamed)

Discussion for anything related to Hordes, Warmachine or any Privateer Press games.
Danguinius
Veteran

Re: Campaign war stories (renamed)

Post by Danguinius » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:47 pm

Yeah, almost the whole middle of the map is blue now; I`m happy I could help The Swans conquer a quarter of the continent...

....but "Troll-time" is approaching. Weapon masters, tough, guys who can smash face in close combat, 2 initial attacks + grab & smash + buying FIVE extra attacks for the Dire Troll Mauler for an ultra-beatdown, spells and abilities that actually increase damage output....these are all things that Trolls have and Cygnar doesn`t. I`m looking forward to these changes. Though, who knows? Two months later I might really miss: hittting relieably at range, Arcane Shield, Temporal Barrier, devastating feats, the Stormwall, eCaine assassinating my opponent`s caster from 18" away (all things that Cygnar has but Trollbloods don`t). :lol:

Danguinius
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:43 am

@ Danguinius - We will be here to welcome you back into the fold when you return. You may have to take a bath though after spending so long with the unclean ones.

Your Trollbloods are well-placed to rip the heart out of the Cygnar kingdom though. Smack bang in the middle... :oops: Be gentle :oops:

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:01 am

In case some of the campaigners out there missed today's update. There has been movement on the map. Nothing good for Retribution and Cryx I'm afraid. But a small Skorn force has marched forth from their desert recesses.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:33 pm

:( there is never anything good for cryx in this campaign. I aim to rectify that, come Winter Blitz, btw *Mij sharpens pointy teeth, fingers and shoulder pads spikes meaningfully... * :twisted:
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:41 pm

Eek! Run for the hills :o :o

Gannon
Rookie

Post by Gannon » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:57 pm

Dungeon Lord wrote:Eek! Run for the hills :o :o
"...Run for your lives..." an appropriate song for Cryx, I believe.

[Iron Maiden] should you not get the connection. :twisted:
Play like you got a Pair!!

Dungeon Lord
Legend

UPDATE!

Post by Dungeon Lord » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:55 pm

The war grinds on! With each passing battle, bonds between man and machine, master and the mastered form. The tempered minds and skills of the survivors bring new abilities that make each veteran a force to be reckoned with. So as some forces reach the edge of existence a final spark of defiance ignites, while other forces blaze a bloody trial seeking the dominance of lesser civilizations.

For the next two months of the campaign (March and April) Warcasters and Warlocks MAY use the rules found in Appendix B page 247 to 249 of Prime MKII and the equivalent rules for Hordes, with the following adjustments and clarifications. Only one Warjack (not including named/character Warjacks) may be bonded to each Warcaster. This bond is formed automatically so that both players have access to cool enhancements each game and is rolled for randomly.

Bonds cannot be discarded/broken voluntarily. They can only be broken by the assassination of the warcaster or the destruction of the bonded Warjack. Once a bond is broken a new bond may be rolled for next game.

These rules are voluntary, so players do not have to feel required to use them if they don't want to. If they do, players are encouraged to name their bonded warjack.

NOTE: I don't have the Hordes rulebook, but I am assuming they have the same rules. So please use the same base guidelines for Horde factions too. HAPPY GAMING!

Return to “Hordes/Warmachine - ホードとウォーマシーン”