Looking for Warmachine/Hordes players in Nagoya or around

Discussion for anything related to Hordes, Warmachine or any Privateer Press games.
Zek
Rookie

Looking for Warmachine/Hordes players in Nagoya or around

Post by Zek » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:14 pm

Hey, I have lived in Japan awhile and i only play Warmachine/Hordes when i briefly go back to Australia which is fine but if there was a play group here that would be amazing. :)

The Underdweller
Legend

Re: Looking for Warmachine/Hordes players in Nagoya or aroun

Post by The Underdweller » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:41 pm

Warmahordes is not very popular around here recently. I have a Protectorate army and Dungeon Lord has Cygnar, and there are a few other around, but I have only played about 2 games this year.

There is a regular group down in Yokkaichi that meets once a month on Saturdays I think, so if you have Saturdays off and don't mind the trip that is your best bet. It is all in Japanese, though. Dungeon Lord knows more about that than me, you could PM him about it.

Of course, I would be up for a game sometime at the regular monthly gaming days! (at various locations near Nagoya, posted in Games/Group finders every month)

Zek
Rookie

Post by Zek » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:57 pm

Thank you for your reply,

Missing the days of weekly games as is the norm in Aus.

Yokkaichi would have been perfect but Japanese sadly is sketchy at best, (I doubt being able to read the rules in Japanese) so that is probably not an option. I have come to the understanding that looking for hobby stuff in Japan and not being super great at the language is not a good mix.

I will keep an eye out for anything in the Gamers/Group thing and hope i get lucky one month. :)

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:21 pm

Howdy - Like underdweller I have a warmahordes army (Cryx, for me) but also haven't played much in a couple of years. It's not that I don't enjoy the game, far from it - I've just been occupied with other stuff. You know how it is - too many games, not enough time. *shrug*

Dungeon Lord is definitely the man to talk to, so shoot him a PM. Here's a link to his facebook group. (FYI, he's an Aussie, like yourself, so don't worry about language n stuff*. Also, he's based in Kuwana, so his group may be a little more convenient for you than the one in Yokkaichi. I'm in Tsu, meself. )

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1433104490310342/

Best of luck sorting out a game :)

*insert joke about incomprehensible Australian English here... :roll:
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Zek
Rookie

Post by Zek » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:58 pm

Ah i see

I will send him (Dungeon Lord) a PM now.

Thanks for your help

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:04 pm

Hi Zek and welcome to NagoyaHammer.

I wouldn't worry too much about language issues, most of the Japanese players understand some English and everyone I have met has been very accommodating about my own poor levels of Japanese.
Wargame rules tend to be in English most of the time and rely heavily on katakana when they are translated. I don't play Warmahordes myself, but are Japanese language rules available for it? If they are, getting a Japanese version of your cards so that you can show your opponent the relevant rule might be a quick fix.

There is a definite tendency for gamers locally to have too many systems to play, so you end up with some games disappearing from the tables. If you ask around, I think a few of the members of the Nagoya group have Warmahordes minis. They just don't play because nobody else is playing.

Good luck getting a game in. Pop along to a couple of events in Nagoya/Kuwana/Yokkaichi and you'll quickly find someone to play with!
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Zek
Rookie

Post by Zek » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:19 am

I am glad to here that at least people have an interest

I will look at the upcoming events.

Thankyou for the help :)

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:51 am

Actually, Dungeon Lord's event is pretty much all board games now. He used to have Wargames in the morning, but it was usually just me and him playing Warmachine.

Give the Yokkaichi group a try if you can - I have played there without much trouble, and my Japanese could be termed at "survival level" if you were being generous. I mostly used gestures and a common knowledge of the rules.

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Sun May 06, 2018 9:56 am

Is Zek still around? I was thinking of organising a WarmaHordes day some time soon.

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Sun May 06, 2018 1:59 pm

Dungeon Lord wrote:Is Zek still around? I was thinking of organising a WarmaHordes day some time soon.
That'd be cool. I found my Protectorate models when I was moving and I was like "Oh yeah, that was a game I used to play"

Return to “Hordes/Warmachine - ホードとウォーマシーン”