The Mie RPG Festival is on. March 5th/6th

Discussion of any Role Playing Games, e.g. Dungeons and Dragons, Shadowrun, Dark Heresy, etc.
ashmie
Wargod

The Mie RPG Festival is on. March 5th/6th

Post by ashmie » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:41 am

Dear gamers, dungeoneers, quest seekers, vagabonds and rogues,

Thanks for supporting this event so far.

I can confirm that the venue is now booked at Tsu station. UST building on the 4th floor for 2 days from March 5th to March 6th.
We have the room from 9am until 10pm each day. We will run until 8pm each day. It's going to be 400 yen per game day. 800 yen for the weekend. This will cover the cost of the venue.

No food or drink sadly as it's a public officers building but it is at Tsu station so there are plenty of restaurants and cafe's down on ground level so you won't go hungry.

So far in terms of definite scheduled days we have:

Saturday games: Shadowrun, Call of Cthulu, Dark Heresy

Sunday games: Dungeons and Dragons, Dogs in the Vineyard. Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

There are a total of 18 player slots available for the games so please state if you have a preference for playing one particular system.

Dice, pencil, paper, bring and barter.
Last edited by ashmie on Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Rpg festival in Tsu next March anyone?

Post by Primarch » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:59 am

It sounds like a good idea. I would be happy to run Dark Heresy or D&D or maybe even Shadowrun.

But I wonder if you will have enough people interested in playing some of the games, or if you will have too many people wanting to play one. This is probably something you'll need to consider.

I know that once a month there are a bunch of Japanese RPG players that get together in Nagoya and they all vote on which system they want to play. I'm pretty sure that D&D and WFRP are not games that they usually play though.

I'm sure you'll have a few local players interested though.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:06 am

Shadowrun would be fantastic. Perhaps you could run that. I have the 2nd edition which I've never played.

The goal is to think big and invite players from all over Japan if possible. They do exist it's a matter of getting them all in Tsu on the sameday.

I'm definitely going to call it a festival and hold it over the weekend. We need a minimum of 3 to 4 players per table so that should be about 16.

The Jigg Kansai games group is very genki and always has a big turnout on public holidays. I guess I would need to invite them and try not to clash with their events.

I know quite a few people (well two or three) who would love to give rpg a go but have never tried before. There are about 10 diehard gamers on this forum alone. I'll try to post on some other forums too.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:05 am

sorry dude - march is bad for me. I have to go to australia and prep for it, too. Im exceedingly unlikely to have the time to attend. However, if you can nail down a date I can let you know definitvely yay or nae, as I dont think (touch wood) that there will be any surprises happening around then.

Hopefully, anyway...
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:35 am

I might could go, depending on the day - March is during the Spring holiday and I usually have some free time. I'd be up for playing, or running Gamma World or some hippy indie game like Dogs in the Vineyard or something.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 17 infantry

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:57 pm

Ok dudes great.

I'll think about a date for when it could be.

Only definite yes on here please people. If you can't come or are busy don't worry about posting. I want to keep the thread clear of excuses and reasons not to attend.

I reckon it could be on 5th and 6th of March.

Other Dave if you could run one of the tables that would be great and much appreciated. Primarch you are more than welcome to run Shadowrun or Dark Heresy.

This is going to happen. If those dates aren't possible I'll try for the following weekend.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:00 pm

Maybe we should start asking around and seeing what people are actually keen to play. I dont want to go to the effort of pre-genning a bunch of characters for a game that no-one wants to try.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:09 pm

Of course/ Lets ask tomorrow.

Moyashimaru
Warrior

Post by Moyashimaru » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:28 am

The Other Dave wrote:I might could go, depending on the day - March is during the Spring holiday and I usually have some free time. I'd be up for playing, or running Gamma World or some hippy indie game like Dogs in the Vineyard or something.
Let me be the first in line for 'Dogs'. That is a game I've heard so much about and I would dearly like to try. Love me the Hippy Indie shit. I'll run Don't Rest Your Head in return.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:54 am

Ok so thinking March or April time now.
We have decided one shot scenarios is the best way forward. This way people can game over the weekend and have a chance to be a player as well as a GM.

We have Stu who can run a one shot Rogue Trader or Dark Heresy game.

I'll run either D and D basic or the new 3rd edition Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.

The Other Dave can run Dogs.

I'm hoping either Lovejoy or Moyashimaru will run Call of Cthulhu.

That's four game systems to be played over the course of 2 days with the possibility of some play on the Friday evening too if people are keen.

We will either run two game systems per day or if we have a lot of players we can run all 4 each day. If the latter is the case then that is 8 separate scenarios needed.
Each game will need to be designed for one GM and at least 2 party members.

There seemed a lot of fresh enthusiasm and renewed enthusiasm for rpg yesterday. MIJ in Cthulhu and Spev and Jus seem to have really taken to it without hesitation.

I really want to have this event on a day when people are able to join as it would be a shame for everyone to miss out. MIJ you are busy in March, how about April?

If it's impossible to find the date that everyone can join then I will make it the first weekend of March as that is my birthday. Hooray!

Return to “Role Playing Games - RPG”