Monsterpocalypse is coming back!

Discussion for anything related to Hordes, Warmachine or any Privateer Press games.
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Monsterpocalypse is coming back!

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:14 pm

http://privateerpress.com/community/pri ... nouncement

Good news: Monsterpocalypse is coming back! Fortunately, what seems to not be changing is the basic system, which has a really clever resource management mechanic and, at least as importantly, giant kaiju throwing each other into nuclear power plants.

Good news: It's no longer prepainted, so you can use your hobby mojo to make your ten-story-tall Chthulu look just how you want him to.

Good news good corollary: That also probably means that the plastic quality will be better, so no bendy Martian tripods with an odd chemical smell.

Good news good corollary: That also also probably means that it won't be blind-buy collectible nonsense like the initial release was.

Good news ambivalent corollary: That means you'll have to replace all your models, if you have a few boxes sitting in your closet like I do.

This is one of those things where, first of all, I really really liked the system, and had a lot of fun when I played, and I really really liked the models, and it has a reasonable model-count and plays on a small area, so I may end up picking it up as another lunchtime skirmish game a la Shadespire.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

Return to “Hordes/Warmachine - ホードとウォーマシーン”