Shinobigami

Discussion of any Role Playing Games, e.g. Dungeons and Dragons, Shadowrun, Dark Heresy, etc.
Dial
Rookie

Shinobigami

Post by Dial » Fri May 27, 2011 10:15 am

I've heard nothing but great things about this game, and so I've been absolutely dying to run it for a while now. I've checked all over the internet for information on it, but aside from the d66 blog and it's assorted Saikoro Fiction related posts, I've barely found anything of worth. The problem is that I don't fully understand how to play it. I'd feel uncomfortable saying I can even begin to read anything in Japanese, and aside from the character creation chapter on aforementioned blog posted in November of last year, there doesn't appear to be any sort of translation for it, nor any kind of IRC or forum dedicated to its discussion.

Just from reading people talking about it I've been able to piece together pretty much all the core mechanics, but there are still important things I don't understand, and I really want to play. Someone recommended me here, and this may or may not be the right place for it (and I may or may not be getting trolled), so I figured I might as well ask. Does anyone here own/know this game? If anyone has enough experience with it to answer a question or three about how you actually play it, I'd greatly appreciate it. Like I said, I already know most of it; there's just a handful of things I can't piece together.

ennui
Veteran

Re: Shinobigami

Post by ennui » Fri May 27, 2011 10:30 am

I'm the guy who writes the d66 blog. Shoot me an email: mattgsanchez at gmail.com

Moyashimaru
Warrior

Post by Moyashimaru » Sat May 28, 2011 6:34 am

LET ME GO ON RECORD and say that I, too, wish to play this game. I'm reading through it now, but it is quite slow going...

ennui
Veteran

Post by ennui » Sat May 28, 2011 6:41 am

Let me go on record right now and say that, given a date, a table and 3 or more players, I'd be more than happy to run a game just about any weekend.

Moyashimaru
Warrior

Post by Moyashimaru » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:26 pm

ennui wrote:Let me go on record right now and say that, given a date, a table and 3 or more players, I'd be more than happy to run a game just about any weekend.
Are you in the city proper? Is there an upcoming event /games day at which you could demo the game?

ennui
Veteran

Post by ennui » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:31 pm

I live in Chita, which is a 20 minute train ride to kanayama. In a month ill be living in the city though.

I can run a game at the next joshin event if enough people are interested.

Miggy Smallz

Post by Miggy Smallz » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:47 am

Ennui, pm me for that-- I would probably be interested for that.

Oh, and Dial-- hey, welcome to the board. I was the 4channer who directed you to here. Hope you found what you were looking for.
The lions sing and the hills take flight.
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

ennui
Veteran

Post by ennui » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:00 pm

Miggy: I've been offering to run the game for you guys since last year if I remember correctly. Let me know when you want to play.

Moyashimaru
Warrior

Post by Moyashimaru » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:26 pm

Unfortunately, I'm all booked up on 6/26, and 7/31 seems pretty far off. I'm open to suggestions....

ennui
Veteran

Post by ennui » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:02 pm

This month I'm busy on the 11th, 12th, and the Nagoya game day. Other than that I can run a game. Who else can we get to play?

Return to “Role Playing Games - RPG”