The War Room

Discussion for anything related to Hordes, Warmachine or any Privateer Press games.
job
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: The War Room

Post by job » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:27 pm

Sometime ago I discovered the young uns don't even have an idea who MJ is! And the other day I was musing about the old days of MS-DOS with another person. Sad to say but our days are already heading into the late afternoon. :o :cry:
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:35 pm

Who is MJ? :lol:
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:50 pm

Colonel Voss wrote:Who is MJ? :lol:
It's the nickname of Spiderman's girlfriend, Mary Jane Watson. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:57 pm

Well, I appreciate the convenience of excel type programs in which I don't need a calculator. Since I have no printer, I still have to write the final list out, however. Perhaps the combination of both gives me the best of both worlds. :D

As to our days being in the late afternoon, we still have each each other to reminisce with :)

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:04 pm

I used to think pen and paper was best, but since I got army builder (which is nothing to do with GW, btw - it just happens to allow you to build lists for GW games, along with pretty much every other wargame in existence) Ive found it to be much, much faster. It also integrates extremely well with my iphone (and if I had an ipad, itd integrate wi that, too) by outputting lists in such a way that you can list the units by name on one page, then poke at a unit name with your finger and itll show you the stats and special rules, and then if you poke at the special rule itll tell you what it does. All this nests in one screen. verra handy, I must say. Likewise, I expect the PP software to be basically a stack of cards on my iphone, with some army-buildy type functionality. As the cards come with the minis anyway, it's largely unnecessary, but it's one of those things that'll just be handy. The fact that it's free is a very canny move on their part, too, as it'll be really useful for people demo-ing games with the starter sets. Depending how easy it is to navigate, being able to look at your opponent's army cards could be handy, too. It's also handy as you still sometimes get the old Mk I cards included with minis when you buy em. I intend to get the cryx list and maybe the trollbloods. The fact that the digi sets also auto-update whenever a new mini is released for a faction is gold, too. No more needing to buy "new" decks for the new PP books. One download, and your up to date for all time. Marv'lous :)

Anyway, we shall see how it is when it comes out.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:08 pm

Holly Moly. MJ= Michael Jordan. Air Jordan. Number 23 of the Chicago Bulls. ;)
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:21 pm

job wrote:Holly Moly. MJ= Michael Jordan. Air Jordan. Number 23 of the Chicago Bulls. ;)
Was he in Spiderman? No? Then he's no-one as far as I am concerned. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Primarch wrote:
job wrote:Holly Moly. MJ= Michael Jordan. Air Jordan. Number 23 of the Chicago Bulls. ;)
Was he in Spiderman? No? Then he's no-one as far as I am concerned. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yep, Peter certainly was the super hero with the sexiest girlfriend/wife! :D Actually, every woman he met seemed infatuated with him! The Black Cat comes to mind.

Anyway, MJ, Michael Jordan, Mary Jane, Michael Jackson, Mick Jagger :shock: Freaky! ;)

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:38 pm

Anyway, the kids don't know any of the above. Time for us to set off gracefully into the sunset? :D
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:51 am

Not to put us any further into the old dog section, but isn't pen and paper army building much like comparing board gaming and mini war gaming to video games?
Personally, I too like pen and paper list building. It does take longer, but each list I throw together is just as must fun as playing as I go through the battle in my mind.

I tried the digi form but found it a bit empty. Convenient , yes. Fulfilling, not so much.

Return to “Hordes/Warmachine - ホードとウォーマシーン”