The 2nd Annual Japan Open

Discussion for anything related to Hordes, Warmachine or any Privateer Press games.
Danguinius
Veteran

Re: The 2nd Annual Japan Open

Post by Danguinius » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:44 pm

I just want to give another shout out to the Nagoya reps at the 2nd Annual Japan Open, Underdweller and Dungeon Lord. Thanks for coming down and playing in the tourney. I hope you guys had fun.

Tourney Results:

1st: Aoichirou (Convergence of Cyriss) 4-0
2nd Keiichirou (Skorne) 3-1
3rd Daniel (Trollbloods) 3-1

Best painted: Keiichirou (Skorne)

Better Luck Next Year Award: Isobe (Retribution of Scyrah) (2nd year in a row!)

Danguinius
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:54 am

Danguinius wrote:Dungeon Lord, sorry! I didn`t see this question until now. The timing for 50 point games is base 100 minutes with a 5-minute deviation (which Gannon rolled secretly before each battle). 1 = 85 minutes, 2 = 90 minutes, 3 = 95 minutes, 4 = 105 minutes, 5 = 110 minutes, 6 = 115 minutes. I know it`s ex post facto, but I hopefully it give you some idea of how long the games were.

Danguinius
No worries mate. I had a basic idea. I just wish I had more time on that first game... 8-)

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:54 am

One of the tournament participants (and 2nd place finisher), Yamda-san posted a very nice write-up of the tourney with lots of photos. Take a look.

http://page.freett.com/realmofrman/Stea ... on2014.htm

Danguinius

P.S. The Hiroshima Wargamers` slogan is "Paint, or Die!" - that`s why it pops up here and there.
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

Gannon
Rookie

Post by Gannon » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:20 am

Great write-up there. I also posted a little something on the ICGC Forums, which basically covered what Danguinius covered earliers. As a note, game times were:

Game 1: 85 minutes
Game 2: 115 minutes
Game 3: 100 Minutes
Game 4: 90 Minutes

All generated randomly, before the games started.

I hope everyone had a great time, I know I certainly did, even hungover the next day haha! Hope to see you all out there next year, and by all means, bring some friends.

Gannon
Play like you got a Pair!!

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:26 pm

Hi Danguinius,

Thanks for returning the Indestructible Cygnar token - I haven't seen it before, but it could be DungeonLord's, and if not I suppose he can make good use of it - although I rather hope he doesn't have anything Indestructible in his army...(of course if anyone else speaks for it I can pass it along)

Also thanks for the charge lane templates, I will try them out at DungeonLord's next event!

Small thing - I have moved, but my new address is almost the same as the old - new APT# is 403. We have the Post Office forwarding our mail (and I occasionally take a peek in our old mailbox, as no one else has moved in yet) so anyway I got your package no problem!

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:56 am

Underdweller,

Glad you got everything okay. Those charge-lane templates really help when you have a tight legal-or-not-legal charge situation.

I just finished painting Borka2 (or, "Bearka") and Dozer & Smigg to add to my Troll collection. I`ll debut Borka2 this weekend, I hope.

Danguinius

Return to “Hordes/Warmachine - ホードとウォーマシーン”