Warmahordes Campaign Progress Reports

Discussion for anything related to Hordes, Warmachine or any Privateer Press games.
Danguinius
Veteran

Re: Warmahordes Campaign Progress Reports

Post by Danguinius » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:58 pm

Date: January 22
Points played: 42
Factions played: Cygnar (pStryker) vs. Trollblood (Borka)
Territory fought over: TB5 to CY1
Winning faction: Cygnar (pStryker)
Special Comments: My second ever game of Hordes. Borka couldn`t stumble around drunk (due to me moving him up to far - out of keg range). I made soooooooooo many mistakes in this game; I deserved to lose. I moved Borka up way to far because I just failed to register that the Cygnar forces were enjoyng the benefits of pStryker`s feat. I moved Borka up to far, without fury or stumbling drunk from the keg carrier...and when he did take fatal damage (on my opponent`s absolute last chance to hurt him), I just forgot about making a tough roll! Oh well, let it never be said that I don`t record my loses...and those losses are good learning experiences ("Derp! Don`t charge an Ironclad under pStryker`s feat with my warlock!").
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:27 pm

Date: January 27
Points played: 35
Factions played: Cygnar (pStryker) vs. Trollblood (Cptn Gunnbjorn)
Territory fought over: TB5 to CY1
Winning faction: Cygnar (pStryker)
Special Comments: My fifth ever game of Hordes. It was my first ever try with Gunnbjorn. I thought he`s be easy to learn since he`s basically a Cygnar caster in Troll form, but he appears tyo have a very steep learning curve. I conceded, but it would have been an easy win on scenario (Outflank) for pStyker as he was dominating one zone and about to control the other. I think I`ll hold off using Gunnbjorn for a while until I get some of the basics of Trollbloods (as a whole) down. Yes, this loss means that Cygnar captures a city.
Last edited by Danguinius on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:34 pm

Territory fought over: TB4 to KH6
Winning faction: Trollbloods (Borka and "Keggy")
Special Comments: My third ever game of Hordes. We decided to bust out the new Steamroller 2013 for new scenarios with timed turns (7 minutes, once per game three minute extension). This battle was Into The Breach, a tough scenario using a single flag marker and zone. It was a rematch from last week`s battle, but this time Borka stuck it out with a razor-thin victory via scenario (1 CP to 0) I apparently learned a bit from my two losses the previous week, but there is still a ways to go. When used compitently, Borka is pretty tough to kill (pun intended). :D

Danguinius
Last edited by Danguinius on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:42 pm

Territory fought over: TB3 to RET7
Winning faction: Trollbloods (Borka and "Keggy")
Special Comments: My fourth ever game of Hordes. We continued with the new Steamroller 2013 for new scenarios with timed turns (7 minutes, once per game three minute extension). This battle was the one with the Effigy of Valor objective, a very cool scenario. It gave us an opportunity to use objectives. This was a rubber match between Borka and pStryker, but this time Borka improved with a total victory via scenario (5 CP to 0). My opponent made a few critical...um, errors (forgetting to allocate focus)...which really helped Borka out. Also, the Kriel Warriors really bogged down the Cygnar heavies more or less taking them out of the game. Meanwhile, The Earthborn Dire Troll and Slag Troll ran wild on the other side of the board. I love the jamming ability of the Kriel Warriors, they really turn a sizeable portion of the board into a parking lot! But, my Cygnar opponent doesn`t like them - they`re the only thing he has complained about. No complaints about FOCUS 5 Dire Trolls or Fell Caller or Borka`s resilience...just the bog-standard light infantry unit, Kriel Warriors. :lol:

Danguinius

Danguinius

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:24 am

Date: February 16
Points played: 25
Factions played: Retribution (Rahn) vs. Trollblood (Jarl Skuld)
Territory fought over: TB3 to RET5
Winning faction: Trollbloods (Jarl)
Special Comments: I got 4 games in last weekend (and three games of Monpoc!). The first saw my new caster, Jarl "I-love-movement-spells" Skuld defeat Rahn by a sleight margin, 2-1 on scenario. The scanario was the one with three flags in the middle of the board (and one disappears). My opponent played well and scored first, but Jarl`s incredible movement shananigans allowed him to dominate a flag and get two points for the win shortly before time expired. It was a nice tactical positioning game that could have gone either way.

Danguinius

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:29 am

Factions played: Circle Orbouros (Kromac) vs. Trollblood (Jarl Skuld)
Territory fought over: TB4 to CI3
Winning faction: tie
Special Comments: I got 4 games in last weekend (and three games of Monpoc!). The second game saw my new caster, Jarl "I-love-movement-spells" Skuld grind out a draw with Kromac. The scanario was the one with three flags in the middle of the board (and one disappears). My opponent was a relative newbie and was not comfotable with using a turn clock or game clock, but she did agree to using a scenario. We both went on to dominate one objective and reached 5 control points simultaneously, but with no game clock, we had no way to decide a tie-break. We decided to call it a draw, instead.

