Nagoya Roleplayers

Discussion of any Role Playing Games, e.g. Dungeons and Dragons, Shadowrun, Dark Heresy, etc.
The Underdweller
Legend

Re: Nagoya Roleplayers

Post by The Underdweller » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:12 pm

Grim Fandango wrote:How's July 4th in the AM? I'm going to be away Sunday the 11th, so if we can't do the 4th, it'll have to be over a month between sessions for the d20 Modern game.
The morning of the 4th is ok for me, Ian will be hiking as usual.

Re: gaming on the holidays, Ian and I are going back to Canada for pretty much all of our holiday. (The first 2 weeks or so in August)

Re: barbeque: sure, if anyone else's up for it. It would mean someone would have to give up their game day, though!

ennui
Veteran

Post by ennui » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:52 pm

What exactly is everyone's holidays? I have like 6 weeks off, but I realize that the eikaiwa people probably dont.

I'm TOTALLY down for a BBQ, and I have a cthulhu pinata waiting to be destroyed.

Miggy Smallz

Post by Miggy Smallz » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:04 pm

Grim Fandango wrote:
ennui wrote:Crap, forgot about the wargaming in the morning. Sorry, that means I can't make it. :(
Bugger... If there's wargaming, that'll mean Stu's out too.
So that's over half the party gone or potentially gone.

How's July 4th in the AM? I'm going to be away Sunday the 11th, so if we can't do the 4th, it'll have to be over a month between sessions for the d20 Modern game.

What is this in regards to, on the 4th in the morning? I'm pretty sure I'm out if the weather is nice; I'll be with Ian, hiking.
The lions sing and the hills take flight.
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

Miggy Smallz

Post by Miggy Smallz » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:09 pm

All ECC teachers (Jon, me, John, Tanya and Ian) have the same holidays, which would be the first two weeks of August. I will be gone the third week of July due to overtime work at ECC Summer camp for kids.

I believe the 13th is the Kokusai Center Library booksale, so that morning is out for me, as it starts at 2pm and I like to attend, whether I've got cash or not. LOL

As for a barbecue, I'm in like flynn, and would be willing to give up one of my ethereal play days-in-potentia. LOL Whatever/whenever that means!

EDIT ; well, crap! Just noticed this means the 2nd and 3rd week of July I'm out, in the morning and then completely. No particular plans for the 4th. But I might be travelling during Obon-- most likely to Comikket. But let's totally game during Obon if I am mistaken about Comikket's dates!

Miggy Smallz

Post by Miggy Smallz » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:57 am

Did you guys (Underdweller and Ennui) play Warmachine? I love the minis for the game, and am curious to see it played.

ennui
Veteran

Post by ennui » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:03 am

We sure did!

If you can make it to the Joshin gaming day on the 27th, you can watch it being played. I'll be there, and I'm sure a bunch of other Japanese and otherwise gamers will be playing Warmachine.

Miggy Smallz

Post by Miggy Smallz » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:49 pm

Has anyone claimed July 11th? I would like to run Evangelion again, if possible.

The Fop
Rookie

Post by The Fop » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am

Hey Guys,

I am new to this forum and couldn`t really find a better place to make an introduction. I am living in Nagoya and know Grim. I`m interested in playing or running a game but it should be said that I am more interested in the story based side of things. I am sorry but I am too lazy to read the pages and pages of information here so can anyone give me a quick synopsis of options?

I am also planning a small games party at my apartment on the 12th for card and board games (if anyone has any let me know because I only have a few)... Its a Sunday so looks lie it will clash with your other games though.

Thanks in advance guys

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:29 am

Hey Fop, welcome to the forum!

We are playing 3 games right now on Sunday afternoons; Grim's D20 modern Cyberpunk, a Seven Seas game where the players are paranormal investigators, and an Evangelion game using modified Warhammer 40K RPG rules. They are all pretty heavily story based.

You would have to ask the individual GMs if they're accepting new players or not, but I expect you could get into something. It's probably better if you didn't run a game right now, since we're already pressed to find time to play each game more than once a month or so.

The Fop
Rookie

Post by The Fop » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:07 am

Thanks a lot for the info, I will contact Grim in regards to the game, I think that sounds best suited to my tastes.

Return to “Role Playing Games - RPG”