Tsu Roleplay games festival 2015

Discussion of any Role Playing Games, e.g. Dungeons and Dragons, Shadowrun, Dark Heresy, etc.
ashmie
Wargod

Tsu Roleplay games festival 2015

Post by ashmie » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:26 am

Greetings gamers of Nagoyahammer. On March the 8th I'm hoping to have another annual RPG and boardgames festival. Just one day again this year. At present I need people to volunteer their skills as a GM/DM storyteller or to run a game. Ideally I'd like to have RPG tabletop running throughout the day but it would be nice to have some boardgames running also. If I can gauge numbers as to who can make it then the next step would be to book the venue. I'm thinking UST at tsu station or Center Palace depending on availability. If you could let me know as soon as you can if you can make that day or not I would really appreciate it. Cheers guys, here's to some hassle free games and good times. I'm thinking to run something in the morning and then throw the day open from midday. Hope you can make it. :) Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu. Let's do this!
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

ashmie
Wargod

Re: Tsu Roleplay games festival 2015

Post by ashmie » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:52 pm

Ok so I've had a few maybes from folks but nothing concrete so it's probably fair to say this wont go ahead this year. Nevermind, it ran for something like 4 or 5 years I believe but I guess these things have a lifespan.
I'm going to be looking to hangouts and online to get my roleplay fix as there is a thriving community thankfully. In the meantime if anyone is interested or knows anyone interested in RPG's please let me know.
Ideally I'd like to have a monthly group who can play an ongoing campaign of 5 to 6 sessions, alternating GMs accordingly when each campaign finishes. We used to have a group here in Tsu but as we got older and the family commitments increased it became harder to arrange.
What's needed is 4 or 5 people who are 100 percent committed and can meet to play on a monthly basis. I have the experience and the means to get this going, I just need the people. So if RPG isn't necessarily your cup of tea please keep me in mind if you hear of anyone interested in these games. Cheers everyone. :)
Yoroshiku.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:00 pm

I'd like to roleplay again, but Tsu is difficult for me. Have to rely on computer games these days for an rpg fix, but it ain't quite the same. Tabletop games are easier to arrange, which is why they suit me right now. I will return to the rpg world again someday, though. I especially miss Cthulhu, and want to run a campaign sometime down the line..Tatters of the King, Masks.. Makes me misty eyed and nostalgic thinking about those supplements. :|
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:59 am

Satoru has offered to take over organising the Tsu games group as it has pretty much become all Japanese players in recent times. They play a mixture of European and Japanese boardgames. It was nice that others took up the mantle after I stopped doing regular events. I'm quite pleased that there is something in place now just in case I feel the need to game again. We also have a games cafe every Thursday, again run by the Japanese group, they play through until the early hours from what I've heard. Well let me know mate, if you fancy running something I'll make the trip to Nagoya. Would be great to play something again. I nearly ran Masks last year but folks kept cancelling. After 6 hours of prep I thought it was a waste of time in the end just to have it cancelled at the last minute. :)
I guess the main thing is I just don't have the energy for gaming or organising stuff right now. Maybe some day again. Thanks for commenting mate :)

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:09 am

A problem with those big campaigns as well is that we've probably all read them..
But a big campaign could be something to start and chip away at, even if it were a couple of times a year with one or two players. I think these things can happen, though they may take years to complete! But if we keep the gaming flame alive the time will come once more..if we forget, then we are shafted. Starting to sound like Gandalf or Dumbledore now, apart from the shafted bit.
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:18 am

Good point. Masks is so complicated though I actually forgot the plot a few weeks after almost running it. These things only stay in my head for the required time to play them usually. Here's to keeping the gaming flame aloft. Come, follow my staff.

Return to “Role Playing Games - RPG”