Campaign war stories (renamed)

Discussion for anything related to Hordes, Warmachine or any Privateer Press games.
Dungeon Lord
Legend

Campaign war stories (renamed)

Post by Dungeon Lord » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:24 am

This thread has evolved into a place for war stories (starting from page 3for the 2012/13 Warmahordes campaign.

I have been wondering whether it would be possible to set up some sort of Nagoya Hammer campaign. This would be mainly to introduce a story line to our battles and not just to see who is the best. Of course, if people want to devote a lot of time to taking over the imaginary world, go ahead :D I would personally only play 2 to 4 games a month.

I was thinking of an digital PDF or something map which the organizer would look after and send out the up dated version each week. Teams would be broken up into factions (so I would be fighting on the side of any cygnar players out there) with starting points and battle grounds mapped out and connected by attack routes (lines). Faction armies could move into and take control of those places.

If you want a certain piece of land, you will have to fight somebody (anybody is ok) with that faction. Any point level would be fine.

The results of the battles and where on the map they took place could be sent to the organizer each week and the map updated and sent to participants.

You could even play people not in the campaign and the results would stand. People could also join at anytime.

We could even have some sort of finale at NagoyaHammer 2013.

Any one interested? I reckon I could make the map and run it if people were keen.
Last edited by Dungeon Lord on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:26 am, edited 4 times in total.

ashmie
Wargod

Re: Warmahordes Campaign

Post by ashmie » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:48 am

I don't play Hordes but I love the idea of campaigns especially if people are encouraged to write their own back story. This was how Warhammer fantasy roleplay was born, to give the battles more depth.
Jus started a spectacular Warhammer campaign this year that was very similar with a world map and fluff threads for each force. http://www.nagoyahammer.com/forum/viewt ... =77&t=1499
I couldn't get up to Nagoya as much as I wanted to this year.
If you can make the hordes thing regular in Kuwana then it would be worth doing.
In going to make the Tsu event 3rd Sundays of the month from January so if you could make it a different date to that I would appreciate it.
Cheers ;)
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:34 am

Just to clarify, it isn't just hordes. It is Warmachine too. But u probably meant that.

I am not all knowing about the Iron Kingdoms setting so people may need to point stuff out to me.

I will check out Jus' campaign for ideas.

I am hesitant to set a regular meeting in Kuwana because of Joshin and now Tsu. Plus I may have work and family commitments of my own.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:03 am

I'd be satisfied with just getting a game in from time to time. I can only dream of 2-4 games a month. Once every 2 or 3 months is a more likely proposition for me :(

Incidentally, warmachine and hordes are set in the same place, at the same time. The only distinction (in fluff terms) between the two is which particular type of location the faction is in. Urban factions use steam jacks and appear in warmachine. Rural factions use big hairy beasties and appear in hordes. There is crossover, though. For example, trollblood warlock Gunnbjorn (a troll) uses a bazooka, the use of which eye learned whilst a member of the Cygnarite army. Likewise, Greygore Boomhowler (also a troll) leads a mercenary unit that will fight for Trollbloods or Cryx (and maybe Cygnar, too. Not sure)

Ps - there is a very nice PDF of the map of the iron kingdoms floating about the interwebs. It has all kinds of layers of data you can turn on and off (rivers, place name etc)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:12 am

@ MIJ - Thanks. I do know that Warmachine and Hordes are in the same world and a little about the factions. But not the details. I will have a look for that map, but even a basic one would be sufficient for my purposes.

As for 2 - 4 games a month. I am calculating them on playing 2 games in the one day and if on the off chance I get another day of gaming in, that would make 4 at the most.

The system I am thinking would allow even once every couple of month games have an effect on the campaign. So nobody should worry about that.
Last edited by Dungeon Lord on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:48 am

Here's a map I found of Western Immoren.
:D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:51 pm

Hehehe :lol:

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:37 pm

The dragonfather is not amused... :evil:

But MiJ is :D
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:35 pm

The Dragonfather want Khador to win, that's why he keeps attacking Cygnar 8-)

I'd be interested but the only person who comes up to play me isa fellow Khador player and what other forces I have are very limited.
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:24 am

@ Colonel Voss: that may be a problem. You may need a few more minis for your circle.

@ All: just in case my posts have been confusing. I will try to set it up so Warmachine and Horde armies can play.

Return to “Hordes/Warmachine - ホードとウォーマシーン”