The 2nd Annual Japan Open

Discussion for anything related to Hordes, Warmachine or any Privateer Press games.
Danguinius
Veteran

The 2nd Annual Japan Open

Post by Danguinius » Fri May 30, 2014 7:58 am

Hello everyone! That time of the year is quickly approaching again - The Japan Open of Warmachine and Hordes! The Fukuyama & Hiroshima & Iwakuni Wargamers will again be hosting a national level WarmaHordes tourney in Fukuyama (Hiroshima Prefecture). If you like wargaming, competing at the highest level, and having a good time with like-minded people, then we hope to see you there.

We will have our 2nd annual tournament here in the Hiroshima area on October 12th, 2014. It will be held in Fukuyama (kind of on the border of Hiroshima Prefecture and Okayama Prefecture) at the community center, just a 5-minute walk north of Fukuyama Station (a shinkansen station). It will start at around 10:00 a.m. and cost 1000 yen a head (for renting the room and prize support). The tourney will be run by our local press ganger (Gannon) and he`ll be handling all of the tournament lists, specific rules, and prize support.

We`re expecting wargamers from Shimane, Hiroshima, and Kyushu to attend, so it should be a decent gathering of WarmaHordes players to test your skills against. I know it`s a bit far for some members of this forum, but that weekend is a three-day weekend, so you could turn the weekend into a small sightseeing trip of Hiroshima (with one day of wargaming!). I will be updating this thread from time to time as we get more details and concrete info about the tournament. We hope to see you there! Here is the important information regarding this event:

Event: The Japan Open - War Machine & Hordes Championship Tournament
Date: Sunday, October 12th, 2014
Time: 9:00 doors open, 9:15 registration begins; 10:00 tournament starts
Place: Fukuyama Civic Center (located just behind Fukuyama Castle, a 5-minute walk from Fukuyama station).
Players: 8-16 players can participate (This could expand further...)
Cost: 1000 yen per player. 1000 yen is for the tournament on Sunday, October 12th. There will also be free play on Monday, October 13th for 500 yen...yes, that is a national holiday. We will probably also have a "nomikai" on the evening of Sunday, October 12th, but I haven`t heard anything about the place, time, or cost of this yet.
Materials: The tournament organizer will provide mats, terrain, and zone markers. Players are responsible for their own materials as written in the 2014 Steamroller rules.
Rules: This will be a 3-round tournament played under the 2014 Steamroller rules. Players must bring two 50-point lists from the same WarMachine or Hordes faction following the rules for special character restrictions. These lists must written/printed out and made available for the tournament organizer and each opponent. This tournament has a two special provisions: #1) You must use both lists at least once during the course of the tourney. #2) all models used in both lists must be fully painted (as per painting requirements listed in the Hardcore rule set) and based, with the front arc of each model painted or otherwise marked.
Eric Perez - tournament organizer (vigilantecowboy@hotmail.com)
Daniel McCartney (rodserling@hotmail.com)

Also, for those unfamiliar with the rules of Privateer Press tournaments, here are some links:

Steamroller rule pack (this is the tournament we will play)
http://files.privateerpress.com/op/sr20 ... er2014.pdf

Hardcore rule pack (we will NOT play this tournament, but the painting requirements are listed here - page 2)
http://files.privateerpress.com/op/sr20 ... re2014.pdf

More information about the venue:
広島県福山市丸之内1−9−5
Hirosima, Fukuyama, Marunouchi 1-9-5

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Fuku ... 17&start=0

And, many of the players in this tournament have started a separate page condensing all of the tournament information in Japanese:

[I`ll have this link soon]

Danguinius
Last edited by Danguinius on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Re: The 2nd Annual Japan Open

Post by Dungeon Lord » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:12 am

Sound like a blast mate. Just considering my options at the moment, but is there parking available?

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:14 am

Oh and cheap accommodation suggestions would be appreciated ;-)

Gannon
Rookie

Post by Gannon » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:52 pm

Hey Dungeon Lord, Hotel 1-2-3 is great there, and close to the venue, also it has parking available. Cheap rates around 5-6000 per night I think.
Play like you got a Pair!!

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:51 am

Great. Thanks!

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:53 am

DL,

I also recommend the 1-2-3 Hotel: rooms are very reasonable, has parking, not to far from the wargaming place. There is a hotel that is really close (like 2 blocks away) called Vessel Inn...but I think it is a bit more expensive and I can`t vouch for the rooms. I should also mention that the wargaming site (Fukuyama Civic Center) has free parking (if you get there early enough).

We hope to see you there!

Danguinius
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:47 am

More information about the venue:
広島県福山市丸之内1−9−5
Hirosima, Fukuyama, Marunouchi 1-9-5
http://www.mapion.co.jp/phonebook/M1300 … 000000044/
Sorry guys, but this link doesn't work.

DL

Gannon
Rookie

Post by Gannon » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:10 am

Play like you got a Pair!!

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:24 am

We have gotten an even more enthusiastic response than last year. The 16-person tourney has already capped at 16 people registered for the event. We will now make a waiting list and let you know if there are any cancellations/openings. We are also debating about expanding it for more players...but the place we reserved is not as big as the room we had last year and more than 16 players means a 5th round of gaming (pretty tough to do in one day). But for now, just know that most of last years participants will be returning and we`ll have a few new faces as well. Last year`s champ, K.T., will be there to defend his crown. If you didn`t contact me to register, but still want to join this event, PM me and we`ll work something out.

To all participants, start practicing and fine-tuning your lists now: 10 minute turns with a single 5-minute extension! :D

Danguinius

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:56 am

Gannon and I have been slowly accumulating terrain - the good stuff - and are pleased to announce all of our tables will be themed for the tournament. It`s looking like the 8 main tables will be:

1. Protectorate of Menoth
2. Circle Orboros
3. Cygnar I
4. Khador
5. Trollbloods
6. Skorne
7. Cygnar II
8. Cygnar III

and the championship table (#9) - Orgoth Ruins!

The tables won`t confer any rules or rules changes, they are just meant to be decorative and narrative (instead of the usual: 1-2 hills, 1-2 fences, 1-2 forests, and maybe a water feature). We hope you like them!

Danguinius

Return to “Hordes/Warmachine - ホードとウォーマシーン”