Convergence of Cyriss

Discussion for anything related to Hordes, Warmachine or any Privateer Press games.
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Convergence of Cyriss

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:17 pm

Well, since nobody else has mentioned it, I may as well post this:

New Warmachine faction in 2013 - Convergence of Cyriss. There's a pretty informative video here: http://privateerpress.com/videos/conver ... on-preview

Personally, I think they seem a reasonable addition to the game. Another faction and associated fluff is not a bad thing, and theyre certainly sufficiently different to stand out from the existing faction. The focus-bopping mechanic seems pretty novel, too. I'm not overly enamoured with the models, but again, they look different to the existing range, so fair play for that.

Whatch'all think?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Colonel Voss

Re: Convergence of Cyriss

Post by Colonel Voss » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 am

I had wondered why Cyriss didn't have any casters, now I know why :!:

Overall I'm impressed with the direction they are going with this faction. It looks and feels different in a really unique way. The models aren't exactly my style but I do think they hit the mark for what they were trying to do when they set out to make them.

Also, my last thought. :ugeek:

So what have you done of late?

GW: We rewrote the full on a bunch of factions and jacked up our prices.
PP: We've created a whole new faction while consistently adding to our old factions in a rational way and kept the prices stable.
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:26 am

Colonel Voss wrote:
So what have you done of late?

GW: We rewrote the fluff on a bunch of factions so everyone had to buy a bunch more modelsand jacked up our prices, and rewrote our core rules so everyone had to buy a bunch of new models, while keeping the game pretty much just as it was and making sure each faction wasn't too different.
PP: We've created a whole new faction which plays entirely differently to the others at a pretty fundamental level while consistently adding to our old factions in a rational way and kept the prices stable.
Fixed that for you :P

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:42 am

sorry, trying to type all of that before having a cup of coffeee really isn't plausible for me. :lol:
-Alten Ashley

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:48 pm

Too little, too late. Warmachine is a dead game round these parts. Stupidly expensive must-have models and competition from Malifaux killed it.

A pity, because the cult of Cyriss was one of the best bits of the setting. I may pick up a Warcaster or somesuch to paint, if the shoulder pads aren't too ridiculous.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:45 pm

What's a must-have model for warmachine when it's at home? I reckon it's quite nicely balanced, as it happens.

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:28 pm

only must have is a warcaster and they're fairly priced me thinks.
-Alten Ashley

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:32 am

me_in_japan wrote:What's a must-have model for warmachine when it's at home? I reckon it's quite nicely balanced, as it happens.
The Battle Engines and then Colossals, apparently. According to the multiple-times UK champion, so I'll take his word for it. :)

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:56 am

Pfft, say I. Nobody around here has one of those, with the possible exception of Dan down in Hiroshima, who we don't see often (to be fair, Hiroshima is pretty far. Kudos to him for coming at all, tbh.) Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of those big thingies on the table. Some of em are nice models, and upon a quick perusal their rules don't seem tooooo wickety wack. I could be missing something, though. Meh, if folks think they're overpowered the obvious solution is to just agree in a gentlemanly fashion to not use em. Quitting the whole game because of one unit seems a bit dummy-spitty to me. *shrug*

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:09 am

Ummm which one and how many points are played? Those two things can make a huge difference right there.The game has such a diverse nature that the are ways around everything. Granted, some things are a bit harder and new is always hard to get your brain around. But you improvise, adapt and overcome. In the end, tactics and skill are better than anyone model.

As for the campionship guy, that's his opinion and he is entitled to it. As they say, opinions are like butts, everyone has one.
-Alten Ashley

Return to “Hordes/Warmachine - ホードとウォーマシーン”