Warmahordes Campaign Starts!

Discussion for anything related to Hordes, Warmachine or any Privateer Press games.
Dungeon Lord
Legend

Warmahordes Campaign Starts!

Post by Dungeon Lord » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:37 am

<<Prologue>>

The time is ripe for conquest. The winds of change are blowing stronger than ever and everybody feels its' ferocious call. The horde clans have already amassed and taken cities by force. While trumpets call allies together and drums beat out a stirring rhythm, the nations and tribes of Immoren are preparing to march forth, down a warpath that can only end with a bloody conclusion on the horizon.

Cities will be raised, boarders redrawn and all will fight for their very survival. Don your armor and sharpen your claws, for now you must fight, till you can fight no more!!!

## MAPS ##

Here are the maps. They will be updated as often as possible (at least once a week on Monday night). So checking them before a battle would be a good idea. {UPDATED: June 17th, 2013}

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/713 ... iew%29.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/713 ... ies%29.jpg
Last edited by Dungeon Lord on Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Re: Warmahordes Campaign Starts!

Post by Dungeon Lord » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:49 am

Here are the final rules (at least to start things off so you keen conquerers to be can start fighting the good fight):

<<Main Points>>
  • Anyone can join the campaign at any time
    Even a single win will have an effect on the campaign
    There is no set point level per game
    Lists can be altered between matches
    Even games against non-campaign participants count as long as you decide which areas will be fought over before the match
    Any Warlock/warcaster can be used in your battles
Players fight as a faction. There are no individual armies. So the success of you faction/tribe will depend on your team's results too. ie. all games played with Trollbloods will result in an expansion or contraction of the areas they control. This means you can fight in any area you want. Eg once in the North and the next game could even be fought in the South.

Players may play with more than one faction, but no teaming up. Please try to keep it as independent as possible and not throw a match just for your main faction to prosper. I will leave it up to your personal judgement.

<<Where to fight>>

ll you have to do is find an opponent to fight, then draw a straight unimpeded line, the size and width of the emblem from one of the areas controlled by your faction to one of his/hers. If the line does not pass through another emblem (including your own faction's) you can fight for control of those two sections. The winner takes control of the opponent's area and the symbol will be changed on the following Monday night. Feel free to fight another battle using the newly conquered area. Just be sure to report both battles in chronological order.

This means that players gamble a territory and will either gain a territory or lose one after each battle.

If a faction loses it's last territory, their civilization has been lost and enslaved. They must now fight for the faction that they conquered were conquered by. For example, if the Circle of Orboros conquer Everblight, battles won by Everblight players now count as if a Circle of Orboros had fought.

<<Exception>>
Cities (those areas named in yellow) can only be conquered by two wins by the same faction. But not necessarily the same person. So, if two separate Khador players (eg Jack in Hokkaido and Luke in Okinawa) by pure chance fought on the same city area controlled by Cygnar and both win, the result would be Khador taking the city. These wins do not need to be consecutive, but they do have to occur in the same week and the total of wins vs loses for that area have to be 2 or more.

To begin with (for the sake of maximizing the options for people to fight battles with different factions), coastal areas can launch a attack on any other area along the coast or islands. Fluff-wise, you can consider it a fleet either already at sea or one from another port attacking a distant enemy.

Minion and Merc armies should choose a faction/tribe to fight for and the results of their battles will count towards their "employer's" successfulness. Eg. Satoru's Mercs choose to be employed by the Protectorate and therefore must fight from Protectorate controlled territories for the entire campaign. No double dealing and switching sides.

This may of course lead to Merc and Minion armies fighting for different sides, but still allow them to have a team to root for and even up the sides if necessary. Reasons for this is that it fits the hired muscle theme, allows for non-active factions to fight and clears up the map. As you can see, it is already quite crowded.

<<Special Rules>>

Battles of 50 points or more count as 2 wins/losses, but only one territory will be conquered/lost. Therefore it will be easier to take a city in a larger battle or will influence whether a territory is conquered when more than one battle is fought over in the same territory. EDITED: Nov 1st

I may add some more along the way, like allowing one Warcaster to bond with one warjack or something. So pop back occasionally and be sure to tell your opponent about them :D

<<Finale>>
I am hoping to do some sort of cinematic/narrative finale at NagoyaHammer 2013 on the second day (With Primarch's permission of course. It is his event after all.) This will depend on who actually comes and how the campaign progresses. In short though, I will endeavor to include to include anybody who comes in the finale, regardless of how often you have played in the campaign.

