Nagoya Roleplayers

Discussion of any Role Playing Games, e.g. Dungeons and Dragons, Shadowrun, Dark Heresy, etc.
ennui
Veteran

Nagoya Roleplayers

Post by ennui » Sun May 23, 2010 1:48 pm

We've got a pretty sizable role-playing group going around Kanayama these days. The problem is that we have like 5 DMs! I hope we can get everyone on here posting so that we can have a better idea of who's running what and when.

As for me, I've been running my Heiankyo game using a modded Savage Worlds system, the next game will be on June 6th.

Hmm, we should think up a cool name for our group. What do you guys think?

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Nagoya Roleplayers

Post by Primarch » Sun May 23, 2010 2:36 pm

I'll be starting my new campaign on June 20th. 1st level D and D should be fun for a change.
So DM wise we have 6 actually.
Stuart: D&D and sometimes Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader
Mike: D&D and D20 Modern
Matt: Heiankyo/Savage Worlds
Miguel: D&D/Monster Hunter
Jon: Seven Seas?
Tom: ?
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

ennui
Veteran

Post by ennui » Mon May 24, 2010 12:10 am

Hey Stu!

I had some ideas for characters for your game, so I'm going to put them down here so that people will know what classes I've got in mind.

Half-Orc Paladin
Half-Elf Warlock

Miggy Smallz

Post by Miggy Smallz » Mon May 24, 2010 4:14 am

Tom is doing his games on Saturdays, and doesn't really fit into the problem of scheduling, though I do support his idea of a scifi, mechsuit-heavy game.

I will be a halfling or gnome Dragon Shaman and a human Fighter.
The lions sing and the hills take flight.
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

Miggy Smallz

Post by Miggy Smallz » Mon May 24, 2010 11:04 pm

Also, I'm not doing D&D anymore, nor will I do Monster Hunter, as the craft rules (or rather the sentiments regarding them) are pissing me off. Those are projects that I'll complete and release as a pdf on my own.

For the present moment, I'm going to attempt one last time to DM, with a smaller playgroup (our original, core group-- Tanya and Ian, Stu if he's interested, Mike, and John H.-- as opposed to new Jon). Mostly it's an attempt to bring John back into the fold as I do consider him a friend and he dropped out of the second D&D installment game because the group was too big. If he refuses to come along again after that, well, I'll open it up to everyone else.

We'll attempt Adeptus Evangelion, a Dark Heresy ruleset for playing Neon Genesis Evangelion. You can find the pdf at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6JAJPHIL, and with Mike's OK we'll roll up stats on Sunday (and I'll spend the rest of the ensuing weeks becoming familiar with the system. It's DH so maybe it's not so terrible).
The lions sing and the hills take flight.
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

Grim Fandango
Rookie

Post by Grim Fandango » Tue May 25, 2010 3:37 am

Tom was suggesting before that we stick to, say, two campaigns at a time. Play them through until they're completely finished, and then switch to a different DM. That way, nobody has to wait a month or longer for their next session, and have everybody forget what they were doing.

Matt and I were also talking about maybe running more than one game on certain days. I think we currently have more active players than can comfortably fit into one group, and I know of at least two more guys who are interested in playing. We can run two different styles of game on the same Sunday; one hack-and-slash, one story-driven role play for example. Then people pick which games they're most interested in ahead of time and attend the one they want. I know it has a lot of drawbacks, but it has the benefit of keeping party size down to a manageable level.
"You were better than normal! You were ABnormal!"

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue May 25, 2010 3:48 am

Thats not a bad idea, but you're going to need somewhere to play those games. One of the reasons for the extra DMs was because everyone has their own ideas of games they want to try and run. I wont be there next sunday due to Warhammer games, but why not list all the campaigns people are running or thinking of running and everyone votes (cant vote for your own game though). The two games with the highest votes get played. As and when one of those games ends, or the DM is going to be unavailable for a while, someone else takes over.

Current games on the table are:
Mike's thief game,
Miguel's Neon Genesis game,
My exploration game,
Mike's D20 Modern game,
Matt's Heiankyo game,
Jon's Seven Seas game,
Tom's Mech game.

Personally my vote is for the thief game.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

ennui
Veteran

Post by ennui » Tue May 25, 2010 4:22 am

Like it was mentioned before, Tom's game is on Saturday night and won't interfere with Sunday gaming.

As for a place to game; my place is open and can fit around 6 comfortably.

I think it might be a good idea to have 2 different styles of play going on the same day, if that's possible, to cater to the hack n' slash/exploration games and to the hardcore RP games. I don't know how feasible that would be, though. If it's possible, maybe we can like, alternate 2-games-at-the-same-time days every other week and get 4 games going a month. That sounds a bit crazy, though.

I am looking forward to Stu's exploration game, but I'll cast my vote for the thief game for now, until I see how it goes.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue May 25, 2010 5:06 am

The problem with 2 games at the same time is if people want to play in both, they cant. Having 4 alternating DMs makes the problem even worse.
If people do want to do more than 2 games how about a morning game say 10-2 and an afternoon game 3-7 or thereabouts. That way people can play in any games they like and if they are super into rpgs they can play 4 different games every 2 weeks, otherwise they can just choose one game.

As for me, I can make it most sundays except the last of the month. I may also be busy with other warhammer events (like the tournament in June or O-bomb in August) or my wife may demand some time.

Basically I can DM twice a month and will try and make 1 or 2 other games a month. If people would rather play 7 seas or savage worlds, I dont have to DM. I am very happy to play as well.

Grim Fandango
Rookie

Post by Grim Fandango » Tue May 25, 2010 5:30 am

I really like the staggered morning/afternoon schedule, actually. It has the added benefit of giving you the afternoon free if you play a morning game. Plus you can still play a game on a day you GM.

I vote for this.
"You were better than normal! You were ABnormal!"

Return to “Role Playing Games - RPG”