Campaign Draft

Discussion for anything related to Hordes, Warmachine or any Privateer Press games.
Danguinius
Veteran

Re: Campaign Draft

Post by Danguinius » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:53 am

Yes,we make a schedule so that we don`t stand around wasting time...we also prepare lists before we meet and determine our match-ups (casters) randomly. We are all busy and can only wargame once or twice a month; so why waste time on your precious "wargaming day" arranging match-ups?
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:03 am

The Swans score another "victory"! I got another game in last night after work. It helps that I have another wargamer in my town. We did a 50 point pHaley (Cygnar) vs. pDenny (Cryx) battle with modified Mosh Pit rules (2 control points) and an 80 minute Deathclock. All of my stuff died except Thorn, the Stormwall (who only had 7 boxes left), The Squire, and my Sword Knight Officer (who went insane and took on a whole unit of Bane Thralls by himself basically - he slew the Bane Thrall Officer), Archduke Runewood who slew Bane Lord Tartar Sauce in one-on-one combat. Since I had so few models, my Deathclocked turns were pretty short, and his infantry-filled turns were quite long. If he`s had 5 more minutes, he would have had me: Haley was hurt, with Crippling Grasp on her and nowhere to hide....and Denny was stealthy and hiding behind a cottage. But, alas Cygnar pulls out the pyrric victory! Fight on Cygnar! :D

Danguinius

P.S. Originally, when we rolled for our casters, I rolled eCaine again! But, half of the models on that list ignore stealth and have high RAT, so it`s like the perfect counter for pDenny. And, the Cryx player was still smarting about eCaine`s assassination of pGaspy a few weeks ago. :mrgreen:
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:36 am

Danguinius wrote:Actually, Lich Lords (and Iron Liches) CAN die. There are several examples in the fluff. Actually Major Haley and Captain Kraye kill a Lich Lord in the Cygnar Forces book.

Danguinius
Yep. I read that too. It just ain't as easy as killing a mortal human. Although, warcasters do seem to escape death regularly :lol:

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:40 am

Danguinius wrote:Yes,we make a schedule so that we don`t stand around wasting time...we also prepare lists before we meet and determine our match-ups (casters) randomly. We are all busy and can only wargame once or twice a month; so why waste time on your precious "wargaming day" arranging match-ups?
Can't argue with that. I like to get at least two games in on my gaming day. It is a good balance between gaming and chillin' for me.

Gannon
Rookie

Post by Gannon » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:21 am

Ok guys, I'll jump in on this one. I'm running a Journeyman League down here in Iwakuni, and we just had our first league day on this past Saturday. I'll run it though with my guys/gals but so far we have:

2 Khador
1 Circle
1 Legion
1 Skorne
1 Trollbloods
1 Retribution
1 Protectorate
1 Cryx
1 Cygnar (myself)

Games will go up to 35 points over a 2.5 month period. Our league is extended due to our location and no LGS. I'll report in my games over this past weekend (for those that can count) in the appropriate thread and alert the other players to do the same should they feel the need.

Week 2 is this coming Saturday, points are increased from battle box to 15, with all battle box contents required.

Happy Hunting!
Play like you got a Pair!!

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:10 am

Hi Gannon,
Thanks for joining in on the campaign. Happy to have you!
Looks like you have a great variety of factions. I read your first reports. Very entertaining.

Return to “Hordes/Warmachine - ホードとウォーマシーン”