Mie RPG group: The Chronicles of Future Earth

Discussion of any Role Playing Games, e.g. Dungeons and Dragons, Shadowrun, Dark Heresy, etc.
ashmie
Wargod

Mie RPG group: The Chronicles of Future Earth

Post by ashmie » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:44 am

We have defated the worm for now in the Cthulu scenario The Pale God. What to play next?

I've found a good system we can play as a two parter or a one shot from this Friday if you are free.

The Earth we know is gone, forgotten in the depths of time. In it's place is the Urth - a world of mystery and danger, steeped in a thousand centuries of history and legend, where humankind brushes shoulders with beings and creatures strange and monstrous. The Venerable Autocracy of Sakara, the greatest - and oldest - Empire on Urth, rules over half the world. led by an immortal God-Emporer whose very word is law. It's a world of deep, dark forests, brooding mountains, timeworn ruins haunted with ghosts of the past and the weird monsters of the future. Arcane sorcerers explore strange dimensions, terrible priests wield powers from extradimensional beings known as Gods, mighty soldiers forge new histories from the ruins of the past. It's a time of danger, reckoning and adventure. Welcome to the The Chronicles of Future Earth.

I want to run it either as a one shot with pre generated characters or spend two sessions one on character creation and intro and one on scenario.

Let me know if you can make this Friday or another suitable date.

Ash.
Last edited by ashmie on Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

ashmie
Wargod

Re: Mie RPG group: The Chronicles of Future Earth

Post by ashmie » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:23 am

You need a copy of BRP to roll up a character for The Chonicles of Future Earth.

I have some details for you. Don't worry about names and details of the background too much at this stage it will all become real soon enough.

There are 4 races to choose from in The Chronicles of Future Earth.

These are: Hiverians - a human culture from the northern land of Hivernium. A good choice if you want to play a "standard" human character.

Amadoradi- Storm worshipping humans from a Protectorate on the Autocracy's northern frontier. The Amadoradi are currently occupied and oppressed by Dafuri flame worshippers, and old hatreds for the Autocracy are on the rise.

Virikki - a non human but humanoid race of blue skinned psionic traders, the Virikki are "Jenri", the so called "Cousins of Man", one of Urth's races genetically engineered from human stock in far-off antiquity.

Spider Folk - a truly alien race also known as the Hsun, they resemble giant termites or spiders, are powerful psionicists, and create weird alien bio-tech known as hsuntach.

Once you have decided on that you need to decide a profession for your character.
Here is a list of professions within the Venerable Autocracy. These can be found in the BRP book. Some of them are new and feature in the Chronicles rulebook. The professions with an asterisk are new.

Artist Hsun Crafter* Servant
Assassin Hunter Shamen*
Beggar Laborer Slave
Canal Folk* Lawman Soldier*
Clerk Lawyer Sorcerer*

Craftsmen Legionnaire* Spy
Criminal Mechanic Student
Detective Merchant Teacher
Engineer Mercenary* Temple Guard*
Entertainer Noble Theif
Explorer Pilot Tribesman
Farmer Priest* Virikki Psionicist*
Fighting Priest* Psion* Warrior
Gambler Sailor
Gladiator* Scholar

Now choose a house to belong to.

House of the Golden Blade: House of Korudavs Autarch, Lord Jakai Tellisan. Choose this if your character is an aristocrat.

House of Obsidian Shield of Khadis: Ancient noble House often worshipping Unthar. Choose this if your character is a noble or noted scholar, sorcerer of priest.

House of the Umbran Coil: High social status House producing many great warriors and legionnaires.

House of the Argosic Scribes: Medium social-status House producing many priests and sorcerers.

House of the Respectful Explorers of Antiquity: Low social status House popularly known as "Tomb Robbers". Choose this if your character is a roguish, theifly, or explorer type - or an out and out "adventurer".

House of the Hookamon of Kados: Low social status House of Canal Folk. Choose this if your character is a Canal Person, or an associated rogue or merchant.

And the background? Well the bare bones are there in the book but it's pretty much a blank canvass for us to build our own world upon.

Where is it set?

Korudav one of the many cities in the vast and ancient empire known as the Venerable Autocracy of Sakara. It is the oldest and greatest of the Spring-tide Civilisations - a group of countries on the shores of the Middle Sea - the Mediterranean of the far future of our planet, a world known as Urth.

Above in the heavens?

Urths night sky is much changed from our time. Seven heavenly bodies are known: the Sun(Rasha), the Moon (Yala), and the planets Balor, Devrak, Eplanai, Malud and Sayib, important in Sakarai astrology.

