Wrath Spoilers

Discussion for anything related to Hordes, Warmachine or any Privateer Press games.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Wrath Spoilers

Post by Primarch » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:48 pm

Danguinius wrote: Well, I think Black Ivan has some appeal, but will compete for playing time unless your caster is The Iron Wolf. Torch, on the other hand, is just stupid good. Danguinius
Really? I wasn't that taken with Torch. The MAT 7 is nice, but the flame thrower is useless vs most jacks and 'jacks should be its main target with that Rip Saw.
Black Ivan on the other hand will be getting plenty of play time as I bought Iron Wolf. I'm thinking Widowmakers + solo, winter guard mortars and lots of AOE style 'jacks to make use of Broadside and his upkeeps.
I was very impressed with Demolisher. ARM 25 'Jack anyone? (No, I'm not joking and Yes, that is the basic Arm).
The Kayazy will no doubt make it into a list. Those guys are awesome. Put them with Strakhov and they'll be up in the enemy caster's face before you can say "But aren't Khador the slow faction?" :D

I guess I should start looking at everyone else's new toys as well.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

ennui
Veteran

Post by ennui » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:56 pm

I'm thinking about proxying some stuff, if people don't mind. I'd like to try out the new warcaster, and see how he goes with his bonded mech. It'd be nice to have some myrmidons that dont fold after taking a hit, so we'll see how our new jacks go...

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:12 pm

hum. Looks like I may have to get Wrath after all, if only to keep up with everyone else.

And what the hell were they thinking? arm 25 jacks! yeesh :roll:
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:10 pm

Back to Torch, I think there`s two things that will make it shine on the table:

1. It has two immunities (fire and corrosion). Depending on your meta, this could have a huge impact against Cryx and Menoth opponents.

2. Everyone knows that Khadow jacks are nearly impossible to destroy, but they are easy to tie up. Simply running one longgunner (or any other disposable hero) into melee each turn can shut them down. But Torch`s flamethrower can prevent this. It even has Gunfighter, right?

Danguinius
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

jus

Post by jus » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:01 am

ARM 25 jacks? good grief!

hmm these expansions really make you want to branch out to different factions. Does everyone think Cgynar is still the most boned out of the wrath book?

what about constance blaize plus her character jack plus precusors plus runewood combo?

I haven't got the book yet, but will sort that out soon I hope.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:37 am

Danguinius wrote:1. It has two immunities (fire and corrosion). Depending on your meta, this could have a huge impact against Cryx and Menoth opponents.

2. Everyone knows that Khadow jacks are nearly impossible to destroy, but they are easy to tie up. Simply running one longgunner (or any other disposable hero) into melee each turn can shut them down. But Torch`s flamethrower can prevent this. It even has Gunfighter, right?
1. I havent had much trouble with either to be honest. The local players dont make a lot of use out of special damage types.

2. Wow, no-one around here plays like that. Generally they run their soft squishy units away from my 'jacks. (So stop giving them ideas). :lol: :lol:
me_in_japan wrote:And what the hell were they thinking? arm 25 jacks! yeesh :roll:
It's arm drops to 17 on the turn it attacks, so basically its all but invulnerable until it gets into range, at which point it becomes the easiest Khadoran 'jack to damage.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:20 am

...which basically means: don`t even try to shoot it and hope you can survive the first turn of close combat with it so that you can retaliate against it`s "softer" 17ARM. This `jack would also be good for getting around tying-up-with-infantry strategies since it can safely leave combat (with 25ARM) and move onto it real target...except that it`s Movement is probably only 4".

Danguinius
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:43 am

About Cygnar:
This list would probably be pretty good under Constance`s Tier 4 list (I don`t have the book with me now, so I can`t give the specifics, but...)
Connie
Gallant
6 Precursers + UA
6 Precursers
6 Sword Knights
Runewood
Harlan Versch
This list would give you nearly all Morrowan models (for theme), lots of infantry to benefit from Connie`s FEAT and abilities...she doesn`t need an arc node since her offensive spell is not so useful...she also doesn`t do much to support `jacks, so I think Gallant is sufficient.

Cygnar is only boned in regards to Triumph really. Jonas Murdoch is the best of the Ranking officers (but I don`t run any Merc units). Runewoord is great if you have Sword Knights, and still good if you don`t (he grants Pathfinder, which we needed...and [drumroll] he`s Cygnar`s first weapon master!!!!!!!!!!!). Connie is good as long as you run a list similar to what I typed out above (infantry heavy), but I don`t have any precursors, so I probably won`t be getting her. As I said ealier, Avenger will probably be pretty good (and odd mixing of the Defender and the Ironclad) and the Minuteman will become our best light warjack. The Minuteman will become the most annoying model in the game when run with Kraye (my favorite warcaster...hee, hee, hee). So, all-in-all, I wouldn`t say "Cygnar is boned", but we didn`t get as many universally good models (i.e. will work well with any caster) as some of the other factions.

Danguinius

jus

Post by jus » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:57 am

hmm cool cool.

I think I'm going to give constance's tier list a go. I actually have the models for precursor knights (score!) wouldn't mind getting the rest of the models (always wanted the sword knights) and gallant looks kind of neat.

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:06 am

Well Jus, I bet that army would look great on the table-top. Other than Gallant, it would look a lot like a Brettonian army! I know Precursers can rock with their Unit Attachment`s mini-FEAT. If you plan it right, you should be able to clear all of your opponent`s infantry out in one turn with Connie`s FEAT (just remember to keep your Sword Knights in pairs to take advantage of their natural ARM bonus), which would lead to a lot of gang-piling the enemy caster for the win.

I`ve heard Connie is a pretty brutal model to paint though...

I`m looking forward to running 1-2 Minutemen with Kraye: 11" charge with Kraye`s FEAT + 5" jump + 5" light cavalry move! He`ll be able to get just about anywhere on the battlefield.

My only let-down from Wrath (from a Cygnar perspective) was no Ranger light cavalry to fit in Kraye`s theme force. Oh well, next time.

For now, we can look forward to the Avenger and Minuteman being released...and then Domination for Hordes!

Danguinius

Return to “Hordes/Warmachine - ホードとウォーマシーン”