Anyone still play Warmachines/Hordes?

Discussion for anything related to Hordes, Warmachine or any Privateer Press games.
feeltheadrenalin
Rookie

Anyone still play Warmachines/Hordes?

Post by feeltheadrenalin » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:20 pm

I was thinking about getting back into it and building a trollblood force. Does anyone play this regularly or is it only 40k/fantasy at the moment?

jus

Re: Anyone still play Warmachines/Hordes?

Post by jus » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:11 am

Hey FTA

It would be a shame and a crime, if everyone stopped playing this awesome game. But luckily a lot the nagoya hammer regulars have warmachine or hordes and do play. Recently theres been a push for 40k and fantasy battle due to the Nagoyahammer 40k tournament, and the fantasy battle grand campaign, which is why it seems like this is all that happens around here. But theres also been some talk about a warmachine/hordes game day in the works.

If you want to start troll bloods here, I'd say go for it. We don't really see them much on the table,so troll bloods would be a welcome addition to the community. I play Menoth, so if you want a game, just sound off in the groupfinder forum and you are bound to find a game because there's no lack of player.

ennui
Veteran

Post by ennui » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:21 am

I would regularly play if I had an opponent and a time/place to play! I play retribution.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:58 am

The Japanese guys in Nagoya are pretty much always up for a game as well, even if we gaijin are caught up in a GW-game phase.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 16 infantry

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:40 am

We had a fair bit of warmahordes going on at an event over the winter, and there are always people willing to play. My Khador forces are always happy to throw down with any challengers, just let me know when. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:19 am

yup - me too. I'm in a big ol' 40k phase just now, due to the need to get my new army painted in time for the NagoyaHammer event in Golden Week, but once thats done my Cryx will be happy to come steal yer trolly soul any time you fancy :mrgreen:

ps - good call on choosing trollbloods. If (when...) i ever start a hordes army, trollbloods will be it. They rock :D
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:43 am

ennui wrote:I would regularly play if I had an opponent and a time/place to play! I play retribution.

Me, too! But I play Menoth. I have had quite a few games with the Japanese guys at Joshin, but even they seem to be playing WH40K recently.

feeltheadrenalin
Rookie

Post by feeltheadrenalin » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:48 am

I played trollbloods, back in the States, a couple years ago, during Mk1. Then, I got frustrated with them and sold them off cheap. Now, I'm starting to get tired of 40k, which I've played for many years, and I'm wanting to give Hordes another try. I'm kicking around the idea of going with Skorn, instead, but at this point, I'm leaning towards trollbloods again. Do you think I should try trollbloods again, even though I've already played them, or should I give Skorn a try?

Also, what's the deal with retribution? They weren't around when I played...

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:36 am

In answer to your first question: yes, you should totally stick with trollbloods. trolls in kilts with big rocks. Whats not to like?

With regard to your second question:

The Retribution of Scyrah, or "we're angry elves!"

hmmn. As a hordes player, you're familiar with the Legion of Everblight? Them thar elves are Nyss elves. Nyss is the elf god of winter (hence their somewhat blueish tone).

Scyrah is the elf god of spring. She's a bit poorly (well, dying, actually) and is currently resting up in a tomb somewhere in an elf city in western immoren, not far from where the dwarves live.

Recently, lots of elf babies have been born with no soul. Some elves reckon this, along with scyrah's poor health, is the stinkin' humies fault - they reckon that if they can kill all the human magic users then the elves will get better again. So they've gone all militant and have gone out to seek retribution. (Hence: The Retribution of Scyrah) There's a lot of fluff about noble houses and whatnot, but thats basically the long and short of it. Interestingly, the Cryx warcaster Goreshade the Bastard is a Scyrah elf. He reckoned the way to deal with the lack of souls was to go all evil and necromantic. They kicked him out in short order, unsurprisingly... :D

In game terms, RoC are a warmachine faction, with things called Myrmidons (warjacks). They have power shields and can be hard as nails to put down. I've actually never played against em, but Ive seen em played several times. Aesthetically, I think theyre great, but you can judge for yourself on the PP website, obviously.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

feeltheadrenalin
Rookie

Post by feeltheadrenalin » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:43 am

Thanks. I saw pictures of the heavy rifle team and thought they looked pretty sweet, but I don't like the looks of their jacks. They all look the same to me...

Return to “Hordes/Warmachine - ホードとウォーマシーン”