d20 Modern Cyberpunk

Discussion of any Role Playing Games, e.g. Dungeons and Dragons, Shadowrun, Dark Heresy, etc.
Miggy Smallz

Re: d20 Modern Cyberpunk

Post by Miggy Smallz » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:40 am

No August gaming?! What!

EDIT - I claimed the first weekend in August that Ian and Tanya come back, for Evangelion. Just saying. If no one else is running I'll make it a two-fer.
The lions sing and the hills take flight.
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:01 am

Miggy Smallz wrote:No August gaming?! What!
Aren't you away on holiday sometime in August?
Tanya and Ian are away for the first two weeks of the month. Mike is busy in O-bon. I am busy on the 15th and 29th with warhammer. Matt is leaving soon.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:00 pm

Ian and I are both available on the 25th - I'll probably go to wargaming in the morning but can come back for the afternoon.

I'll also let Tom know as he doesn't check this forum often.

Miggy Smallz

Post by Miggy Smallz » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:05 pm

Primarch wrote:
Miggy Smallz wrote:No August gaming?! What!
Aren't you away on holiday sometime in August?
Tanya and Ian are away for the first two weeks of the month. Mike is busy in O-bon. I am busy on the 15th and 29th with warhammer. Matt is leaving soon.
Not for long enough that I will be gone more than a weekend. Ah well, hopefully Tom and Jon and John will be around.

Grim Fandango
Rookie

Post by Grim Fandango » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:20 pm

While you're posting here, Migs, 25th? You free?
"You were better than normal! You were ABnormal!"

Miggy Smallz

Post by Miggy Smallz » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:02 pm

I think that's the weekend I'm supposed to be doing ECC jr summer camp. I havent found out 100% what days that week I will do that, though-- Sunday Monday Tuesday, Tuesday Wednesday Thursday, or Thursday Friday Saturday.

Grim Fandango
Rookie

Post by Grim Fandango » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:47 pm

It's been decided that I'm going to run this game this upcoming Sunday, the 25th. I think we only have three confirmed players (Ian, Tanya, and Tom), but if anybody else can make it, you're more than welcome.

For any fans of Cyberpunk here, I risk incurring the wrath of Deus Ex 1 fans by posting the following trailer for Deus Ex 3: Human Revolution. I really like the visuals and the atmosphere it captures, and although it's not the same game-world as my campaign, this is what I see in my head every time I DM it. In particular, the look and feel of the city, and some of the implant mechanics (although I imagine them with more synth-skin, and less bulky hydraulics). Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47ROmg7Lr7E

Grim Fandango
Rookie

Post by Grim Fandango » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:15 am

...causing acute bowel discomfort in dozens, and mild incontinence in hundreds more.

And in local news, Sector 12's Washington Hotel was consumed in a blaze last night that threatened to spread to other buildings in the area. TorontoTech's Urban Asset Protection Force used asbestos foam barriers and PBDE sprays to combat the blaze. Now, Civil Protection are investigating the possibility of criminal involvement in the events surrounding the fire.

Forensic reports released to WNN show that four bodies recovered from the hotel ruins died of gunshot wounds or blunt head trauma, while the remains of six CP officers were found in the lobby, which appeared to be the site of a massive gun battle between security forces and a heavily augmented cyborg. CP Chief of Operations Harry Krocek declined to comment on the story, stating only that the investigation was ongoing.

Meanwhile, in Sector 11, reports are just coming in that DataTrust corporate security forces have repelled an attempted assault on one of their secure data storage facilities. Street level camera footage released by Civil Protection shows a white van breaching the perimeter following an explosion at the main gate. In a press statement released via cyberspace shortly after the incident, DataTrust's Public Relations department said that although the attackers entered the perimeter, security forces opened fire and quickly forced them to flee before they could do any more damage. He assured shareholders and customers that the main building was not breached, and no unauthorized access or damage occured to the secure servers within.

In spite of these assurances, DataTrust's share price dropped six points in early trading in response to the news, prompting concerns that even low-priority facilities such as this one will have to beef up their security. No word yet on the motive or identity of the attackers, although the van used in the assault was found abandoned and heavily damaged in a nearby alley by a Civil Protection team shortly after the incident.

This is the World News Network, keeping you informed, brought to you by our sponsors Acid Drinks and bigMax Foods. Try the new Taco Burger and Caffeine Blast combo meal, available at a bigMax restaurant near you!

ennui
Veteran

Post by ennui » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:37 am

I think I can safely say that I'll never play another d20 Modern game as awesome as that last one. "Droxy" D Poodle will live on forever in my heart.

Thanks guys!

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:00 am

Grim Fandango wrote:For any fans of Cyberpunk here, I risk incurring the wrath of Deus Ex 1 fans by posting the following trailer for Deus Ex 3: Human Revolution. I really like the visuals and the atmosphere it captures, and although it's not the same game-world as my campaign, this is what I see in my head every time I DM it. In particular, the look and feel of the city, and some of the implant mechanics (although I imagine them with more synth-skin, and less bulky hydraulics). Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47ROmg7Lr7E
Im a huuuge fan of Deus Ex 1, and frankly that trailer made me want to run out and buy a PS3! Ace on a stick! Theres no way in heav'n or hell my poor wee laptop could run that game, and the reasons to buy a next gen console just keep adding up. What to do, what to do...
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Return to “Role Playing Games - RPG”