J TRPG Day July 10?

Discussion of any Role Playing Games, e.g. Dungeons and Dragons, Shadowrun, Dark Heresy, etc.
ennui
Veteran

J TRPG Day July 10?

Post by ennui » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:22 am

I'm thinking about organizing a monthly gaming day for people interested in playing or trying out Japanese role playing games. I've got Shinobigami, Meikyu Kingdom, Magicalogika, Tenka Ryouran and lots of other games that I'd love to play in English.

On the 10th of July, I'd like to run a game of Shinobigami. Absolutely no Japanese is necessary to play. I can run a game of up to 6 players and I can host at my apartment if necessary. if it goes well, maybe (hopefully) this will become a monthly thing!

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: J TRPG Day July 10?

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:44 am

I may be able to come to that! I could run a game of Yuuyake Koyake as well, if people're interested in some Japanese-style hippie indie gaming.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 11 infantry

ennui
Veteran

Post by ennui » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:51 am

Awesome! Maybe we can have a morning session and an afternoon session or something.

Moyashimaru
Warrior

Post by Moyashimaru » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:30 pm

Count me in*. I'll be coming from the hinterlands, and have to make sure the family is squared away before I can leave, so nothing too early, please.
On a related note, shall I assume that 6/19 has died a death?

*7/10 is the rain day for my school BBQ, so fingers crossed.

ennui
Veteran

Post by ennui » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:13 pm

Great!

As for the 19th, nobody else has replied in that thread, and as you noted, it's a WFRP day. :cry:

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:51 am

It occurs to me that, since YK is such a dirty hippie honobono game*, I ought to make up a "what's the deal" post like the Shinobigami one and see if there'd be any interest a'tall before I take a slot up. I'll try and post summat tonight.

*Quick teaser for those who don't know it: The rulebook tells you rather sternly that "you shouldn't fight" (although there are rules for it), and one of the example scenarios is, no joke, going into a dark scary school at night with an elementary school kid to help him retrieve his textbooks. And there's a puppy in there. The end.

If there isn't interest I might be able to hammer something together for Alshard, but given the choice I'd be much more interested in running YK.
-----

ennui
Veteran

Post by ennui » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:59 am

Screw Alshard, I'm looking forward to Yuuyake! :P

As far as I'm concerned, there are plenty of western fantasy RPGs that do what Alshard does, and a few that do it better. :ugeek:

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:02 am

ennui wrote:As far as I'm concerned, there are plenty of western fantasy RPGs that do what Alshard does, and a few that do it better. :ugeek:
I agree, natch. :) Similar ideas are what made my Sword World translation grind to a halt.
-----

Seb
Champion

Post by Seb » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:17 am

Like I posted in the other thread, I got interested in Yuuyake Koyake and would lke to join you guys. I love the folklore part but you know, the hippie part with no fighting and all that sounds kinda.. meh but I will definitely try it, won't have any opinions before that at least.

Also this will be my first time trying RPGs so I have no idea what to bring and how to play etc.

ennui
Veteran

Post by ennui » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:18 am

Great! Don't worry, Shinobigami will have enough action for you I wager. You'll need a pencil and a few d6. Snacks and drinks are encouraged. There are plenty of conbini in the area to pick up some beers later!

Return to “Role Playing Games - RPG”