The 2nd Annual Japan Open

Discussion for anything related to Hordes, Warmachine or any Privateer Press games.
Dungeon Lord
Legend

Re: The 2nd Annual Japan Open

Post by Dungeon Lord » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:54 am

Sounds awesome. I am totally with themed boards even if they put me at a disadvantage. Makes for much more interesting decision making and movement.

I would love to see open field with a large raised hill on my half of the table and difficult terrain on the other side so I can shoot my little heart out. Hehehe Theme: DL's Best Hope...

Are we going to know the factions being played beforehand?

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:52 am

Sounds pretty cool, although I detect a slight bias towards Cygnar...Thanks for putting so much work into your events!

Too bad you can't see Dungeon Lord's Cygnar table, he has put a lot of work into it and it looks awesome.

Gannon
Rookie

Post by Gannon » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:37 am

Is that the City table? If so, that thing is sweet. Just under 5 weeks out people!
Play like you got a Pair!!

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:26 pm

@ Gannon - I believe so. Although it is gradually including a industrial zone of the city, a religious zone and I am hoping a port side zone next year.

On another note, I have painted up everything I need for the tourney. Now I just have to know how to use them....

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:41 am

I got in some good games last Sunday. I have narrowed down my lists to two casters and their main components; I just have to do a little fiddling with a solo change here and there. This coming Sunday I`ll get 1-2 more practice games in and then...that`s it! No more practice until the tourney! All I can do after that is review everything on my cards and some of the more obscure rules in the rulebook.

Glad people like the ideas for themed boards. We had fun creating them.

Danguinius
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:06 am

I only got one game in last Sunday. I was hoping for two, but oh well. I will have to do some mock games by myself.

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:25 am

Obviously, this hasn`t been confirmed, but it looks like every faction will be represented in the tourney...except Minions. So, you don`t have to skew your lists towards any particular faction - be prepared to fight anyone (another benefit to having a well-designed and balanced wargame). The only factions that look like they may be represented by more than one players are Menoth, (maybe) Cryx, Cygnar and (maybe) Retribution...but again, these are just rumors.

Jarl
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:30 am

Cool. Thanks for the update.

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:57 am

Just a quick question.

What Game Timing is being used this year? 60 minutes +/- 3 x extension length??

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:39 pm

Dungeon Lord, sorry! I didn`t see this question until now. The timing for 50 point games is base 100 minutes with a 5-minute deviation (which Gannon rolled secretly before each battle). 1 = 85 minutes, 2 = 90 minutes, 3 = 95 minutes, 4 = 105 minutes, 5 = 110 minutes, 6 = 115 minutes. I know it`s ex post facto, but I hopefully it give you some idea of how long the games were.

Danguinius

Return to “Hordes/Warmachine - ホードとウォーマシーン”