The Role Playing Games URL resource collection

Discussion of any Role Playing Games, e.g. Dungeons and Dragons, Shadowrun, Dark Heresy, etc.
Miggy Smallz

The Role Playing Games URL resource collection

Post by Miggy Smallz » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:57 am

Know of a great site that's helpful for playing pen and paper, traditional games? Share it with the rest of us!

http://crystalkeep.com/d20/
A site that collects a TON of information about Dungeons and Dragons 3.5, including classes, races, deities, and equipment.
The lions sing and the hills take flight.
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: The Role Playing Games URL resource collection

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:35 am

It's hard to beat the forums at RPGnet for discussion and news about gaming of all sorts.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:28 pm

I don't think there are any fellow cultists out there who are into the Call of Cthulhu rpg, but this site is wonderful and a real exemplar of what a gaming community can do.

http://www.yog-sothoth.com

Sorry if this comes over as a bit evangelical, but by god, I love this game and this site.
Yog-sothoth is massive. It has everything you need to get into the game, including free quickstart rules downloads.
They have an incredibly robust forum for players, absolutely everything is or has probably been discussed at some point. Many writers for the game chip in on the forums. There are forums about all aspects of the game, such as rules issues, Delta Green ideas, historical advice regarding whether or not flashlights were available in 1926... and basically all things Lovecraftian are welcome. It's such a welcoming community they have there.

They also produce a couple of regular podcasts and have won awards for these. They are free, and are always running through some marathon campaigns or other which they commit to audio for your enjoyment. The first they did was Masks of Nyarlathothep, which is regularly touted as one of the best campaigns ever produced, so you can find out for yourself. They take a little perseverance, but you might enjoy the banter and unfolding story even if you don't know the system or game.
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:05 am

Yog Sothoth Yog Sothoth Yog Sothoooooooothhhhhhhhh

I think the site had won awards for best gaming site before. I love it, they have their own radio show too. Which is just them sitting around yalking rubbish and rolling the odd dice then saying ohh look a 3.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Moyashimaru
Warrior

Post by Moyashimaru » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:49 pm

The Podcast is enjoyable, though a bit long (2 hours-plus). Decent reviews and interviews, most recently with Steve Jackson (UK) and Ian Livingstone.
ashmie wrote:Yog Sothoth Yog Sothoth Yog Sothoooooooothhhhhhhhh

I think the site had won awards for best gaming site before. I love it, they have their own radio show too. Which is just them sitting around yalking rubbish and rolling the odd dice then saying ohh look a 3.

Moyashimaru
Warrior

Post by Moyashimaru » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:10 pm

"A Tribute to The Fantasy Trip" is a neat little site dedicated to the old-school RPG from Metagaming, designed by Steve Jackson (US). It offers adventure ideas, streamlined rules, and lots of full-color paper minis and hex maps in PDF form. The minis are quite well done by Dario Corallo and would be useful for table-top RPG play or possibly wargaming. If you like them, follow the link to Dark City Games' website where you'll find even more. Free, of course.

http://www.thefantasytrip.org/

Return to “Role Playing Games - RPG”