Campaign war stories (renamed)

Discussion for anything related to Hordes, Warmachine or any Privateer Press games.
Dungeon Lord
Legend

Re: Campaign war stories (renamed)

Post by Dungeon Lord » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:22 am

@ Danguinius: I will be playing Cryx this Sunday hopefully too. Not sure how it will go though. We have been one for one each time we match up. Should be fun though.

I will also get another game with either The Protectorate or Khador.

I agree. A civil war would undermine everything they have worked for! King Leto has to maintain the peace a little longer.

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:32 pm

As a continuation of my Khador vs Cygnar game, we did play this one out Just to see what would have happened. In the end Kraye got a hit with his pursuit spell and drew out the butcher to claim the two object areas at either end of the board. I did kill his little pup though :D Pretty rare that it ended with actually achieving the objective :!:

That pursuit spell really needs to be renamed to "I'm getting the hell out of here!". But I guess that is a little long... :lol: :lol: I mean, there can't be many times when you will actually want to pursue after getting within 8" of most enemies of Cygnar... :roll:

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:47 pm

That Pursuit spell is really good. So long as you upkeep it, it never expires and it allows you to move any model in your battlegroup, meaning that it is very hard to get into combat, especially when the 'jack has parry to prevent backstrikes. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:19 pm

Dungeonlord, thanks for posting the results of our Cygnar/Menoth game today. For the record, my warcaster was Epic Kreoss. And yes, that cavalry did a lot of trampling on my forces!

But, EKreoss still had lots of fun running around and killing stuff with his armour boosted up to 24- despite being the only Menoth model being left on the board, he still managed to take a bunch of free strikes from the Lancers and make a decent assassination attempt! I think that is what I wanted from Reznik the Executioner, but he is just too squishy to deliver.

Anyway, looks like Cygnar is taking the lead in this campaign so far.

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:08 pm

My battle(s) with Cryx didn`t materialize as expected. Our local Cryx player instead decided to run some demos of MOnsterpocalypse. I DID get two games in against an old friend who also happens to play Cygnar (Cygnar on Cygnar violence, never good). He won with pStryker vs. my pCaine (on scenario - great comeback win for him). I later beat his pStryker with Kraye. I guess Kraye had a good weekend. Pusuit also saved the day for me as it let to some shenanigans where Kraye could escape and Stryker was trapped out in the oen, about three inches from my Stormwall (who pounded him into the ground). Nice battles, but I guess they won`t effect the campaign. I will get 2-3 games in in mid-December.

Danguinius
Last edited by Danguinius on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:54 am

The Underdweller wrote:Dungeonlord, thanks for posting the results of our Cygnar/Menoth game today. For the record, my warcaster was Epic Kreoss. And yes, that cavalry did a lot of trampling on my forces!

But, EKreoss still had lots of fun running around and killing stuff with his armour boosted up to 24- despite being the only Menoth model being left on the board, he still managed to take a bunch of free strikes from the Lancers and make a decent assassination attempt!
No problem. Would you like to post it? I can erase mine, so that it is in your name and you can put it in your own words. I just thought you were a bit sick to do it and I didn't want it to go to waste.

Armour 24?? Holy rusted metal Batman! :o :o

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:55 am

Primarch wrote:That Pursuit spell is really good. So long as you upkeep it, it never expires and it allows you to move any model in your battlegroup, meaning that it is very hard to get into combat, especially when the 'jack has parry to prevent backstrikes. :D
And if you don't miss with it because your are 8 inches away from being pounded...

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:59 am

Danguinius wrote:My battle(s) with Cryx didn`t materialize as expected. Our local Cryx player instead decided to decided to run some demos of MOnsterpocalypse. I DID get two games in against an old friend who also happens to play Cygnar (Cygnar on Cygnar violence, never good). He won with pStryker vs. my pCaine (on scenario - great comeback win for him). I later beat his pStryker with Kraye. I guess Kraye had a good weekend. Pusuit also saved the day for me as it let to some shenanigans where Kraye could escape and Stryker was trapped out in the oen, about three inches from my Stormwall (who pounded him into the ground). Nice battles, but I guess they won`t effect the campaign. I will get 2-3 games in in mid-December.

Danguinius
The Cryx guy may have lost heart and scuttled under a rock or something :lol: :lol: I know I wouldn't be that keen to face you unless you were drunk or suffering from a hangover ;)

Is there anyone else participating in the campaign over your way?? If you wanted to be the scrib for them and post up your friends results, that would be ok with me. Of course, they would have to choice where they were attacking from.

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:23 pm

The Pirate Queen - Skarre Ravenmane - was taken back aboard her ship - the Widower - by the self-serving, rascal Gormun Di Wulfe. There dark magics and the power of her Lifedrinker dagger were employed to mend the mortal wounds inflicted by Jeremiah Kraye. Once awakened, Skarre walked to the prow of her ship, all scattering before her brooding fury. Once at the prow she stood and cried her vengeance across the sea and to the man who had dared defy her will.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, Kraye. And my wrath burns for you, fool!" :twisted:

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:11 pm

Jeremiah sat alone, enjoying the warmth of his small campfire. As he went over his encounter with the pirate queen Skarre almost a week or so earlier, a chilling southerly swept through the camp, sending an uncontrollable shudder through his bones. For the rest of the night, he couldn't shake the feeling that he hadn't seen the last of Skarre and her "Great Rack". :D

Return to “Hordes/Warmachine - ホードとウォーマシーン”