PP Going Digital

Discussion for anything related to Hordes, Warmachine or any Privateer Press games.
Gannon
Rookie

PP Going Digital

Post by Gannon » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:53 am

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the new age:

http://privateerpress.com/privateer-press-digital

With Privateer Press Digital, you have access to an extensive catalog of No Quarter magazine issues, WARMACHINE and HORDES rulebooks, Iron Kingdoms Full-Metal Fantasy Roleplaying Game material, and much more! Take your Privateer Press rulebooks with you wherever you go for quick, easy reference. Download the latest No Quarter magazine straight to your device. Privateer Press Digital is the ultimate reference tool for the Privateer Press gamer!

The Privateer Press Digital e-reader app offers:
Digital subscriptions to No Quarter magazine!
WARMACHINE and HORDES books!
Iron Kingdoms RPG content!
Rulebooks for Privateer’s board and card games, including LEVEL 7 [ESCAPE], Heap, and Infernal Contraption!
Errata updates to ensure your digital rulebooks are up-to-date!
Play like you got a Pair!!

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: PP Going Digital

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:00 am

Hmmm. I'll have a shufty and comment further in a bit...

*edit* seems fine in principle, but I'll need more info on prices and whatnot before I bite. I like the auto-errata thing, though. That's just plain good sense, in my opinion.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:37 pm

The screenshots are suggesting $25 (£15.50) for a Warmachine or Hordes supplement and $6 (£3.75)for a copy of No Quarter. If the UK prices follow the exchange rates like that, that's a decent price. Looks like this will define the resale price of the paper books I've got blocking up the bookshelf. If they charge for the board game rulebooks, I won't be a happy gobber.

On the other hand, using their own app as a wrapper for the books is annoying - there's nothing wrong with iBooks or the Newsstand that exist already. Also, the screenshots so far only suggest PDFs (or equivalent) of the printed books. The GW digital codexes have rather spoiled me - I'd be wanting the 360degree rotations from the website, hyperlinks between stat blocks and the special rules glossary, interactivity between this app and the War Room, etc. Also, given the experience of the War Room, I'll let someone else work the bugs out for the first six months. :)

Finally, I wonder if the old RPG material will make it onto this app, or will I just have to buy the PDFs from DrivethruRPG?

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:13 am

Should be interesting to see how it turns out. Digital stuff does have the advantage of being able to carry a lot more with less weight. I also enjoy the traditional analog version for flipping through. Can be quicker. I guess it depends on how well you know where the rules are.

Either, not a bad thing that PP are getting on board this. Good luck to them.

Return to “Hordes/Warmachine - ホードとウォーマシーン”