Danguinius

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:38 am

Factions played: Cryx (pDenegrha) vs. Trollblood (Jarl Skuld)
Territory fought over: TB7 to CR4
Winning faction: Cryx (pDenegrha)
Special Comments: I got 4 games in last weekend (and three games of Monpoc!). The third game game saw my new caster, Jarl "I-love-movement-spells" Skuld score early but lose to pDenny via assassination. The scanario was the one with three flags in the middle of the board (and one disappears). My opponent was not comfotable with using a turn clock, but he did agree to using a scenario. PDenny feated and lower Jarl`s DEF enought to get Crippling grasp on him, she went on to attack him herself but couldn`t kill him. She cast Ghost Walk on a focusless Slayer, then gave it one focus with a Warwitch Siren...and it proceded to come up slaughter Jarl in one hit. I DID keep one focus on Jarl to transfer, but I forgot to leave any beasts open for the transfer (they were all maxed out from the turn before)...so I had to eat the hit. Then, for the second time, I inexplicably forgot to make a tough roll for Jarl and conceded the game. One of these days I`ll get the hang of it! (Ughhhhh....)

Danguinius

Danguinius

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:00 am

Date: February 17
Factions played: Cryx (Witch Coven) vs. Trollblood (Jarl Skuld)
Territory fought over: TB7 to TR6
Winning faction: Trollbloods (Jarl)
Special Comments: I got 4 games in last weekend (and three games of Monpoc!). This last game game saw my new caster, Jarl "I-love-movement-spells" Skuld pull a comefrom behind win via scenario. The scanario was the one with two rectangular zones with objectives (monoliths) in the middle. The monoliths must be detroyed (for one CP each), then the zones can be scored for a point a turn or dominated for two points. My opponent was still not comfotable with using a turn clock, but he did agree to using a game clock and scenario. My opponent scored first by getting his slayer into one of the zones and destroying the monolith with a series of blows from his Slayer. He did this in the top of turn #2 however and couldn`t score the zone. On the bottom of turn #2, one of my Scouts ran out of combat with a Soul Hunter and stepped into his zone to contest. Jarl cast flaming fists on the Dire Troll Bomber and then moved 8" (under the Quicken spell) into the other zone. The bomber charged and leveled the remaining monolith for one CP and Jarl dominated for another two CPs at the end of the turn. Thos three CPs would be enough for the win. My opponent took a very long 3rd turn (no turn clock) in which he feated and managed to arc Shadowbind onto Jarl, but his attempt to throw the Impaler at Jarl (with the Slayer) missed it`s mark. he would have at least been able to move the Withershadow Combine into contest, but before he could activate them, the game clock expired, ending the game at 3-1 in favor of Trolls. Even if it hadn`t ended there, the Trolls would almost certainly have won via scenario (5 CPs) on the next turn (Dire Troll Bomber and Pyre Troll vs. 2-3 Withershadow guys) or even through assassination (Horthol and his white buffalo were all lined up to run over the Witch Coven on the next turn...I so wanted Horthol to smack the Egregore with his cavalry hammer just like he was playing polo!). Due to moving up to 35 points, I replaced my usual Kriel Warriors + Fell Caller combo with Long Riders (a.k.a Toughalloes) + Horthol. They are so fast under Jarl`s quicken/weald secrets spells! I love this unit!

Danguinius

Dungeon Lord
Legend

UPDATE!

Post by Dungeon Lord » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:53 pm

The war grinds on! With each passing battle, bonds between man and machine, master and the mastered form. The tempered minds and skills of the survivors bring new abilities that make each veteran a force to be reckoned with. So as some forces reach the edge of existence a final spark of defiance ignites, while other forces blaze a bloody trial seeking the dominance of lesser civilizations.

For the next two months of the campaign (March and April) Warcasters and Warlocks MAY use the rules found in Appendix B page 247 to 249 of Prime MKII and the equivalent rules for Hordes, with the following adjustments and clarifications. Only one Warjack (not including named/character Warjacks) may be bonded to each Warcaster. This bond is formed automatically so that both players have access to cool enhancements each game and is rolled for randomly.

Bonds cannot be discarded/broken voluntarily. They can only be broken by the assassination of the warcaster or the destruction of the bonded Warjack. Once a bond is broken a new bond may be rolled for next game.

These rules are voluntary, so players do not have to feel required to use them if they don't want to. If they do, players are encouraged to name their bonded warjack.

NOTE: I don't have the Hordes rulebook, but I am assuming they have the same rules. So please use the same base guidelines for Horde factions too. HAPPY GAMING!

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:02 am

Date: March 16
Factions played: Cryx (Witch Coven) vs. Trollblood (Jarl Skuld)
Territory fought over: TB4 to CR2
Winning faction: Trollblood (Jarl Skuld)
Special Comments: I got 6 games in last weekend down in Iwakuni!I had two warm-up games on Saturday, three tournament games on Sunday, and one more grudge afterthe tournement! My new favorite caster, Jarl "stick-N-move" Skuld pulled out a tight one in the outflank scenario (two large circular zones). We were tied on control points at dice down (I can`t remember if it was 1-1 or 0-0). So we started adding up "army points remaining". Trollbloods lost a Dire Troll Bomber and Fell Caller. Cryx had lost a Reaper and a Skarlock (and we didn`t count it at the time, but the Trollblood Thumper cannon "thumped" (knocked down) a Slayer in a river, extinguishing it`s furnace an making it inert). But, the scenario called for doubling the point values of anything in the zones. TheCryx player had a Harrower in one zone and a Ripjaw in the other, but Trolls scored massive points for having a Long Rider unitin one zone, along with an Impaler and a Horthol in the other...earning Trollbloods the narrow win.

DanTrollBlitzer

Return to “Hordes/Warmachine - ホードとウォーマシーン”