A guide to magic in RPG's.

Discussion of any Role Playing Games, e.g. Dungeons and Dragons, Shadowrun, Dark Heresy, etc.
jus

Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. A guide to magic. Blog.

Post by jus » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:30 am

Bright order!

wait and see, ready to burn anything that shows up with a FIREBALL

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:36 am

You are confronted by an oncoming Rat Ogre. It has been let off it's reins and is on a rampage.

You channel the Winds of Magic rolling 4 characteristic dice on your Intelligence.

You roll 3 successes drawing six power points from the Winds of Magic.
You add these to your INT of 4 making 8 magic points this round. 8 points of magic are needed to cast Flameblast. If you had drawn any more magic you would have been over your magic point threshold of 8 (double your INT) forcing you to suffer a stress point for every point over 8. You are exactly on 8 so you don't need to.

You have spent your action this combat round channeling but time is of the essence so you decide to suffer a fatigue point to give yourself an extra action so you can cast Flameblast!

You roll 3 characteristic dice this time for your BS. Some fortune dice are added as it's a large target and you are prepared. One challenge dice is added because it's relatively challenging, being your first magic combat.
You roll 3 succeses and 2 challenges giving you a success of one, hitting the target for normal damage. Normal damage is the strength of the fireball 7, minus toughness rating of rat ogre 4. The Rat Ogre is wounded for 3 damage. You also rolled a Sigmars comet so one of the wounds is a critical causing the Rat Ogres hair to be completely burnt off and scolded. You also had a chaos star in the results.
The Holladeck malfuntions causing the simulation to end abrubtly.
Frederick the technician apologises profusley but informs you that you have past your first simulation test.

Graduating with honours 3 years later you make your way out of the College of Bright Magic in search of your first quest as a journeyman battle wizard.
Do you A: Look for work in the Dog and Bone (theives guild),
B: Royal Court of Carl Franz
or C: head out to your Aunt's house in Marrienburg for a quick seaside sabatical?
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

jus

Post by jus » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:30 am

Aunt Le Roux makes a most excellent cherry pie. Best go see if she's making ends meet, her being a widow and all. Off to Marrienburg.
You roll 3 successes drawing six power points from the Winds of Magic.
You add these to your INT of 4 making 8 magic points this round.
sorry, would that not be 10 points of magic?

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:10 pm

Yes it would sorry. You drew 10 points meaning you can dispose of two or store two suffering 2 stress.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:59 am

After enjoying Aunt Le Roux's excellent pie you head out into the bustling streets of Marienburg. The docks are awash with merchants and ships loading and unloading their wares. You enjoy a pipe in a local tavern and watch Morsleib climb into the sky. It's dark as you arrive back at your Aunts abode. What's this the lights are all off and the place looks as f it's been raided. What do you do?

Oh last Mitterfruhl I had my fortune told
I met an astromancer and crossed his palm with gold.

He charted my stars and slowly shook his head,
He told me within months I would surely be dead.

I reasoned a short life could still be lived well,
So in Marienburg taverns and gambling dens did I dwell.

Bawdy popular Altdorf docks drinking song.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:04 pm

Quest will be moved to my main profile on FB. (Starting over with fresh posts, don't worry Jus not your posts they will stay on here). I've revamped it with photos of locations taken this weekend in Takayama. Should be a racket. I want to get people making their own quests with holiday snaps they've taken. Japan has endless source material. lol :lol:

Thanks Jus for comments, feedback and support. I'll keep this blog going with further stuff about magic in rpg.
Spread the rpg goodness folks. :D

Next I will look at 2nd edition magic background as well as 3rd. Focusing on fluff as the main. ;)

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:46 am

Follow my alter ego, Gloy at you tube. Subscribers needed.

New episode: Takayama adventure; Gloy takes a break from Gming but fails to withdraw from the game.

http://youtu.be/AKAXs4KRYn0

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:19 am

Very good mate! :lol: Well, cut. You got me chuckling.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:41 am

I do not believe that the greenskins use magic the way we do. And I don't mean that they're different the way High Elves or Chaos sorcerers are, channeling the Winds of Magic unfiltered. No, I do not think they use the Winds of Magic at all.

Hilde Kramer, Celestial Order Wizard.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:16 am

What should profit a man to gain the whole world but to lose his own soul.

Mage Gloy on his journey to the Bogenhafen fair.

Return to “Role Playing Games - RPG”