Warmachine tourney practice

Discussion for anything related to Hordes, Warmachine or any Privateer Press games.
Dungeon Lord
Legend

Warmachine tourney practice

Post by Dungeon Lord » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:44 am

Hi all,

The next Kuwana Gaming day is September 14th. Anyone with Warmachine/Hordes is particularly welcome! :D

Same deal as always; 9:30 to 22:00. 200 yen playing fee.
The event will be held at the Kuwana Chousha again (桑名庁舎)just behind GUSTO on Route 1. Just plug the below address into googlemaps.

The address is Mieken Kuwanashi chuochou 5 choume 71 (日本, 三重県桑名市中央町5丁目71 三重県桑名庁舎)

This time round I would like to encourage anything that is not Warhammer 40K or Fantasy. I will be practicing Warmachine in the morning and early afternoon, and board/card games in the later part of the afternoon.

Hope to see you there!

Danguinius
Veteran

Re: Warmachine tourney practice

Post by Danguinius » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:59 am

I hope you got some good practice in, Dungeon Lord. Players down here are also tweaking lists and trying to get as many practice games in as possible. There also trying to find that sweet spot for just enough models in the list to not go over the 10-minute time limit for each turn. It`s tough, but fun to practice.

Danguinius
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:17 am

Danguinius wrote:I hope you got some good practice in, Dungeon Lord. Players down here are also tweaking lists and trying to get as many practice games in as possible. There also trying to find that sweet spot for just enough models in the list to not go over the 10-minute time limit for each turn. It`s tough, but fun to practice.

Danguinius
Trying to. I still have a few things to paint and of course there is "real" life. But, I should have enough practice to at least put up a fight at the least. Underdweller has been kicking my butt all around the arena. So I can only hope that I am learning something from each defeat.

I am glad I have done a little practice, because I discovered that 10 minute time limit a problem with large armies right after my first match. Anyway, looking forward to some more practice in a couple of weeks.

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:51 am

Indeed, you may want to avoid army lists with too much infantry and, specifically, too much shooting infantry as a way to keep your turns under 10 minutes.But, the most important thing is practice. If you watch the world`s best players (Iron Gauntlet qualifiers, tourney and final), they will take a moment to analyze the board when their turn starts...but then they are just move+action, move+action, move+attack, etc. Very methodical; which I think is the result of using the same list over and over. But I`ve modified both of my lists to include fewer models so I can consistently come in under 10 minutes...and when it gets down to just a few remaining seconds and I still have stuff to activate - it`s better to move and do nothing than just do nothing! :D

Danguinius
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:46 am

Well, I should be. Getting above average (for me) practice in leading up to the tourney. Which will have to do. I predict straight loses, but, damn it, I will put up a fight

I don't think shooting takes me much time. It is the hand to hand that slows me down. I get serious Analysis Paralysis when I am in combat. Shooting is simple for me... Get in just in range and fire at the closest so that you hopefully don't get charged next turn.

Anyway, looking forward to the practice games before then. Sadly I think only Tanya will be keen on 50points and time limits. Not to worry though. Like you said, just using the same models will be a big benefit.

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:48 am

I've got a bit of practice in with DL and the Japanese guys, and on Vassal, by Email - of course, play by mail is the opposite of the type of practice I should be getting, but at least I know most of my models pretty well and know a bit more about some other factions.

Like Phil, I don't expect to win much, but I expect to have fun trying!

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:47 am

If you can just remember everything in your army and some of the more potent combos, that`s a great start! I`m still trying to get everything down for my two Warlocks!

Several of the best players in Japan will be there (including last year`s champion, K.T.-san), but there are also some newer players and people with no tournament experience. Don`t be intimidated, every game is winnable as long as you keep your eyes on the prize (assassination or scenario points)! It also looks like almost every faction will have a representative in the tourney...except Legion (maybe) and Minions (maybe), so prepare your lists for anything and everything.

Danguinius

Return to “Hordes/Warmachine - ホードとウォーマシーン”