MiJ doesnt like 40k models

Discussion for anything related to Hordes, Warmachine or any Privateer Press games.
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

MiJ doesnt like 40k models

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:25 pm

get in to 40k it is better and has better models
now youre telling lies...

better models for 40k than warmachine?!?!?!?! Have you seen the models for warmachine? or hordes, for that matter? Seriously, dude. Warjacks are cool. Big stompy trollbeasties are cool. I'm not saying the 40k models arent good - many of them are, but compare any Space Marine model with a nice big Deathjack, and I say Deathjack wins.

Then again, Ive never been a fan of space marines and I do like me eldar. that Jes chappy knows what he's about, I have to admit.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Welcome

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:58 pm

they are cool but not as cool for me as the 40K range sorry
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:24 am

me_in_japan wrote:compare any Space Marine model with a nice big Deathjack
Well for one thing, most space marine models are infantry size whilst the deathjack is a big dreadnought sized thingie. If you compare the Deathjack to a marine Dreadnought, yes it is probably better, though it needs a lot of reposing to make it look good.
On an infantry scale, GW's plastic, multipose marines/orks/tyranids look way better than most of PPs metal figures.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:53 pm

Yep, got to agree with Prim. GW's best infantry sized stuff is much better than PP's infantry sized stuff in my opinion.

PP's infantry sized stuff is more hit and miss than GW's I reckon. The Butcher is absolutley wicked-cool. That Vlad the Impaler lookinf bloke with Garry Glitter shoulder pads just looks twatty.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:21 pm

i agree that PP infantry can be good-or-bad, but really, who plays warmachine for the infantry? For those not in the know, there is no differentiation between warjacks and infantry when it comes to army composition in warmachine. You get points. you spend em on models. thats it.

And aye, i was comparing the deathjack and any marine model, not only marine infantry. dat wouldnt be fair. Personally, I dont like marines so much. I probly would like em if they werent so bloody poster-boy tastic. Buty anyway, i digress. The deathjack is just an example - most any warjack looks cool, imo.

anyway - the miniature wargaming hobby is made up of many games. All have their niche. That niche being: whatever you enjoy. More power to em all, I say.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Return to “Hordes/Warmachine - ホードとウォーマシーン”