Mie rpg group: The Pale God

Discussion of any Role Playing Games, e.g. Dungeons and Dragons, Shadowrun, Dark Heresy, etc.
ashmie
Wargod

Mie rpg group: The Pale God

Post by ashmie » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:43 pm

Leslie was threatening to run this mini adventure for Call of Cthulhu.

We usually game fortnightly on Friday evenings after 9. Anyone interested? It will probably run for 3 or 4 sessions.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: Mie rpg group: The Pale God

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:34 am

might be. it depends largely upon my usual (inconvenient-for-all-concerned) schedule.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

ennui
Veteran

Post by ennui » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:00 am

In mie? Oh man I'm totally tempted. I don't know how I'd get home afterwards though.

Moyashimaru
Warrior

Post by Moyashimaru » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:21 pm

The threat still stands, although trying to get a group together has been tricky as of late, as I am sure some of you will agree.
Friday nights work best, but the odd sober Saturday is doable as well. Afternoons require more organizing on my end.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:55 am

Ok Leslie let us know for April/May if you are free.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Moyashimaru
Warrior

Post by Moyashimaru » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:35 am

I can have something up and running by 04/15-16 or 04/22-23 if there's demand for it. My place is preferred, since I've got the room, and I can't get away before 9pm normally.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:47 pm

This is all systems go for Friday 9 o clock ish at Leslies gaff. Let us know if you would like to join. So far we have 3 players one Keeper.

Moyashimaru
Warrior

Post by Moyashimaru » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:04 pm

The Pale God

The story so far:

It’s March, 1924, and we find our investigators in Halifax, Nova Scotia, a common waypoint for transatlantic ocean liners of the day. Henry Somers, maritime researcher and part-time lecturer at Miskatonic University, is presenting a series of ill-attended lectures promoting his book on the absurd theory of plate tectonics. Mr. Newton, a PhD candidate also from Miskatonic, has been doing research out of Halifax’s Dalhousie University for some time now. Hilda, the noted German spiritualist, arrived in the city fairly recently, drawn to the area after reading in the New York Times about the ghost of Antigonish. All have encountered forces beyond the realm of human understanding, and it is these experiences that draw them together now.

It is the young Mr. Newton who receives word from Stuart David Cabot-Jenkins, respected parapsychologist and writer, requesting a clandestine meeting in the city’s Public Gardens. Newton and Somers do so, an upon arriving witness the horrible death of Cabot Jenkins as a torrent of white, insect -like creatures pour forth from his sundered corpse. Before dying Cabot-Jenkins left the investigators with only these words of explanation: “Go to the house of the worm. Destroy it!”

A search of the deceased’s hotel room turn up a number of interesting items; an old-fashioned key, a notebook, a half-full bottle of whiskey, and an unfired revolver loaded with a single round. The key, notebook and firearm all fell into the investigator’s pockets. The remaining whiskey was left untouched.

The notebook details the recent investigations of Cabot-Jenkins, who of late has been debunking the works of sensationalist and shameless self-promoter Hiram Crewe, who’s career as a paranormal investigator was sneered at by the professional community of which he claimed membership. Recent entries concerned the Martensen house, a supposedly haunted property out past the Dutch (Deutsch) Village area west of the city. Locals believed the house to be haunted by the ghost of Mr. Martensen, a loner of German descent who was blamed for several disappearances in the latter half of the 19th century. After Martensen was lynched, his house remained unoccupied until the Ramsey family moved in. In 1912, Miriam Ramsey was taken into custody after the death of her husband and two sons. Police accused Miriam of hacking them to death in the cellar with a crowbar and had the raving woman institutionalized in the Nova Scotia Hospital, where she remains to this day. Cabot-Jenkins found the claim preposterous and was intrigued by the woman’s claim that a giant worm had killed her family.

Despite the history of the house, Crewe uncharacteristically declared that he had found nothing out of the ordinary following his investigation. A puzzled Cabot-Jenkins came to Halifax to carry out his own investigation into both the house and Hiram Crewe’s sudden change in attitude.

This is what the investigators know. What will they do next? Will they be prepared for what they find? Or will it be too much for them?

Well, who knows, really?

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:30 am

Buy my new book The Deep Undived by Professor Henry Somers of Miskatonic University.

I'll be here all week at the University seminar rooms in Halifax Nova Scotia.

The first ten copies are signed by the author.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:49 pm

Now we have completed the Pale God investigation can you post the back story here too Leslie?

How about next time? I can run a one shot for Chronicles of Future Earth or start a mini campaign for Cthulhu. I was thinking something Pulpy. Or how about your one page dungeon that won that competition we could playtest that?

Return to “Role Playing Games - RPG”