The Japan Open 5 (a.k.a. The Japan Open Team Championship)

Discussion for anything related to Hordes, Warmachine or any Privateer Press games.
Danguinius
Veteran

The Japan Open 5 (a.k.a. The Japan Open Team Championship)

Post by Danguinius » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:00 am

Greetings (again),

The 5th Annual Japan Open is coming soon - October 8th and 9th. This year's Japan Open of WarmaHordes will again be held in Fukuyama. There are some big changes this year, most notably we are having a team championship. Details are in the link below, but basically teams consist of three players. A team wins a round by winning at least two of their battles. We are looking for 8 teams for the JOTC, so three rounds will decide the champion. The second day will be for free play. So far the proposed teams are taking on a very regional flavor (i.e. Tokyo vs. Osaka vs. Hiroshima). It would be great to see a Nagoya team represent this year!

Anyway, read the tournament rules in the link for more details. For specific questions, contact me or Gannon....actually Gannon will be the tournament organizer, so contact him if you have questions about the rules or want to register.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l76k9pa2n40tf ... 7.pdf?dl=0

Danguinius
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

Gannon
Rookie

Re: The Japan Open 5 (a.k.a. The Japan Open Team Championshi

Post by Gannon » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:42 pm

That's right. We currently have over $300 USD in prize support, so make an effort to build a team and show up. More info can be found on our Facebook page @WHJOTC

https://www.facebook.com/WHJOTC/

Make sure to follow us for more info and updates as the tournament closes in!

Any questions? Email us at WHJOTC@gmail.com and we'll get right back to you.

Rgds,
Gannon
Play like you got a Pair!!

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:31 pm

Well, It was another successful event! This year's Japan Open drew 21 players in 7 teams (we did have a slot open for one more team, though - HINT HINT Nagoya players).

As the big summer event in Osaka (Boundless Charge) draws 25+ for individual tournament play, we will probably stick to the 3-person team format for next year. We got a lot of positive feedback.

The final results were:

1st: Hiroshima Team A (Ordo Nonpainticus) - Trolls, Skorne, Cryx
2nd: Osaka Team A (Band of Heroes) - Trolls, Trolls, & more Trolls
3rd: Osaka Team B (Secret Weapon) - Retribution, Grymkin, and more Grymkin

Koala has a great write up of the Japan Open Team Championships (JOTC) here. Enjoy.

http://commissarsdutylog.blogspot.jp/

Danginius
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:51 pm

glad to hear it went well. Speaking personally, I must confess I haven't played WMH in a while - over a year, actually. I still have my Cryx, though, and would be happy to use them again given the chance. Like a lot of folks here, I'm also enjoying the revival of 40k, so that's where a lot of my gaming time is going. I really must try to get in some WMH this coming year...
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:29 pm

If you get a chance, you should play MIJ. The game is just getting better and better. New releases for each faction every 6 months or so...nearly instantaneous fixes to broken units/models both on War Room and the online card PDF maker...everything in each faction getting re-evaluated about once a year with CID, and appropriate buffs (or point reductions) given to under-performing units (by actual playtesters)...and a competitive play system that is revised every year to be the best it can be.

I understand 40K's appeal - who doesn't love to roll handfuls of dice? - but when you want a real tactical, competitive, thinking/planning game, WMH is just light-years beyond 40K (and I've played 100s of games of both, so I know). When you lose in WMH, it's because you ran into a better player. When you lose in 40K, it's because you ran into a cheezier list. But, I guess it all comes down to what your meta is like; if they just like casual, non-competitive, chit-chat and play kind of games, then maybe WMH isn't going to fly. Still, it would be cool if Nagoya could actually get a team together for next year's team tourney (JOTC).

Danguinius

Return to “Hordes/Warmachine - ホードとウォーマシーン”