Mie rpg group: Spawn of Azathoth

Discussion of any Role Playing Games, e.g. Dungeons and Dragons, Shadowrun, Dark Heresy, etc.
ashmie
Wargod

Mie rpg group: Spawn of Azathoth

Post by ashmie » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:08 pm

Next Friday 27th Jan, a new campaign for Call of Cthulhu will begin proper, Spawn of Azathoth, Herald Of the end of time.
Probably will run for the best part of 9 to a dozen sessions. It will be on a monthly basis due to family commitments and time available. It won't run in May as baby is due. Sometimes fortnightly if we are lucky and a full day sometime in Summer vacation.
Friday evenings from 8pm until midnight is a usual meeting at Moyashimaru's or my house.
The campaign will have two regular player characters but will be open to one off characters if monthly is too much of a commitment players can turn up as a cameo when they have time.
The campaign is really based around Lovecraft's experience of night terrors and writings drawn from the world of sleep and dreams. It looks to be very out there. Players will need to roll a character that has some experience of dream psychology or hypnosis and has studied or is studying at Brown University, Providence.
Here's the bumper.

(SPOILERS, but only a little)

I have seen the dark Universe yawning
Where the black planets roll without aim
Where they roll in their horror unheeded
Without knowledge or luster or name.

Astronomers have theorized that our sun is not alone in it's journey around the galaxy, but is accompanied by an unknown second star of dim radiance. The second star, while perhaps invisible from Earth even with the finest optics, would periodically pass close enough to our solar system to have far reaching effects upon the evolution of this planet.
Lured across the United States, overseas to the Andaman Islands and to the interior of Tibet, and to places even further beyond. Gradually they come to understand the dread fate toward which the Earth hurtles, a fate which only they can avert.

Game Era: 1927.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: Mie rpg group: Spawn of Azathoth

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:19 pm

intriguing...

Will this be in Tsu? I'm assuming so, that being where you live, and all :)

One thing: Are you suuuuuuuuuuuuure (hontonihontonisure) that you will have time for this? I've basically written myself off for any free time (and I'm talking "an hour", here) for the next 3~4 months. In fact, I will be bloody chuffed if I can sleep enough to keep myself from collapsing for the first month or so. gaming, i suspect, will fall far, faaaar to the end of my "wants" list. Still, if you can do it, more power to ya. Ganbatte, ne :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:51 am

Yes indeed. I'm cutting down to a monthly gaming day at the last Friday of the month from April. May, will be off but at least one Friday evening in a month should be possible. The campaign will run in Tsu until the end of the year so with 9 to 12 sessions it should be a possible. No rush. I will be busy with the baby of course but I'm a great believer in work, family life and play existing together so I don't want to write myself off gaming completely as I enjoy it a lot and it helps me go forward with the other responsibilities in my life. We usually meet after 8pm so once a month form 8 until 12 is manageable I reckon.
The GM's sleep deprivation will only add to the atmosphere of a campaign based around Lovecraft's night terrors and dream worlds, I'm hoping. :D

Yours in sanity. ;)
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Moyashimaru
Warrior

Post by Moyashimaru » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:51 pm

Your mileage may vary, but once a month should be doable, if it is something you want to do. Having kids certainly effected my social life, but I still managed to get out once in a while. The two of you should do fine.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:13 am

The stars are right. :D :geek:

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:43 am

We have played the first two sessions of this campaign already and rather than do a big write up as usual I thought I would let the Lovecraftian fridge magnets tell the story.
;) :mrgreen: :geek:

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:03 am

Strange Meteorite Nemisis, (Spawn of Azathoth), races across the sky with it's course set for 1920's Earth.
As our investigators head into their 4th session this Friday we find them in Montana at some bizarre observatory run by Russians looking for hints to this cosmic mystery.
If anyone is free this Friday from 8 until 12, Tsu GMT, Leslies house, I need a cameo role to be played. You must be spending time in the Montana town of Garrsion as an explorer, searching in vain for the Native American Sasquatch (Bigfoot). Your trail across America has led you here. You will encounter the main PCs and the plot shortly. You can play as a one off cameo or join the campaign for the next 3 to 4 sessions should it be of further interest. Of course it will.

In the meantime something to whet the appetite:

In my best Emperor Palantine from Star Wars voice; "You want this don't you, huh ha ha, yessss good, go on take it". http://www.yog-sothoth.com/content/1083 ... pons-Vol-1

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:36 pm

https://twitter.com/AndrewGloy1/statuse ... 8451175424

Session 5 in the can thanks to the wonders of technology. See you next time for session 6 and into endgame for Spawn of Azathoth. Next we reach Lhasa and the Tibetan Interior to solve this cosmic mystery. Thanks to Mie rpg group for making a campaign designed for 9 to a dozen sessions be near completion in half. :D :D :D
Much respect and sanity. Your Keeper. Ash.

Return to “Role Playing Games - RPG”