NOTE:

The main objective of this campaign is to give our games a little more meaning and sense of continuation. It is also designed to allow for as many people as possible to participate. So the rules have been kept simple and allows for a fast paced campaign.

I hope you all enjoy it!!!

<<Report Format>>

SAMPLE
Date: Nov 25th
Points played: 25
Factions played: Cygnar vs Trollbloods
Territory fought over: CY5 and TB7
Winning faction: Cygnar
Special Comments: Warlock XXX was thrown off a cliff by a Cyclone heavy jack.

<<Q and A>>

1) What happens if a faction is conquered but subsequently plays a game against the conquerors (eg orboros wipe out all legion tiles, then a legion player wants to play against an orboros player)? What colour/what tile would change hands?
My apologies, but I will have to be a little cut throat with this one. This will not change the tile to a legion tile. Sorry but you have been conquered. The only exception to this rule is if the two players in question are the only active players in their physical area. Like Colonel Voss who only really has one person to play against. In this case, the legion player may fight for independence and win back a tile for legion. Otherwise you will have to play for fun or come to NagoyaHammer to battle in the final scene.

2) Following on from that, what happens if my cryx play against Kbear's cryx (or any two players with the same faction play each other? In this case, btw, my solution would be to just use my trollbloods, but not everyone has a backup faction.)
Technically, you are on the same side and so the territory/tile would still be a cryx tile. So it will have to be a match outside the campaign. You could always use the match as a premise for a thematic grudge match at NagoyaHammer.
Last edited by Dungeon Lord on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:15 am

I hope its ok to post questions here - apologies if it clutters the thread.

1) what happens if a faction is conquered but subsequently plays a game against the conquerors (eg orboros wipe out all legion tiles, then a legion player wants to play against an orboros player)? What colour/what tile would change hands?

2) Following on from that, what happens if my cryx play against Kbear's cryx (or any two players with the same faction play each other? In this case, btw, my solution would be to just use my trollbloods, but not everyone has a backup faction.)

3) Trollbloods, not Bloodtrolls, although I will concede that the latter sounds far scarier :D

Other than that, at first read it seems like a pretty slick system which should accommodate our frankly rather difficult requirements. Nice one :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:55 am

Here is as good a place as any. Some valid questions. I will add your questions to a Q & A in the above post. Please have a look there. ;)
me_in_japan wrote: 3) Trollbloods, not Bloodtrolls, although I will concede that the latter sounds far scarier :D
Ooops. Typo :oops: :oops: . Sorry about that. I got it right in the example report format though :D

Dungeon Lord
Legend

UPDATE!

Post by Dungeon Lord » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:54 pm

The war grinds on! With each passing battle, bonds between man and machine, master and the mastered form. The tempered minds and skills of the survivors bring new abilities that make each veteran a force to be reckoned with. So as some forces reach the edge of existence a final spark of defiance ignites, while other forces blaze a bloody trial seeking the dominance of lesser civilizations.

For the next two months of the campaign (March and April) Warcasters and Warlocks MAY use the rules found in Appendix B page 247 to 249 of Prime MKII and the equivalent rules for Hordes, with the following adjustments and clarifications. Only one Warjack (not including named/character Warjacks) may be bonded to each Warcaster. This bond is formed automatically so that both players have access to cool enhancements each game and is rolled for randomly.

Bonds cannot be discarded/broken voluntarily. They can only be broken by the assassination of the warcaster or the destruction of the bonded Warjack. Once a bond is broken a new bond may be rolled for next game.

These rules are voluntary, so players do not have to feel required to use them if they don't want to. If they do, players are encouraged to name their bonded warjack.

NOTE: I don't have the Hordes rulebook, but I am assuming they have the same rules. So please use the same base guidelines for Horde factions too. HAPPY GAMING!

Return to “Hordes/Warmachine - ホードとウォーマシーン”