COLOSSALS

Discussion for anything related to Hordes, Warmachine or any Privateer Press games.
Colonel Voss

Re: COLOSSALS

Post by Colonel Voss » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:48 am

Well the Woldwrath has been viewed or a WiP at least. The art work for it is great, the model itself is meh so far for me.
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:14 am

OK, saw the Woldwrath and all I can say is Battletech Mad Cat meets living stone! :? :lol:
-Alten Ashley

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:13 am

Greetings,

I got my Cygnar Stormwall all painted up and even got the base somewhat decorated. I used it in a battle against Cryx last week under the command of Darius. I thought I`d try to upload a few pics.

Danguinius
Attachments
Stormwall1.jpg
Stormwall1.jpg (102.18 KiB) Viewed 4347 times
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:18 am

Actually it was a great battle with a Centurian charging eGoreshade and impaling him on a his piston spear for the win. The Stormwall is not weak. I wouldn`t go so far as to say it is broken yet, but it can be devastating. In this photo, you can see a Cryx Leviathan...which was promptly turned into scrap by the Stormwall. It also destroyed a Reaper with two rounds of shooting as well as three Sould Hunters and two Bane Thralls. It was a fun model to paint and I think it turned out okay. I just thought you guys might want to see a non-pro-painted Colossal.

Danguinius
Attachments
Stormwall2.jpg
Stormwall2.jpg (157.91 KiB) Viewed 4345 times
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:41 am

Nice pj :) I think the base is a tad spartan for something so big, though. Maybe a bit of foliage, or just some variation in ground colour? Likewise, the carapace is a big expanse of blue - a wee bit of mottling or scratch damage would give the eye something to latch onto. Just a thought :) its a nice enough paint job, and happily table top level.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:39 am

Nice and shiny. Good blue. :)
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:16 pm

me_in_japan wrote:Nice pj :) I think the base is a tad spartan for something so big, though. Maybe a bit of foliage, or just some variation in ground colour? Likewise, the carapace is a big expanse of blue - a wee bit of mottling or scratch damage would give the eye something to latch onto. Just a thought :) its a nice enough paint job, and happily table top level.
I believe in the first of Dan's posts, he mentions that the base is only partially done.

That thing is certainly an impressive piece on the field. I may work my way up to something like that, but it won't be for a while as I don't have a huge collection yet. I am sure the picture doesn't do the paint job justice.

Ps Crush those pesky Cryx fellow Cygnar :twisted:

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:09 pm

@Dlord - nah, we'll have none o that escalation nonsense round here, thank y verra much. We like our warmachine games titchy sized, if thats alright wi you.

(that is to say, nobody round here has a colossal or a war engine, probably cos we're still getting to grips with the basic game. I think it'd be really nice if we could resist corporate pressure to scale up our games and just keep on truckin' with the scale that we all enjoy. Just my two cents, mind you.)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:54 pm

@ MIJ - True dat. Please read "may" as "probably never". The rules for it look fun though :D Firing little electric conduits out to electrify badies is pretty cool though 8-)

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:18 pm

Now that I have finally started painting some of my circle and working with stone, the Woldwrath has sort of grown on me. Dan, I accept your challenge to a Mountain Troll vs. Woldwrath battle royal. I will just need lots of time to get my forces organized and painted as this is absolutely not going to be for unpainted models!
-Alten Ashley

Return to “Hordes/Warmachine - ホードとウォーマシーン”