Arts Club Tsu. Halloween rumours.

Discussion of any Role Playing Games, e.g. Dungeons and Dragons, Shadowrun, Dark Heresy, etc.
ashmie
Wargod

Arts Club Tsu. Halloween rumours.

Post by ashmie » Tue May 29, 2012 9:39 am

There are rumours and mumblings on the hobby grapevine that a full weekend of Halloween horror gaming may be happening this year at Moyashimaru's house in Tsu. He has a big house with many rooms so we wont be stuck for space. Mainly focusing on rpg and boardgames we were thinking to run it like chapter one of The Hobbit with more and more people turning up as it goes along, lots of cake, beer, improvised storytelling and good cheer.
Thought I'd get the ball rolling on here before advertising on the other forums. FB, Kansai Jigg, YSDC, Mixi etc
Anyone keen to GM please contact Moyashimaru in a PM.
I'd like to run something. Either Dockside Dogs, a Call of Cthulhu one shot based on that famous gangster movie. Some Middle Earth Roleplay or the ultimate in wyrd rpg's Ars Magica.
Interest and ideas posted here please folks.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: Arts Club Tsu. Halloween rumours.

Post by me_in_japan » Tue May 29, 2012 12:58 pm

Interested.

How does mrs. Moyashimaru feel about all this?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Tue May 29, 2012 2:06 pm

How does mrs. Moyashimaru feel about all this?
MIJ you are such a modern man it hurts! :D As far as I'm aware she's fine and is going away that weekend.

Whatever happened to Gary Cooper! The strong silent type. Tony Soprano.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Wed May 30, 2012 2:14 am

Exact date and weekend TBA

Moyashimaru
Warrior

Post by Moyashimaru » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:26 am

Hi, Folks. Yes the rumours are true. I am planning to open my house to spooky gaming one weekend in October. My kind wife has agreed to take the kids and leave me to my own devices either October 20-21 or 27-28.
I have four rooms that can be used for gaming, two of which can be used for tabletop wargaming (if that is the direction we decide to go)
I am pondering what other things to do; all-day horror movies, Saturday night bbq, etc. For out-of-towners I might be able to offer (cheap) sleeping space and breakfast for those who need it (I've got two full baths) or arrange rooms at a nearby business hotel (5 minutes walk).
So, there it is. We've still got time to think about it, so think about it.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:57 pm

The Tsu games group will be hosting it's Halloween event a little bit early this year at Moyashimarus house on the weekend of the 20th I believe. There will be 4 rooms, wargaming, boardgames like Katan, Talisman etc and of course Call of Cthulhu courtesy of yours truely a special Reservoir Dogs scenario designed for convention play. Other rpg's will run as well including The One Ring from Cubicle 7. Hope to see you there folks. There is space for people to stay over as it is a two day event so book early with Leslie if you can. All the best. ;)

Moyashimaru
Warrior

Post by Moyashimaru » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:59 am

(Posted on the Events in Japan board)
Ashmie and I are hosting an All-Analog gaming weekend at my home in Tsu city, Mie on October 20-21, 2012. Gamers of all stripes are welcome.

While my first love is TRPGs, there is ample room for board games, card games and tabletop wargaming to run simultaneously under one roof. There is no strict theme for the event, but as October does lend itself to spookiness, games with a horror/creepy/scary slant are encouraged.

The event runs from noon until 21:00ish on Saturday, and from 9:00 until 19:00 on Sunday. The event schedule for each day has yet to be decided and depends almost entirely on you and what games you want to play/GM/facilitate. I will do what I can to match players

For responsible out of towners I can provide limited sleeping space (two sofa beds w/futons/sleeping bags) as well as a full bath and shower (Those looking for more comfort will find it at one of the nearby business hotels).

Cost is ¥500 per day to cover table rentals and other incidentals. Those who wish to sleep over are asked to pay a flat ¥2000, which will also include breakfast. Free coffee and tea will be available all weekend to all comers.

My house is located in the center of the city some 15-20 minutes walk from either Tsu or Tsu Shimmachi stations. We are only about five minutes walk to a grocery store, convenience store, and a few business hotels. More detailed directions will be given to confirmed attendees.

I want this to be a fun event for everyone, so if you have any suggestions or requests, don’t hesitate to share them on the Nagoyahammer forums. If you wish to attend please send me an email at jingu dot games at gmail dot com.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Moyashimaru

Return to “Role Playing Games - RPG”