October WarmaHordes Tournament

Discussion for anything related to Hordes, Warmachine or any Privateer Press games.
Danguinius
Veteran

Re: October WarmaHordes Tournament

Post by Danguinius » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:44 am

Just a note, more info and some links added to the original post including how to get there and all of the tournament information in Japanese.

The location is a 5-minute walk from Fukuyama Station (Castle side) pretty much straight up the main road leading from there.

Danguinius
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

Gannon
Rookie

Post by Gannon » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:15 pm

This past Sunday was the 2013 Japan Open. Thank you to everyone who came and traveled such long distances to attend. We had people from as far as Tokyo and Kitakyushu attend. Final Standings:

1st Place
K.T. (Tokyo)

2nd Place
Aoichiro (Tokyo)

3rd Place
Daniel (Fukuyama)

Best Painted
Vladimir (Fukoka)

There were a total of 15 participants, with several people helping me out to iron out any problems we had and help set up tables, herd cats, etc.

Thanks again to all that attended, and I look forward to running the next one! Hop over to the Dakka Gallery to see the pictures!

http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/image ... 02013.html

Rgds,
Gannon
Play like you got a Pair!!

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:53 am

I also want to extend my thanks to Gannon for helping to set up the event and being a great Tournament Organizer (although, I was a bit upset when he paired me against K.T. in the 3rd round! :evil: - just kidding). Gannon`s right, we had a great tourney support from Tetsu, Rantei & The Kid from Hiroshima Wargamers. I should also give congratulations to K.T. and Aoichirou for taking first and second place; they are both great players (I`ve lost twice now to K.T.!) Lastly I wanted to say thanks and give props to Underdweller and Fals for coming all that way and representing Nagoya. Underdweller, we had a great battle with The Underdweller in the second round!

Everyone had a great time and many of the participants said they want to do it again next year (or sooner). The Fukuyama location seemed to work quite well; it`s easily accessible by shinkansen and the hall was a 5 minute walk from the station. So, we may have it there/here again. 15 players with 15 (actually, 30 - two lists per person) fully painted armies playing hard and having fun - with zero rules disputes - I`d call that a success! So, if you couldn`t make it down or were just wondering how it would turn out, it went well and we`ll most certainly do it again. You`re all welcome to come down and play! :D

Danguinius
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:39 pm

I will definitely keep it in mind and try to make it next time. Time to get painting I think!

Nice pics too. Otsukare Gannon and Dan!

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:45 pm

Thanks for running this Gannon, Dan, and anyone else who was involved - this tournament was really well organized and a lot of fun.

Having 8 1/2 minutes per player turn kept things pretty intense, but everyone was really friendly; nobody got hung up on the rules, and everyone seemed to be having fun, win or lose! Having short turns made it possible to get a lot of games in during the day.

Thanks for the games, Dan, Vlad, and Yamanakasan. Dan, congratulations on 3rd place! Vlad, thanks for the opportunity to fight against, and defeat, a Colossal for the first time; now if only I could have done the same to the caster!

I'm glad I was able to make it down. My husband really enjoyed his time in Onomichi, so with any luck I will be back in Fukuyama someday for another tournament!

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:35 pm

Underdweller,

Thanks again for coming down. I`m glad you enjoyed the tourney. And, Onomichi is a beautiful place, isn`t it. There`s a reason the film so many dramas/movies there.

Danguinius

Gannon
Rookie

Post by Gannon » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:44 am

@ Underdweller-It was a pleasure to meet you, and make sure you get my phone info next time, just in case you get lost again! I'd definitely like to try and get in a game against that pesky Harbringer, since it's been years since I've been able to get in a game against her. Thank you for making it down and we will see you next time!

@ Danguinius-Yes this is a definite once a year thing, I'm looking forward to hopefully doing it again next year, and hopefully having more people attend as well. We had about 20 this year, and with that many people it was a surprise that there weren't more rules disputes. Everyone was on their best behavior though and it made the weekend quite pleasant.

@ Dungeon Lord-Definitely try to make it man, it was a blast. There were some very beautifully painted armies there for the event and it was quite a sight to see everyone with a fully painted army for every single game we played. Good luck on the painting!

Yamada San put up an awesome write up for the event:

http://freett.com/realmofrman/index.htm
Play like you got a Pair!!

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:54 am

Gannon wrote:@ Underdweller-It was a pleasure to meet you, and make sure you get my phone info next time, just in case you get lost again! I'd definitely like to try and get in a game against that pesky Harbringer, since it's been years since I've been able to get in a game against her. Thank you for making it down and we will see you next time!

Yamada San put up an awesome write up for the event:

http://freett.com/realmofrman/index.htm
Thanks Gannon, I will also make sure to look at a map next time before I head off...the tournament was only my second time to use the Harbringer, but I can see why people like her so much.

Thank Yamadasan for the write-up and pictures, great job!

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:34 am

Oh, thanks Gannon and Underdweller,

I was going to post the same link to Yamda`s awesome write-up. Anyone has any interest in wargaming and beautifully painted armies, take a look! He really took a lot of great photos!

Danguinius

Return to “Hordes/Warmachine - ホードとウォーマシーン”