The moon Yala is no longer white but a beautiful blue-green world, said to possess both an atmosphere and inhabitants. It has not been reached by humanity in millennia - none of the known planning machines leads there. In the distant past the famous sorcerer Rathalos the Heretic was said to have visited Yala; his map is currently displayed in the Great Hall of Pillars of the House of the Noctilucent Orbin Kados, which he founded upon his alleged return from that world.

The Pentalogiat are the "Word Stars", a mysterious constellation of intricately interwoven lines. It's held to spell out a word in an ancient and now forgotten tongue, said by some to be the Word of Creation itself. Few pay attention to it, except for shepherds, philosophers, and children.

The society?

The people of the Venerable Autocracy believe they are heirs of an eternal holy city called Jiva, scattered from their ancestral home by a cataclysm known as the Doom of Nayarak. For 15 millennia they have lived on the fertile coasts of the Middle Sea, led by their founder and God Emporer Ankadarthe Lawgiver, Last born of the Gods of the Great Compact.
The Empire of Sakara is an Autocracy, a state ruled by an absolute ruler, an immortal God-Emperor whose very word is law. His representative on Urth is the Avatar, a human being gifted with awesome powers and the right to rule over the Empire as his proxy. Below the Avatar are the Autarchs, semi hereditary aristocracy from the astriger racial sub group who rule the Empires provinces, monarchs in their own right but for their fealty to the God Emperor and his Avatar.

And then?

Today, in the year 2992 of the Fifth Cycliad, the glory of the Empire is tarnished. To those dwelling in splendour in the Sakarai Heartlands it's unheeded yet, unthinkably after millennia of greatness, the Empire is in trouble. The fall of Ellib a century ago sent shock-waves through the Autocracy. In the deep south of the Aiforian Marches, jungle tribes mutter of independence. In the north, strife places majestic Hinervian on a knife edge while Chaos gnaws at it's borders. Some thing is wrong in the Venerable Autocracy, yet the 315th Avatar, Enessi 21st, luxuriates indolently in the harems and pleasure gardens of the Ethereal Palace, and pays no heed.

Final fluff before we begin

In the last centuries of the 5th Cycliad, a great malaise began to descend upon lands of humankind. The great civilisations of Urth, which for Aeons had seemed on the verge of slumber, now finally began to rot from within.From the edges of the world the ever present enemies drew close, their hungry claws poised to tear apart the delicate flesh of a fruit a hundred millennia in the harvesting. And all around, a cry arose for Heroes, to stand against the dying of the light and save the world from the sins of it's past."
"Some said that it was the end of days. Some said that is was just beginning. These pages tell the history of that time yet to come. These are the Chronicles of Future Earth."
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

ashmie
Wargod

Re: Mie RPG group: New system for Friday.

Post by ashmie » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:30 am

So whats it all about visually?

Think Jason and the Argonauts and Clash of the Titans meets Bladerunner and Dune in a futuristic low sci-fi tech medieval setting :lol:

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:58 pm

ashmie wrote:So whats it all about visually?

Think Jason and the Argonauts and Clash of the Titans meets Bladerunner and Dune in a futuristic low sci-fi tech medieval setting :lol:
I'm...trying, but my mind can't quite colour in the mental picture...

anyhoo - i wanna be a spider dude!
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Moyashimaru
Warrior

Post by Moyashimaru » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:58 am

Hey, I spoke to Gordon last night. Next Friday is no good for him, but the week after is doable.
Me, I'm good any Friday (usually).

The setting sounds interesting. I toyed with the idea of playing a magicky/sorcerer-type, but I've been watching "Spartacus" recently and the idea of being a gladiator begins to appeal.

Konrad
Wargod

Re: Mie RPG group: New system for Friday.

Post by Konrad » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:59 pm

ashmie wrote:So whats it all about visually?

Maybe a touch of
Shadow_of_the_torturer.jpg
Shadow_of_the_torturer.jpg (42.14 KiB) Viewed 3750 times
I need to read those again one of these days.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:57 pm

Thinking about it it's probably more of a Dune meets Jason and the Argonauts setting. Forget Bladerunner.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:58 pm

Ok 22nd July it is and then again during Obon someday.
You wanna role up characters in the first session as a group?

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:15 pm

I doubt I can do the 22nd. I gamed yesterday (the 9th), I will game next sunday (the 17th), so making it 3 weeks in a row might be pushing my luck, I reckon. It also filters through to even my gaming addled brain that I should probably be aiming to spend more time with my wife than gaming. 2 out of 4 weekends in a month I can just about deal with. 3 outa 4? dats when I start thinking that its time to give G.A. a call... :?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:20 am

That's fair enough. I'm hoping this will only run for a couple of sessions anyway. I'm going to England the next day for two weeks so the next time would be Obon to play.

Return to “Role Playing Games - RPG”