Any indie RPG interest in 2024?

Discussion of any Role Playing Games, e.g. Dungeons and Dragons, Shadowrun, Dark Heresy, etc.
Zwackus
Rookie

Any indie RPG interest in 2024?

Post by Zwackus » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:35 pm

This subforum hasn't seen many posts recently, so I thought I'd try posting something.

I've been itching to run an RPG for a while. Kickstarter suckered me into several recent releases, and now I've got a pile of games I'd like to try running.

Lancer - SciFi mech RPG with a very crunchy hex-based battle system. I've been writing a module for this.
Mothership - SciFi horror inspired by Alien. I should be getting to complete set ... soon?
Beam Saber - After listening to Friends at the Table's Partizan season, I'd love to give this a try.
Dungeon Crawl Classics and/or Old School Essentials - Back to basics for dungeon crawling goodness.

Preference would be for in-person, at least until I get my feet under me again as a game master. I can host up to a 4-person party at my house near Nagoya Dome, and am happy to explore other venue options.

I also know a bunch of people out in Gunma and Chiba that are interested in a game, so in the future online is a definite possibility.

The Underdweller
Legend

Re: Any indie RPG interest in 2024?

Post by The Underdweller » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:35 am

I'd be interested in giving some of them a try, but finding a good time is always the hard part. I am free most Thursday and Saturday evenings, as well as Sundays (although they tend to fill up fast). I prefer in person as well. My place near Nagoya Station is free for games too, but it means sitting on a tatami floor, no table and chairs.

I have played and run Mothership, once each, and tried Old School Essentials out once, too. But I'm happy to try anything.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: Any indie RPG interest in 2024?

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu May 02, 2024 10:18 pm

It's tough for me to make an ongoing commitment but I'd love to give Lancer a try at some point

Return to “Role Playing Games - RPG”